Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
“Chaturthi Tithi” or 4th day of every Shukla Paksha belongs to Lord Ganesha
It is a 10-day festival and begins with the installation of Ganesha clay idols at homes
Vedic hymns are chanted and the worship concludes with the singing of an aarti
June 11, 2017: Lord Ganesha, popularly known as Ganpati Bappa is a prominent god in Hindu mythology, Every ritual in Hinduism begins with his pooja. He is worded as “Vighnaharta”, the one who will end all the obstacles in the ceremony. He is the god of good beginnings and prosperity.
According to Hindu mythology, the “Chaturthi Tithi” or 4th day of every Shukla Paksha belongs to Lord Ganesha and it is known as Vinayaka Chaturthi. However, the Vinayaka Chaturthi of Bhadrapada month is known as Ganesh Chaturthi. This day is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha and it is celebrated with great pomp and show all across the nation, especially in the state of Maharashtra.
Here is how the celebration of Ganesh Chaturthi takes place:
• It is a 10-day festival and begins with the installation of Ganesha clay idols privately in homes, or publicly on elaborate pandals with elaborate decorations and lighting.
• Devotees worship the idol in the morning and evening with offerings of flowers, durva (strands of young grass), Karanji and modaks (jaggery and coconut flakes wrapped in rice flour dumplings)
• Vedic hymns are chanted and the worship concludes with the singing of an aarti in honor of Ganesha, other gods, and saints
• The idol is kept in the homes for a minimum period of one and a half days. This period can vary from 5, 7 or 11 days
• Absolute piousness is observed in the homes. After 1 and ½ days or so, the idol is immersed in a water body. The event is huge and the crowd chants Ganpati mantras all along the way
• In Goa, Ganesh Chaturthi is known as Chavath parab. On the 3rd day of Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapada month, Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva are worshiped
• Instruments such as ghumots, Crash cymbals and pakhavaj (an Indian barrel-shaped, two-headed drum) are played during the ceremonies
• Navyachi Pancham, the harvest festival is celebrated the next day. Freshly harvested paddy is brought home from the fields (or temples) and a puja is conducted
• The festival features cultural activities such as singing, theater and orchestral performances and community activities such as free medical checkups, blood-donation sites and donations to the poor
• Ganesh Chaturthi is an important economic activity as well in Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Chennai. Many artists, industries, and businesses earn a significant amount of their living from the festival, which is a stage for budding artists. Members of other religions also participate in the celebration
Ganesh Chaturthi is a huge event in India and it transcends over religious or caste-based differences. People from all races of life come together in this festival.
– prepared by Nikita Tayal of NewsGram. Twitter: @NikitaTayal6
As robots evolve to do more work around us, the UK-based humanoid robot manufacturer Engineered Arts has infused more human-like facial expressions into one of its robots, which may leave you with an eerie feeling.
In a video posted on YouTube, the robot called 'Ameca' displays various human expressions, like appearing to "wake up" from sleep, as its face shows confusion and frustration when it opens its eyes.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter to stay updated about the World news.
Once awake, 'Ameca' starts looking at its hands and arms, opens its mouth and raises its eyebrows, just like a human does.
At the end of the video, Ameca smiles and holds a welcoming hand out towards the viewer.
According to Engineered Arts, the humanoid bot is currently unable to walk and it is working towards giving it the ability in the near future.
"Designed specifically as a platform for development into future robotics technologies, 'Ameca' is the perfect humanoid robot platform for human-robot interaction," says the company.
The 'Ameca' hardware is a development based on its own research into humanoid robotics and built on its advanced 'Mesmer' technology.
Ameca' on display at the CES 2022 conference in Las Vegas in the US in January.Unsplash
Also read: NASA humanoid robot dances to technology
Engineered Arts is slated to put 'Ameca' on display at the CES 2022 conference in Las Vegas in the US in January.
"Human-like Artificial Intelligence needs a human-like artificial body. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning systems can be tested and developed on Ameca alongside our powerful 'Tritium' robot operating system," the company posted on its website. (IANS/PR)
(Keywords: Humanoid Robot, Ameca, Technology)
Microsoft has disrupted the activities of a China-based hacking group, gaining control of the malicious websites the group used to attack organisations in the US and 28 other countries around the world.
The Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit (DCU) said in a statement that a federal court in Virginia granted its request to seize websites of the hacking group called 'Nickel', enabling the company to cut off Nickel's access to its victims and prevent the websites from being used to execute attacks.
Follow NewsGram on LinkedIn to know what's happening around the world.
"We believe these attacks were largely being used for intelligence gathering from government agencies, think tanks and human rights organisations," said Tom Burt, Corporate Vice President, Customer Security and Trust at Microsoft.
Obtaining control of the malicious websites and redirecting traffic from those sites to Microsoft's secure servers will help the company protect existing and future victims while learning more about Nickel's activities.
Also Read : Fortnite : A Gold Mine for Hackers
"Our disruption will not prevent Nickel from continuing other hacking activities, but we do believe we have removed a key piece of the infrastructure the group has been relying on for this latest wave of attacks," Burt said late on Monday.
To date, in 24 lawsuits - five against nation-state actors -- Microsoft has taken down more than 10,000 malicious websites used by cybercriminals and nearly 600 sites used by nation-state actors.
"We have also successfully blocked the registration of 600,000 sites to get ahead of criminal actors that planned to use them maliciously in the future," the tech giant informed.
"We believe these attacks were largely being used for intelligence gathering from government agencies, think tanks and human rights organisations."Unsplash
In some observed activity, Nickel malware used exploits targeting unpatched on-premises Exchange Server and SharePoint systems.
"However, we have not observed any new vulnerabilities in Microsoft products as part of these attacks. Microsoft has created unique signatures to detect and protect from known Nickel activity through our security products, like Microsoft 365 Defender," the company noted.
Nickel has targeted organisations in both the private and public sectors, including diplomatic organisations and ministries of foreign affairs in North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe and Africa. (IANS/SP)
(Keywords : hacking, China, Microsoft, website, victim, intelligence, attack, malicious, traffic, server, company, disruption, lawsuits, cybercriminals, vulnerability.)
- Chinese Cyber Operations Scoop Up Data For Political, Economic ... ›
- Hackers Steal $120mn In Crypto From Blockchain-based DeFi ... ›
Chip manufacturer MediaTek on Monday announced that it is focused on making 2022 a year aimed at rapid growth, business success, substantial expansion in Research and Development capabilities.
MediaTek's plans to boost technology democratisation and enable access to disruptive connectivity with its range of mainstream to flagship 5G chips.
"We at MediaTek are focused on making 2022 a year aimed at rapid growth, business success, and substantial expansion in our R&D capabilities. For 2022, we are focused on further strengthening our presence in India, offering incredible experiences to customers, and supporting the country's technology initiatives with our expertise and collaboration with leading OEMs," Anku Jain, Managing Director, MediaTek India said in a statement.
Follow NewsGram on LinkedIn to know what's happening around the world.
In the flagship segment, MediaTek recently announced the Dimensity 9000 chip, which is a milestone of innovation and a rise to the incredible, built-to-power flagship 5G smartphones in the world, the company claims.
MediaTek Dimensity 9000 features a single Cortex-X2 performance core clocked at 3.05GHz, three Cortex-A710 cores at 2.85GHz and four Cortex-A510 efficiency cores at 1.8GHz.
It packs a 10-core Arm Mali-G710 that takes care of graphics processing, the report said.
The chipset also comes packed with MediaTek's fifth-generation APU with six total cores for AI processing.Unsplash
Also read: Realme Unveils First 5G Smartphone
The chipset also comes packed with MediaTek's fifth-generation APU with six total cores for AI processing.
The chipset can handle screens with up to a 180Hz refresh rate at Full HD+ resolutions. It is also the first chipset to have an 18-bit image signal processor, offering the ability to capture 4K HDR video using up to three cameras at the same time, or still photos using up to a massive 320MP sensor. (IANS/PR)
(Keywords: 5G, smartphones, Mediatek)