Monday March 30, 2020
Home Lead Story Online Travel...

Online Travel Booking Giant MakeMyTrip Waives Off Fee For Processing Cancellation, Rescheduling Requests

Earlier, with India announcing to cancel all non-official visas till April 15, the said the decision will have a distinct impact on inbound and outbound international travel

0
//
MakeMyTrip
MakeMyTrip is not levying any fee for processing cancellation or rescheduling requests for domestic as well as international flights up to April 30. Wikimedia Commons

Leading online travel aggregator MakeMyTrip on Tuesday announced that the company is waiving off fee for processing cancellation or rescheduling requests for domestic as well as international flights up to April 30.

“MakeMyTrip is not levying any fee for processing cancellation or rescheduling requests for domestic as well as international flights up to April 30. We understand this is a difficult time for travellers and we want to support them during this period of uncertainty,” Saujanya Shrivastava, Chief Business Officer, MakeMyTrip said in a statement.

“We continue to work closely with all our airline partners for lenient customer policies for date change, cancellations and waivers in the face of evolving travel situation. We are also seamlessly passing on waiver benefits to our customers, wherever applicable,” he added.

MakeMytrip
Leading online travel aggregator MakeMyTrip on Tuesday announced that the company is waiving off fee for processing cancellation or rescheduling requests for domestic as well as international flights up to April 30. IANS

Earlier, with India announcing to cancel all non-official visas till April 15, the said the decision will have a distinct impact on inbound and outbound international travel.

ALSO READ: Turmeric: The Magical Ingredient That Boosts Immunity

The Ministry of Health on Tuesday said that so far 126 cases of COVID-19 have been reported in India, 12 up from Tuesday tally of 114. (IANS)

Next Story

Search Engine Giant Google Bans “Infowars” App From Play Store Over Fake Video about Coronavirus

"Now more than ever, combating misinformation on the Play Store is a top priority for the team," a Google spokesperson was quoted as saying

0
Google
Google confirmed the removal of the app to Wired after a video was posted by radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. Pixabay

Google has banned the Infowars Android app from its Play Store for posting fake claims about new coronavirus (COVID-19).

Infowars is a far-right American conspiracy theory and fake news website.

Google confirmed the removal of the app to Wired after a video was posted by radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.

The video “disputed the need for social distancing, shelter in place, and quarantine efforts meant to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.” Before it was removed, the app had more than 100,000 downloads, said the report.

“Now more than ever, combating misinformation on the Play Store is a top priority for the team,” a Google spokesperson was quoted as saying.

Google
Google has banned the Infowars Android app from its Play Store for posting fake claims about new coronavirus (COVID-19). Pixabay

New York Attorney General Letitia James has ordered Jones not to sell Infowars products marketed as a treatment for new coronavirus.

“[Alex Jones’] latest mistruths are incredibly dangerous and pose a serious threat to the public health of New Yorkers and individuals across the nation,” James said in a statement.

ALSO READ: Find Out How Restaurant Owners Are Operating Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

Apple permanently banned the Infowars app from its App Store in September 2018.

Jones and Infowars have already been removed from Twitter. (IANS)