Wednesday July 17, 2019
Home India Meet Raj Moha...

Meet Raj Mohan Nair: The Electric Man of India

Raj Mohan got to know about his super-power when he was 7 years old

1
//
Raj Mohan Nair Image Source: www.peoples.pw
  • Raj Mohan can withstand several amps of electricity passing through his body without any bodily harm
  • Although his eyes get glazed over when the current passes through his body, rendering him temporarily blind
  • Raj’s body is over 10 times more resistant than that of an average human

Truth is stranger than fiction Indeed! Do you know what happens if you pass a tenth of an amp through a human’s body? He/she will die without any question, due to electrocution. Surprisingly, this is not true for the Electric Man of India- Raj Mohan Nair.

This man can do extraordinary things as his body is immune to high voltage electricity. He can withstand several amps of electricity passing through his body without any bodily harm. This Human conductor wraps exposed wires around his body, and electricity flows from main plug, through his body, to electric bulbs, iron plates etc, said the incredibleweird.com report.

Follow NewsGram at Twitter: @newsgram1

A man electrocuted at a construction site. Image source: www.snitchngr.com
A man electrocuted at a construction site. Image source: www.snitchngr.com

While a fraction of one ampere is enough to kill an ordinary human being, this man can conduct several amps through his body without any harm caused. With one wire in his mouth for better conductivity and the other anywhere else on his body, Mohan lets the electrical current run through him and into whatever other device he’s trying to power on.

He got to know about his super-power when he was just 7 years old. He said, “I lost my mother and was depressed. Finally, I decided to end my life by climbing the transformer and grabbing a live wire. To my amazement, nothing happened to me. It was then I realized that I had been blessed with a gift from God.”

Follow NewsGram on Facebook: NewsGram.com

The incredibleweird.com report said, there is nothing special about his looks but witnessing him while preparing chicken by grabbing a hot plate in his own hands will surely leave you in complete shock. If this much amount of current passes through a normal person for just a fraction of second then it causes permanent muscle damage and may stop one’s heartbeat.

Although, his eyes get glazed over when the current passes through his body, rendering him temporarily blind. After testing Raj Mohan Nair’s resistance to electricity using a multimeter, Daniel Browning Smith found that Raj’s body is over 10 times more resistant than that of an average human. He has capabilities, which no ordinary human possesses.

-This article is compiled by a staff-writer at NewsGram.

ALSO READ:

  • Vrushali Mahajan

    Oh my god! This is so strange!

Next Story

Researchers Develop Way to Fight against Bacterial Infections using Electricity

Bacterial biofilms are thin, slimy films of bacteria that form on some wounds, including burns or post-surgical infections, as well as after a medical device is placed in the body

0
bacterial infections
Bacterial biofilms are thin, slimy films of bacteria that form on some wounds, including burns or post-surgical infections, as well as after a medical device is placed in the body. Pixabay

Amid growing antibiotic resistance, Indian-origin researchers have developed a way to charge up the fight against bacterial infections using electricity.

The electric field-based dressing can not only disrupt biofilm infection, it can also prevent such infections from forming in the future, said the study published in the journal Annals of Surgery.

Bacterial biofilms are thin, slimy films of bacteria that form on some wounds, including burns or post-surgical infections, as well as after a medical device is placed in the body.

bacterial infections
Amid growing antibiotic resistance, Indian-origin researchers have developed a way to charge up the fight against bacterial infections using electricity. Pixabay

These bacteria generate their own electricity, using their own electric fields to communicate and form the biofilm, which makes them more hostile and difficult to treat.

The dressing electrochemically self-generates 1 volt of electricity upon contact with body fluids such as wound fluid or blood, which is not enough to hurt or electrocute the patient, said the study.

Work conducted at the Indiana University School of Medicine by Chandan Sen and and Sashwati Roy led to the development of the dressing, Indiana University said in a statement on Friday.

bacterial infections
Bacterial biofilms are thin, slimy films of bacteria that form on some wounds, including burns or post-surgical infections, as well as after a medical device is placed in the body. Pixabay

They discovered the dressing is not only successful in fighting the bacteria on its own, but when combined with other medications can make them even more effective.

The researchers believe that the discovery has the potential to create significant changes in the way physicians treat patients with bacterial infections which are resistant to antibiotics.

ALSO READ: Twitter Suspends Accounts of Anti-trump Activists

“This shows for the first time that bacterial biofilm can be disrupted by using an electroceutical dressing,” said Chandan Sen, Director of the Indiana Center for Regenerative Medicine and Engineering.

“This has implications across surgery as biofilm presence can lead to many complications in successful surgical outcomes,” Sen added. (IANS)