Wednesday August 22, 2018

Modi Becomes A”Rockstar” After Posting His Fitness Video

Modi on Wednesday took to Twitter to share his workout video

0
//
16
Modi will be the chief guest for the inaugural session of the programme on Friday which is being held at Vigyan Bhawan by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. Wikimedia Commons
Modi will be the chief guest for the inaugural session of the programme on Friday which is being held at Vigyan Bhawan by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. Wikimedia Commons
Republish
Reprint

Veteran actor Anupam Kher called Prime Minister Narendra Modi a “rockstar” after the latter posted his fitness video on social media.

Modi on Wednesday took to Twitter to share his workout video, and wrote: “Here are moments from my morning exercises. Apart from Yoga, I walk on a track inspired by the Panchtatvas or five elements of nature – Prithvi (earth), Jal (water), Agni (fire), Vayu (air), Aakash (sky).This is extremely refreshing and rejuvenating. I also practice breathing exercises. Hum fit toh India fit.”

Impressed by it, Anupam wrote: “Prime Minister Narendra Modi! You are a rockstar. What an amazingly inspirational morning exercise video. Thank you for sharing it. Jai Ho.”

Anupam Kher
Anupam Kher, flickr

Modi shared a fitness video after he was nominated in an online fitness challenge by Indian Cricket Captain Virat Kohli.

Also read: Want to Watch TV, First Get a Fitness Plan

The Prime Minister nominated Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy, Table Tennis player Manika Batra and the entire fraternity of the Indian Police Service Officers (IPS) to take on the challenge and post their fitness videos. (IANS)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 NewsGram

Next Story

U.S. President Donald Trump Criticize Social Media Companies For Spreading Foreign Propaganda

In July, during a House of Representatives Judiciary Committee hearing, executives from Facebook, Google and Twitter testified they did not remove content based on political reasons.

0
Donald Trump.
Trump: It Is 'Dangerous' for Twitter, Facebook to Ban Accounts (Wikimedia Commons)

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday that it is “very dangerous” for social media companies like Twitter and Facebook to silence voices on their services.

Trump’s comments in an interview with Reuters come as the social media industry faces mounting scrutiny from Congress to police foreign propaganda.

Trump has made his Twitter account — with more than 53 million followers — an integral and controversial part of his presidency, using it to promote his agenda, announce policy and attack critics.

Trump previously criticized the social media industry on Aug. 18, claiming without evidence in a series of tweets that unnamed companies were “totally discriminating against Republican/Conservative voices.” In the same post, Trump said “too many voices are being destroyed, some good & some bad.”

Those tweets followed actions taken by Apple Inc., Alphabet Inc.’s YouTube and Facebook to remove some content posted by Infowars, a website run by conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. Jones’ own Twitter account was temporarily suspended on Aug. 15.

Donald Trump. Pixabay.
Trump has made his Twitter account — with more than 53 million followers — an integral and controversial part of his presidency. Pixabay.

“I won’t mention names but when they take certain people off of Twitter or Facebook and they’re making that decision, that is really a dangerous thing because that could be you tomorrow,” Trump said.

Trump appeared on a show produced by Infowars, hosted by Jones, in December 2015 while campaigning for the White House. In removing Jones’ content, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook each pointed to specific user agreement violations. For example, Facebook removed several pages associated with Infowars after determining they violated policies concerning hate speech and bullying.

Twitter and Facebook declined to comment on Trump’s statement. Apple and Google did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Also Read: Slow Disclosure of Tesla Raising Governance, Social Media Concerns

In July, during a House of Representatives Judiciary Committee hearing, executives from Facebook, Google and Twitter testified they did not remove content based on political reasons.

“Our purpose is to serve the conversation, not to make value judgments on personal beliefs,” Nick Pickles, Twitter’s senior strategist, said at the time.(VOA)