- The risk-less practice can help with breastfeeding challenges of different types
- Breast milk gives optimal start to babies however the practice can be a challenge to the mother
- An increasing number of mothers are believed to not indulge in breastfeeding because of the stigma, infrastructural problems or health challenges involved with it
New Delhi, August 8, 2017: When faced with medical challenges, we tend to look for ways to address the issue in the fastest possible manner and with the least side effects. For the same effect, India has a proud history of its Homeopathy and Ayurveda practices as alternative medicine.
Homeopathy treatment has been around for several years now. However, the practice has gained popularity in recent years as an effective alternative medicine to allopathic and herbal treatment.
Homeopathy is a completely natural treatment and focuses on curing an individual by stimulating the body to heal itself. Homeopathic remedies are powerful and safe, and are proven to be effective in treating almost all types of health ailments.
The world recently celebrated global Breastfeeding Week from 1-7th August. It has been observed that the percentage of women indulging is breastfeeding is growing. The practice has innumerable benefits for the mother and infant alike. However, nursing women are often faced with it challenges of breastfeeding , such as nipple pain/cracking, engorgement (swelling and discomfort of nipples), mastitis, and inadequate/excessive milk supply.
These difficulties in breastfeeding can be tremendously painful and can even result in new mothers choosing to discontinue the practice. However, homeopathy is now being increasingly considered to deal with these challenges by new mothers of today.
Dr. Pankaj Aggarwal understands the benefits of homeopathy and believes they can serve as an effective and safe alternative to deal with the challenges of nursing. “Homeopathy will greatly help mothers with nursing and breastfeeding difficulties. Homeopathy helps women with problems that can make it difficult for them to breastfeed successfully” he said, mentioned ANI report.
Homeopathic remedies are safe for both, the mother and the infant, and have no side-effect or risks involved, thus helping make breastfeeding an enjoyable experience.
We give you a round up of breastfeeding challenges that mother face, that homeopathy can assist with during this important period,
- Causticum – Can be used to increase breast milk in rheumatic women.
- Lac caninum – Addresses issues of milk production and supply that switch from one side to the other.
- Phytolacca – For sore and cracked nipples which hurt when the mother nurses. The breast may become hard and lumpy and the mother can experience flu-like symptoms.
- Nitricum acidum– for bleeding and painful cracks
- Calcarea carb – The breast can be hot and swollen, however pale in colour. The mother can feel chilly and may even perspire even when chilly. There may be excessive production of watery milk, or the deficiency of it.
- Belladonna – The first signs of mastitis. During this phase, the mother can feel a throbbing sensation, and may feel hot. Very intense and sudden onset can be observed along with pain and extreme tenderness in the breast, especially worse on the right side.
- Pulsatilla – In this case, the breast milk can be watery. The milk supply may be suppressed, or the mother may be over producing milk- sometimes the supply is erratic (not constant, is fluctuating). In such a scenario, the mother can become depressed and tearful. She may cry while breastfeeding and need a lot of support and company.
When choosing a remedy, the mother should be checked thoroughly for any discoloration, visible swelling or anything unusual about the nipples or the milk supply so that the right treatment can be administered.
Benefits of homeopathy-
- Safe for people of all ages
- Strengthen the immunity system and cures diseases from the root
- Helps body treat the disease by itself
- Zero side effects
NewsGram is a Chicago-based non-profit media organization. We depend upon support from our readers to maintain our objective reporting. Show your support by Donating to NewsGram. Donations to NewsGram are tax-exempt.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 NewsGram