Whether it’s spread on toast or used as topping on a yogurt or as a natural sweetener in herbal tea – honey is used in various forms. The sweet nectar is also helpful in beautifying and healing the body if used in the right way.
Rich in minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphate, sodium chlorine, potassium and magnesium, raw honey can help in softening skin and repairing damaged hair. No wonder celebrities like Scarlett Johansson swear by honey products, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Here are some tried and tested benefits of honey and tips on how to buy the best quality honey:
* Save dry skin: Honey is a fantastic moisturiser and works wonders on patches of dry skin. Use it to soften up those knees and elbows, and it will even work wonders on chapped lips. Just rub on some honey, leave it to work on your skin for up to 30 minutes, and then wash off.
* Boost your energy: Forget your coffee fix and ditch the energy drinks. It’s time to say goodbye to the sugar high that so quickly leads to an energy crash and burn. For a natural energy boost, use honey in place of sugars and sweeteners in your tea, baking and cooking. You’ll soon notice the difference in your energy levels.
* Rescue damaged hair: Looking for a naturally moisturizing conditioner? Honey provides a moisturizing hair and scalp cleanser that leaves locks silky smooth without stripping them of natural oils. Simply add a teaspoonful to your usual shampoo to soften your hair, or combine with olive oil for a deep conditioning treatment – leave to work on damaged locks for 20 minutes before shampooing out.
* Pamper and relax: When it’s time to soak in the tub after a hard day, give your body an added treat by pouring in a few drops of raw honey. The honey helps to soothe tired muscles and moisturise your skin, while adding other essential oils like lavender oil will help you relax even more.
* Cure a hangover: Overindulged a little last night? Never mind, honey is here! A few tablespoons of fructose-packed honey – fructose is nature’s natural sweetener – will help speed up your body’s metabolism of alcohol.
* For a fabulous facial: There’s no need to splash out on expensive spa facials when you have some honey in the cupboard. Give your skin the benefit of honey’s powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and ultra-moisturizing properties and use it as a face mask. You can use it alone (around two table spoon) or combined with two teaspoons of milk – just cover your face, let the skin soak up its natural goodness for 10 minutes, then rinse off. For a naturally exfoliating facial, just add some sugar to create a moisturising scrub. (Bollywood Country)
Copyright 2018 NewsGram