This day of Navratri is dedicated to ‘Maa Kushmanda’. Devotees on this day enchant mantras and offer red flowers to Maa Kushmanda and wish for good health and prosperity in life.
Maa Kushmanda is also known as Ashtabhuja Devi, which means she has eight hands. In her figurine, she can be seen holding Kalash, chakra, gada, kamandal, rosary, lotus, bow and arrow. It is believed that all the power to bestow Siddhis and Niddhis are located in her Jap Mala.
Maa Kushmanda is also named as ‘Adi Shakti’. It is believed that Goddess Kushmanda is the one who governs the sun. Goddess Kushmanda resides at the core of the Sun and provides energy. She rides a lion.
Devotees should chant this mantra for 108 times on the fourth day of Navratri :
Suraasampoornam Kalasham Rudhiraaplutamev Cha | Dahdana Hastpadmaabhyaam Kushmanda Shubhdaastu Me ||
Which means, May Maa Kushmanda who holds two pitchers full of Madira and Blood in her lotus hands, be propitious to me.
Look best this festive season with looks that can steal the show.
Suyash Singh, Regional makeup corporate trainer, VLCC and Hair and make up expert Aashmeen Munjaal of Star Salon suggest a few looks you can ace this festive season.
* Strobing: For a young, fresh, and ultra-luminous look, strobing is a great technique that is slowly becoming a new way to wear makeup. It is a technique that involves illuminating strategic spots on the face to give the skin a bright and healthy look. Strobing is slowly gaining popularity among people who prefer the more natural look to heavy contouring.
* Monochrome eyes: Monochrome is all about using single shades like beige, brown, pink and the latest in trend being peach. Use a single shade with smudge liner and smudge kajal along with mascara to complete a perfect monochrome look this season.
* Cat-eyes and bright eyes: When it comes to eye makeup, bright eye and cat-eye look is the perfect way to go this festive season. Dab a touch of shimmer or matt while thick black liner finishes the eye makeup.
* Hair: Different types of curls are in trend like beach waves, soft curls etc but curls should be done according to the weather because humidity might spoil your curls and look very shabby. Hair braids, messy buns, high pony and low buns look more festive.
* Lips: Glossy or matt – anyone can go quite flexible this festive season. Ombre lip colour is another hot trend this season. Ombre lips are when you use two shades of lipstick and one shade transitions into the second shade seamlessly. They do not just look gorgeous, but are also easy to attain. Just seize some dark colour on the corner of your lips and fill in the rest with a lighter shade and you are done!