Saturday December 7, 2019
Home Lead Story OPPO Plans to...

OPPO Plans to Bring 5G Smartphone Devices in India Soon

OPPO also aims to double the capacity to 100 million smartphones by next year

0
//
OPPO
OPPO Chief 5G Scientist at the Qualcomm 5G Summit 2019 in Barcelona said that the new device will be powered by Qualcomm's dual-mode 5G mobile platform and support both standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) networks. Pixabay

Chinese smartphone manufacturer OPPO that showcased its Reno 5G smartphone in partnership with Qualcomm and Jio at the India Mobile Congress (IMC) is all set to bring it to the country soon, a top company executive said on Friday.

The smartphone manufacturer which registered 11.8 per cent market share in third quarter (Q3) in the country, is looking for a suitable time to introduce 5G products in the Indian market, said Sumit Walia, VP, Product and Marketing, OPPO India.

“We believe in bringing next-level technology in India at par with global. We have started working on 5G at our Hyderabad research and development centre and are significantly working on commercialising 5G devices. Right now, we are scanning the telecom landscape to examine how things will move forward. We are looking for a suitable opportunity and time to introduce 5G products in the India market,” Walia told IANS.

OPPO last month unveiled plans to launch a dual-mode 5G smartphone soon. Announced by Henry Tang, OPPO’s Chief 5G Scientist at the Qualcomm 5G Summit 2019 in Barcelona, the new device will be powered by Qualcomm’s dual-mode 5G mobile platform and support both standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) networks.

By September, OPPO filed applications for over 2,500 global patent families and declared more than 1,000 families of 5G Standard Essential Patents to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI).

With clocking double-digit market share in Q3, the company is looking forward to increase its market share in 2020 with targeting $300-$500 smartphone segment in India.

OPPO
Chinese smartphone manufacturer OPPO that showcased its Reno 5G smartphone in partnership with Qualcomm and Jio at the India Mobile Congress (IMC) is all set to bring it to the country soon. Pixabay

“In 2020, we are focusing primarily on $300-$500 smartphone segment. The company is looking to invest more in this segment. For this, we are aiming to launch premium smartphones and update the Reno series,” said the company executive.

For OPPO, India has been a very strategic market.

ALSO READ: Risk Of Irregular Heartbeat in Taller People

There is an ongoing investment of Rs 2,200 crore in the country and the company is currently manufacturing 50 million smartphones in a year at its Greater Noida factory.

OPPO aims to double the capacity to 100 million smartphones by next year, said Walia. (IANS)

Next Story

Apple Plans to Unveil “Completely Wireless” iPhone

Furthermore, a note also mentions the five new phones that Apple will release in the year 2020

0
Apple
Recently, the J.P. Morgan report claimed that in 2021, Apple could change how it releases iPhones. The iPhone maker could decide to release phones twice a year, instead of the single release in the fall. Pixabay

Noted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has revealed that Apple is planning to launch a “completely wireless” iPhone in 2021, suggesting that the iPhone maker is not switching to USB-C, but rather dropping the port entirely.

“Apple will create more differentiation between the highest-end and high-end models. It will benefit the shipment of the highest-end model and iPhone ASP. Among new 2H21 iPhone models, we expect that the highest-end model would cancel the [Lightning] port and provide the completely wireless experience,” Kuo said in a research note, MacRumors reported recently.

Furthermore, the note also mentions the five new phones that Apple will release in the year 2020.

One 6.7-inch high-end iPhone, two 6.1-inch iPhones and one entry-level 5.4-inch iPhone, each of which would also have support for Sub-6GHz and/or mmWave 5G.

Apple
Noted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has revealed that Apple is planning to launch a “completely wireless” iPhone in 2021, suggesting that the iPhone maker is not switching to USB-C, but rather dropping the port entirely. Pixabay

Kuo also expects a new iPhone SE to be coming sometime in the first half of 2020. It is expected to have a 4.7-inch display and mimic the size and design of the iPhone 8 with updated internals, and an updated single camera.

ALSO READ: Kids Born Through C-Section At Low Obesity Risk

Recently, the J.P. Morgan report claimed that in 2021, Apple could change how it releases iPhones. The iPhone maker could decide to release phones twice a year, instead of the single release in the fall. (IANS)