Saturday November 17, 2018
Home India Pakistan asks...

Pakistan asks India for more evidence regarding 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks

Lakhvi, who is living at an undisclosed location in Pakistan, was released from jail on bail last year, in 2015

3
//
Mumbai Terror Attack. Image source: scarletpensieve.blogspot.com
Republish
Reprint
  • Pakistan had arrested seven Lashkar-e-Toiba linked terrorists
  • Lakhvi, who is living in Pakistan, was released from jail on bail last year
  • India has been urging Pakistan to complete the trial at the earliest, but Pakistan asks for more evidence

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Thursday, June 30, demanded more evidence from India on the 26/11Mumbai terror attacks in order to bring the case to its “logical end”, the Foreign Office spokesperson said here.

“Foreign Secretary Aizaz Chaudhry has written a letter to concerned authorities across the border and has demanded further details regarding the evidence linking Pakistan to the attacks,” spokesperson Nafees Zakaria said, adding that “Islamabad would bring the Mumbai attacks case to its logical end.”

Zakaria said the response from the Indian side is still awaited. But the spokesperson did not elaborate when exactly the letter was written.

Pakistan had arrested seven Lashkar-e-Toiba linked terrorists, including presumed mastermind of the 26/11 attacks Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, for their role in the 2008 attacks in which 166 people were killed and over 350 injured.

Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @NewsGram1

Lakhvi, who is living at an undisclosed location in Pakistan, was released from jail on bail last year. The other six suspects are lodged in a Rawalpindi jail.

India has been urging Pakistan to complete the trial at the earliest. It has said that enough evidence has been shared with Islamabad to prosecute the accused.

Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi. Image source: www.ndtv.com
Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi. Image source: www.ndtv.com

However, Pakistani officials say India has not provided enough evidence needed to successfully complete the trial.

Responding to Indian Prime Ministers Narendra Modi’s interview to the TimesNow news channel, Zakariya said the civil and military leadership of Pakistan were on the same page.

“The Pakistani nation feels proud of its armed forces.”

Follow NewsGram on facebook: NewsGram

Modi in his interview to the TV news channel earlier this week asserted that there were different types of forces operating in Pakistan and it was difficult to ascertain whom to engage in dialogue.

Meanwhile, the Foreign Office spokesperson said that the only way to resolve tensions between India and Pakistan was through dialogue. He stated that Islamabad was ready to hold dialogue with New Delhi.

“It has been said many times earlier that peace talks is the only way forward for relations between Pakistan and India,” he said. (IANS)

ALSO READ:

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

  • Aparna Gupta

    This is terrible. We have already sent them enough proofs and now the want more as to bring it to so called ‘logical end’.

  • AJ Krish

    Despite providing so much evidence, Pakistan has made their stand clear. They won’t fight terrorism, they will protect it!

  • Vrushali Mahajan

    Even the smallest of evidence should be enough to punish such people. Pakistan shouldn’t ask for what is not required.

SHARE
  • Aparna Gupta

    This is terrible. We have already sent them enough proofs and now the want more as to bring it to so called ‘logical end’.

  • AJ Krish

    Despite providing so much evidence, Pakistan has made their stand clear. They won’t fight terrorism, they will protect it!

  • Vrushali Mahajan

    Even the smallest of evidence should be enough to punish such people. Pakistan shouldn’t ask for what is not required.

Next Story

Xiaomi Drops Down Smartphone Prices in India

This is the first time when the smartphone market is at par with the feature phone market, each contributing 50 per cent to the overall mobile phone market

0
Xiaomi
Xiaomi cuts prices of 5 smartphones in India.

Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi on Friday announced that it was permanently cutting the prices of five of its handsets in India, a day after the International Data Corporation (IDC) declared that the company was the market leader in the third quarter of 2018 in the country.

“We are delighted to share that we have seen a reduction in component costs of some of our best-selling phones. We were announced as the number one smartphone vendor in India for the fifth consecutive quarter, as per IDC Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.

“As a celebration of that, Xiaomi is announcing price cut for five smartphones,” the company said in a statement.

Xiaomi
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi on Friday announced that it was permanently cutting the prices of five of its handsets in India.

The 4GB+64GB variants of Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi A2 and Redmi Y2 are now available for Rs 13,999, Rs 15,999 and Rs 11, 999, respectively while the prices of 6GB+128GB variants of Redmi Note 5 Pro and Mi A2 have dropped to Rs 15,999 and Rs 18,999, respectively.

According to the IDC report, the Chinese handset maker shipped 11.7 million units and became the top brand in the Indian market with 27.3 per cent share in the third quarter this year.

Also Read- Actress Anushka Sharma Promotes Tiger Conservation

This is the first time when the smartphone market is at par with the feature phone market, each contributing 50 per cent to the overall mobile phone market. (IANS)