- Praja Foundation assesses the performance of the government every year
- The government performance for AAP has revealed the reality of the situation in Delhi this year, as per report released on Aug 22, 2017
- The AAP legislators ranking has gone down while BJP members have improved from last year
August 23, 2017: The Praja Foundation, which gives a performance report of the government every year, presented a detailed report of the performance of the Delhi government in the year 2017.
The Praja Foundation had reported on the performance of the Delhi government last year even when there was a lot of attacks on the party. This year too it has issued ranking based on the performance of the legislators.
The Highlights from the Report released on Aug 22, 2017:
– The quality of the work of the MLAs from AAP has drastically dropped down.
– Criminal legislators increased, more than half the legislators are tainted. The number of criminal legislators is now 39 (56 percent). Last year, this number was 14.
– Surprisingly, it is not only lawsuits but also charge sheet that has been filed against 25 of the 70 MLAs.
– In 2016 sessions, BJP legislator Vijender Gupta asked 98 questions for the most. After that, the second was also the name of Jagdish Pradhan of BJP. He asked a total of 81 questions. At the third place was AAP minister Alka Lamba who asked 49 questions. Compared to last year, AAP asked fewer questions this year.
– This year, the performance of BJP MLAs was better than AAP. 7 MLAs of Aam Aadmi Party did not ask a single question in the 2017 session. While two legislators Raghubinder Shukin and Mo Ishrak did not ask a single question in 2016 and 2017.
– Record number of complaints in Delhi Jal Board (DJB): It is not that complaints did not come. In 2016, the highest number of complaints were related to waterboard (Jal Board). There were 2,27,444 water complaints. Only 40 questions related to water were asked. After that, the PWD department received the most complaints. 19,152 complaints were of the drain, sewer drainage, while only 5 questions were asked. In 2016, there were 11,099 complaints related to mosquitoes and fogs. At the same time, the question was asked just 2 times.
– With the functioning of the legislators, the opinion of the people of Delhi was also asked and on the same basis, the MLAs were given the rank. It was told that the Hansa agency from 24,000 people of Delhi asked questions and got ranking on the functioning of the legislators. On the basis of work and public opinion, the Aam Aadmi Party MLAs were given the rank.
– AAP’s Mohinder Goyal was elected the best legislator. He got the first place as out of 100, he got 75.4.
– Who were the bad performers? Ram Pahalwan got the lowest at just 27.26 while Rituraj Govind was second and Dinesh Mohania was third.
– Prepared by Saksham Narula of NewsGram. Twitter: @Saksham2394
Copyright 2017 NewsGram