Haryana, August 28, 2017: Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s quantum of punishment for his conviction in rape will be pronounced today. As Dera Sacha Sauda followers tore down the city when he was pronounced guilty, here are ten things to know about today’s historic announcement.
1. The Special Court for the decision of punishment is set up in Rohtak’s Sunaria where the convict will be brought.
2. On Monday, Jagdeep Singh who is the same CBI Special Court Judge to find Gurmeet Rahim guilty, arrived in Rohtak by air today at 2:30 pm. The hearing to last for 1.5 hours.
3. Haryana Police along with paramilitary forces have established multi layered security around Rohtak. The army, until further orders, is on standby. 10 km around the prison premises no movement of individuals is allowed.
4. Shoot at sight is to be issued immediately if “anti-social elements” are spotted, said Rohtak DC Atul Kumar.
5. Section 144 is implemented in Rohtak, while Curfew is in the process in Sirsa. Punjab, too, is on high security. As a preventive measure, local residents are asked to stay indoors.
6. Manohar Lal Khattar, Haryana CM, and his official residence are also tightly secured ahead of the hearing.
7. Mobile and Internet services remain shut in Haryana and Punjab. Schools are officially shut for today as well.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 NewsGram