Haryana, August 28, 2017: Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s quantum of punishment for his conviction in rape will be pronounced today. As Dera Sacha Sauda followers tore down the city when he was pronounced guilty, here are ten things to know about today’s historic announcement.
1. The Special Court for the decision of punishment is set up in Rohtak’s Sunaria where the convict will be brought.
2. On Monday, Jagdeep Singh who is the same CBI Special Court Judge to find Gurmeet Rahim guilty, arrived in Rohtak by air today at 2:30 pm. The hearing to last for 1.5 hours.
3. Haryana Police along with paramilitary forces have established multi layered security around Rohtak. The army, until further orders, is on standby. 10 km around the prison premises no movement of individuals is allowed.
4. Shoot at sight is to be issued immediately if “anti-social elements” are spotted, said Rohtak DC Atul Kumar.
5. Section 144 is implemented in Rohtak, while Curfew is in the process in Sirsa. Punjab, too, is on high security. As a preventive measure, local residents are asked to stay indoors.
6. Manohar Lal Khattar, Haryana CM, and his official residence are also tightly secured ahead of the hearing.
7. Mobile and Internet services remain shut in Haryana and Punjab. Schools are officially shut for today as well.
Arvind Kejriwal apologised to Bikram Singh Majithia
BJP leader says that this apology established himself
BJP also alleged that Kejriwal did nothing while state aced so many problems
A day after Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal apologised to former Punjab Minister Bikram Singh Majithia for alleging that he was involved in the drug trade, the BJP Delhi unit on Friday said he has exposed himself as a “liar”.
The BJP also alleged that he was doing nothing even while the people of the national capital were facing a number of issues due to sealing.
Addressing a press conference here, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Delhi unit President Manoj Tiwari said: ” What we have been saying for long has been proved today. He is a liar. He has apologised to Majithia for making false allegations against him.”
“He is on his way to apologise to (Union Finance Minister) Arun Jaitley ji and (Union Transport Minister) Nitin Gadkari ji for making false allegations,” the BJP leader said. Kejriwal is facing defamation cases in court for levelling allegations against Jaitley and Gadkari.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief on Thursday apologised to the Shiromani Akali Dal leader in Punjab for making allegations of involvement in the drug trade, following which the latter said that he will withdraw a defamation suit filed in an Amristar court.
Tiwari, who represents the northeast Delhi constituency in the Lok Sabha, accused Kejriwal of misleading the people over the ongoing sealing drive in the national capital.
BJP MLA Vijender Gupta accused the AAP chief of only rendering “lip service” on the sealing drive and urged the Chief Minister to hold an all-party meeting with the Supreme Court-appointed Monitoring committee overseeing the drive.
“Since December last, Kejriwal is only doing lip service on the issue of sealing drive. He has done nothing to stop it,” Gupta, the Leader of Opposition in the Delhi Assembly, said.
He said that though Lt Governor Anil Baijal cleared the file for notifying 351 roads in the capital on February 8, the matter is still pending. “Why hasn’t he (Kejriwal) notified the 351 roads in the last 45 days?” Gupta asked.
He also accused Kejriwal of hatching a conspiracy to mislead people by playing the emotional card of apology. Gupta warned the Monitoring Committee members not to act outside the law and said: “If the monitoring committee acts against law, then the BJP will oppose it.”
“We are going to inform the three municipal corporations of Delhi not to follow the commands of the Monitoring Committee if it goes against the law,” he said. “The MCDs should approach the court and also make Kejriwal a party,” the BJP leader added. IANS