Sunday December 8, 2019
Home Business Realme Aims t...

Realme Aims to Become Top Online Smartphone Player in India During Festive Quarter

According to the firm, it is also investing in offers worth Rs 300 crore for its prospective buyers in the upcoming festive seaon

0
//
Realme, Online, Smartphone
Surface-mount technology or SMT is a method for producing electronic circuits wherein the components are mounted or placed directly onto the surface of printed circuit boards (PCBs). Pixabay

Armed with a quad camera-system smartphone in every price segment along with an investment worth Rs 300 crore for its surface-mount technology (SMT) lines, Chinese handset maker Realme aims to become the top online smartphone player in India during the festive quarter, the company’s India CEO said on Friday.

“We have just invested Rs 300 crore towards eight new SMT lines this quarter for Diwali season to make sure that this festive season people keep getting unprecedented supply of stocks,” Madhav Sheth, Chief Executive Officer, Realme India, told IANS.

Surface-mount technology or SMT is a method for producing electronic circuits wherein the components are mounted or placed directly onto the surface of printed circuit boards (PCBs).

According to the firm, it is also investing in offers worth Rs 300 crore for its prospective buyers in the upcoming festive seaon.

Realme, Online, Smartphone
Armed with a quad camera-system smartphone in every price segment along with an investment worth Rs 300 crore for its surface-mount technology (SMT) lines, Chinese handset maker Realme aims. Pixabay

“We are also the only brand offering quad-cam phones under Rs 20,000 in India,” noted Sheth.

Realme currently shares a facility with its parent company OPPO in Greater Noida and will continue to share the same facility for manufacturing its upcoming portfolio of handsets.

“With the new SMT lines, our current manufacturing capacity which is 1-1.2 million devices a month will more than triple to 3-3.5 million,” Sheth told IANS.

Almost two-third of the online sales during this festive season is likely to be driven by Realme and Xiaomi, according to Tarun Pathak, Associate Director, Counterpoint Research.

Also Read- BCCI’s Resemblance to Popular Western Movie “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”

“They have a good momentum which is likely to continue. Last year’s festive season was a record quarter for India. This year too, we’re anticipating that the online channel would do well in the festive season. Brands that are doing well online like Realme would drive the online festive sales,” Pathak told IANS.

The Shenzhen headquartered handset maker became the second-largest player in the online segment, driven by a strong online push and good performance of its affordable series — Realme C2, Realme 3, and Realme 3 Pro, according to Counterpoint Research’s Q2 report.

“They are covering the price tiers fast… The online segment is growing so I think they are at the right place at the right time,” noted Pathak.

The handset maker currently has a retail presence in cities including Mumbai, Hyderabad, Surat, Ludhiana and Chandigarh, and is also expanding footprint to meet the growing demands of customers.

Realme, Online, Smartphone
We have just invested Rs 300 crore towards eight new SMT lines this quarter for Diwali season to make sure that this festive season people keep getting unprecedented supply of stocks. Pixabay

The company launched its first smartphone with 64MP camera — the Realme XT — in India last week.

Also Read- Sub-Saharan Africa Lags Behind All Other Regions in World in Reducing Child and Maternal Mortality

The phone comes in three storage variants — 4GB+64GB, 6GB+64GB, and 8GB+128GB — priced at Rs 15,999, Rs 16,999 and Rs 18,999, respectively. (IANS)

Next Story

Apple Plans to Unveil “Completely Wireless” iPhone

Furthermore, a note also mentions the five new phones that Apple will release in the year 2020

0
Apple
Recently, the J.P. Morgan report claimed that in 2021, Apple could change how it releases iPhones. The iPhone maker could decide to release phones twice a year, instead of the single release in the fall. Pixabay

Noted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has revealed that Apple is planning to launch a “completely wireless” iPhone in 2021, suggesting that the iPhone maker is not switching to USB-C, but rather dropping the port entirely.

“Apple will create more differentiation between the highest-end and high-end models. It will benefit the shipment of the highest-end model and iPhone ASP. Among new 2H21 iPhone models, we expect that the highest-end model would cancel the [Lightning] port and provide the completely wireless experience,” Kuo said in a research note, MacRumors reported recently.

Furthermore, the note also mentions the five new phones that Apple will release in the year 2020.

One 6.7-inch high-end iPhone, two 6.1-inch iPhones and one entry-level 5.4-inch iPhone, each of which would also have support for Sub-6GHz and/or mmWave 5G.

Apple
Noted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has revealed that Apple is planning to launch a “completely wireless” iPhone in 2021, suggesting that the iPhone maker is not switching to USB-C, but rather dropping the port entirely. Pixabay

Kuo also expects a new iPhone SE to be coming sometime in the first half of 2020. It is expected to have a 4.7-inch display and mimic the size and design of the iPhone 8 with updated internals, and an updated single camera.

ALSO READ: Kids Born Through C-Section At Low Obesity Risk

Recently, the J.P. Morgan report claimed that in 2021, Apple could change how it releases iPhones. The iPhone maker could decide to release phones twice a year, instead of the single release in the fall. (IANS)