Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Researchers have discovered two genes that make some strains of harmful bacteria resistant to treatment by copper, which is a powerful and frequently used antibacterial agent, says a new study.
The discovery showed that Staphyloccocus aureus bacteria, which is highly resistant to antibiotics, can acquire additional genes that promote infections and antibacterial resistance and may open new paths for the development of antibacterial drugs.
Please Follow NewsGram on Facebook To Get Latest Updates!
The study, conducted by the Rutgers University in the US, showed the two genes, named copB and copL, in some strains of S. aureus bacteria protect the germs from copper.
The genes may promote the survival of S. aureus in settings, such as in hospitals, that could lead to infections or they may lead to S. aureus strains with higher copper resistance.
Recently, hospitals began using it against bacteria found on medical instruments and other surfaces. It has also been used for thousands of years to sterilise wounds and drinking water.
But the two newly discovered genes encode proteins that help remove copper from S. aureus cells and prevent it from entering.
Also Read- Novel Approach to Treat Cancer Cells
The findings, published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, revealed that some strains of S. aureus have newly acquired genes embedded in their genome in pieces of DNA called transposons.
Transposons aid in the spread of genes that can give rise to bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics and more likely to cause disease. The newly discovered genes are encoded within a transposon, said the study. (IANS)
Online slot games are rapidly growing in popularity today. For casino players, there is no better time to get on the Internet and enjoy their favorite games.
From movie themed slot games to retro themed games, the variety in online slots is beyond any we have seen.
Are you a big fan of music? Do you like playing games themed after iconic musicians? Or maybe you like a great soundtrack when playing? There is plenty of that too.
Music themed slots are very popular for a number of reasons.
Follow NewsGram on Instagram to keep yourself updated.
For some, it is that the theme is familiar to them. Playing the game allows the gambler to revisit every moment of a particular song. From the symbols on the machines to bonuses and free spins, every component of the game is based on a particular musician, music era or album.
Moreover, players can see every note and every significant musician come to life in the game. The soundtrack will be from the musician or a specific album.
And players get to enjoy their favorite game as well as their favorite tunes.
The end result? Players double their enjoyment and rewards.
Keep reading as we take a look at the most exciting music themed slots to play.
This remains one of the most popular music based online slot games around right now. It is, of course, based on the legendary rock band of the same name.
Players are immersed in the band's music from the get-go. This is because Sweet Child O'Mine rings out as the introduction to the game.
You are then invited to create a 5 song playlist. Your options include some of the most memorable songs like Paradise City or Welcome to the Jungle.
Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan are the high paying symbols.
Also Read: How Fast Payout Casino Works
The game features outstanding audio quality as well as graphics. Players enjoy a range of special features like crowd pleaser bonuses, solo multipliers, encore spins and much more.
The RTP is also fairly high at 96.98% and is definitely one for fans of Guns N'Roses.
Love karaoke? This one's for you.
With a catchy, upbeat tune, this video slot will have you humming about when playing. There is a wide variety of songs.
The party can function as a wild multiplier. Moreover, the gaming slot will have nine selectable pay lines and five reels.
For casino players, there is no better time to get on the Internet and enjoy their favorite games.Unsplash
Motorhead is a strong contender for the best music themed slot game.
This is solely due to its use of Ace of Spades as the focal point of the game. This is easily the most casino-centric song one could use. Additionally, the song is well integrated into the slot game.
The band is highlighted many times through your playing experience which is also nice and seamless.
The gameplay is exciting too. Thanks to bonuses, wild and much more, Motorhead is definitely worth checking out.
Michael Jackson King of Pop
The operator behind this slot game, SG Interactive, has done a stellar job with this one. As the name suggests, it is dedicated to Michael Jackson and is overall a great video slot experience.
Throughout your gaming experience, Michael Jackson's biggest songs will continue to play in the background.
Music lovers will surely not pass up the opportunity to play a Jimi Hendrix themed slot game. He is considered the finest guitar player the world has ever seen.
Jimi Hendrix is used well here, and the game overall is interesting too. Players will find plenty of free spins, wilds and more. Additionally, an enticing RTP keeps things exciting.
There is a stunning soundtrack and plenty of Jimi Hendrix's best songs. These include Voodoo Child and Foxy Lady among many others.
Music aficionados are guaranteed to have a great time with this slot game.
This is a branded slot that beautifully blends its rock band inspiration with a great slot gaming experience.
It also has a unique setup that can create 100 pay lines. Moreover, the expanded and stacked symbols give players the chance to win multiple lines.
Any music list would not be right without a reference to the King of Rock n' Roll.
Elvis Lives is not your average video gaming slot. This one has 60 different ways you can win. There's plenty of variation and you are unlikely to be bored anytime soon.
An Elvis reel makes giant symbols appear on some spins. This ends up adding another unique dimension of fun to the game.
The Rat Pack
This slot game has a very unique take on slot gaming. It has a different and quirky integration of the music theme.
How so? Well, there are rodent musicians on the reels!
Do you ever wish you were in the shoes of a world-famous DJ? You can with this game.
The intro video to this game will show you touching down in Miami. It will then move to an arena with partygoers pouring in to listen to you.
Spin the reels and get your party started!
Online slot games have come a long way since the early beginnings. They were once a boring, outdated and laggy mess.
Today though, there are many enticing bonuses paired with niche, unique themes. Additionally, fans of music are no longer left out. With your favorite music in the background, your morale is also boosted and will see a rise in winning opportunities.
Disclaimer: (This article is sponsored and includes some commercial links)
- Here Are The Pros of Live Casino Games - NewsGram - Lens to ... ›
- Casino Games: The Wunderino Casino - NewsGram - Lens to India ... ›
By- Monika Rao
The English Portion of CBSE Class 11 is thought to be the most scoring section, yet it is also a subject that many pupils fear. Students in class 11 English are in difficulty since they are unable to obtain excellent grades in this subject. As a result, we're glad to bring some study tips to assist you to prepare for the CBSE Class 11 English exam.
English is one of the most significant and important languages in any CBSE Class 11 curriculum. As a result, all pupils are required to sit for the CBSE Class 11 English examination. There is no shortcut to achieving excellent grades; students must attempt the paper in the best possible manner in order to get the desired results.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook to stay updated.
The reading, writing, grammar, and literature parts of the English question paper for class 11 are separated into four divisions. Here are some significant and effective study tips for the CBSE Class 11 English exam to help you improve your exam preparation and score higher. Don't forget to use the NCERT Class 11 English Book PDF to help you prepare for your exams. The goal of these study tips is to assist you in successfully completing the English subject paper and achieving good exam results.
Students should practice using a pen and paper to help them concentrate and recall information for extended periods.Unsplash
- Collect relevant materials: Before you begin studying, make sure you have all of the necessary materials, such as class notes, exam papers, and so on. Obtain prior year's question papers from a senior. The notes from class should give you a good understanding of your teacher's thinking. Teachers in most schools regularly ask the same questions they did in the previous year's examination. You could receive some exact questions from past year's question papers if you're lucky.
- Make a logical schedule: Calculate how much time you have till the examination and split it wisely to cover all of the topics. First, go through the things you've already covered. However, reading comprehension and grammar are given greater weight in the CBSE Class 11 English Exam. As a result, knowing fundamental grammar principles and being able to create grammatically accurate answers are also required when responding to such questions.
- Avoid distractions and stick to your schedule: Ninety percent of pupils experience this. They spend a lot of time establishing timetables and plans, yet the majority of them fail to stick to them. The majority of students spend their valuable time on their phones, WhatsApp, television, and other such sources of distraction. So, before you begin studying, lock yourself in a room, turn off your phones, and prepare as if your life relies on making the most of the time you have.
- Examine your competence by completing several practice papers: It is the most crucial aspect of any exam preparation. Most students avoid solving papers before an exam, however, this is a bad habit to have. A student should practice previous years' English question papers for at least 1 to 2 hours during the last month before the exam.
- Make Use of Appropriate Vocabulary: When writing an essay or a letter, it is usually preferable to employ everyday common terms as part of your answer. Remember that choosing a flowery word ambiguously will only earn you a bad grade and no appreciation from the examiner. The examiner will only give you points for using words correctly and in a way that makes sense.
- Style: Make your answer content look new and unique to get the examiner's interest. When creating content for essays and letters, always use a different style. The style does not have to incorporate new words or phrases, but it must capture the examiner's attention.
- Keep your focus on the topic while answer writing: Students can deviate from the intended topic in their eagerness or as a consequence of a lack of words and ideas, adding extraneous details that cause the content to read out of focus. This makes it more difficult for the examiner to maintain attention in the rest of the answer booklet. As a result, make sure you stay on topic and only include arguments that are relevant and vital to the theme.
- Make use of textual quotation: When answering questions, a careful balance between quoting from the text and utilizing your own words is essential. If you quote too much, it may appear that you have just memorized the text rather than comprehending it. The easiest way to strike a balance is to quote from the text while also explaining it in your own words.
- Answer presentation that is neat and orderly: The manner you display your answers in Class 11 English examination has a big influence on how much of an impression you create on the examiner. Good handwriting, a methodical presentation, following procedures, utilizing correct forms, and beautifully written solutions- all impress the examiner and make him or her want to read the entire booklet again. As a result, make sure your work is as tidy as possible.
Finally, remember to memorize your chapters from NCERT Class 11 English textbooks and class notes to obtain a thorough understanding of each topic. Furthermore, students should practice using a pen and paper to help them concentrate and recall information for extended periods. Also, make sure that you sleep for the required number of hours before appearing for the Class 11 English exam. Take care of your mental and physical health throughout the year. If you diligently follow the tips and tricks given above, nothing can stop you from succeeding in Class 11 English examination.
To give your best shot in the CBSE Class 11 English exam, you don't need to study all night right before the exam. Instead, with the aid of NCERT Class 11 answers, you may invest an hour each day to easily achieve excellent marks in the examination. Following these study techniques religiously would undoubtedly aid you in achieving high exam results. Best wishes!
Disclaimer: (This article is sponsored and includes some commercial links)
By- Monika Rao
Those wishing to practice medicine in the nation must first take the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Candidates who pass the NEET exam have a better chance of getting into India's medical and dentistry institutions. When taking the NEET examination, it is critical for applicants to put their best foot forward. Follow the ideas below on how to prepare for NEET 2022 to assist students in their NEET preparation. The purpose of this guide is to provide applicants with crucial and efficient concepts and techniques for passing the forthcoming NEET examination. Don't forget to refer to NEET Subject and Chapter Wise Weightage, to have a clarity-driven NEET preparation.
Tips to Effectively Prepare for the NEET Exam
- Comprehend the challenging concepts: Mark out the topics in each chapter that you find challenging during studying. Spend extra time reviewing these topics and answering questions based on them. In the last days leading up to the exam, write down complicated formulas and read them over and over again for better retention and memorization.
- Make your own study styles: We all study in different ways. Some students prefer to learn using pictures and flowcharts, while others try to apply principles to real-life situations. To pass the NEET examination, choose whatever method works best for you. Here are a few techniques that we believe are really effective.
a) Create mnemonics to help you remember challenging topics and themes like organism categorization, scientific names for animals and plants, and so on.
For example, the Krebs cycle (citric acid cycle, tricarboxylic acid cycle) should be remembered in the following way- Citrate - Aconitate - Isocitrate - Oxalosuccinate - a-Ketoglutarate - Succinate - Fumarate - Malate - Oxaloacetate
For better retention, make catchy phrases that are easy to recall. Here are two popular phrases for remembering Kerb's Cycle.
With the help of this sentence- 'Caesar's Armies Invaded Other Kingdoms Searching For Many Oranges', you can immediately recall- 'Citric Acid Is One Key Substrate For Mitochondrial Oxidation. This strategy of learning will help you memorize and retain concepts in a fun way and will help you fetch more marks in the NEET exam.
Reduce the number of unnecessary distractions in your lifeUnsplash
b) Make mind maps of the chapter you just finished reading, trying to include as many details as possible. This will assist you in putting together a study plan.
- Concentrate on the NCERT curriculum: The NEET exam follows the NCERT curriculum and it features well-researched information, and they are used to answer a significant number of exam questions. Keep track of the paper pattern and the weighting of each chapter in your textbook to ensure that you've studied all of the key points.
- Practice with sample exams and question papers from past years: Examiners have been recognized to maintain a consistent degree of difficulty over the years of the NEET examination. Attempting questions from past years can give you an idea of what to predict for the exam and how well you could score. Mock tests are created at a little higher level than real tests. During the few days before the exam, use these to enhance your time management abilities.
- Examine your errors and get answers to your doubtful questions: Taking practice tests isn't enough, you must go back and identify where you went wrong, and either use reference books or your lecturers to explain those concepts. This will assist you in progressing and preventing you from repeating the same blunders.
- Reduce the number of unnecessary distractions in your life: In the days leading up to the exam, time management is crucial. Pick a stress-relieving activity and stay with it for the next several days. This will assist you in saying no to unnecessary contacts with peers and family, as well as any other types of amusement (Movies, Social Media, TV shows, etc.).
- Eat well and get adequate rest: You don't want to squander years of preparation by becoming unwell on exam day. Make sure you eat nutritious, home-cooked meals. Sleep is also essential because it allows your brain to rest. You will feel rejuvenated and perform better after a restful night's sleep.
What should you do if you're taking an exam?
- Start with your most difficult subject: This is advantageous from a strategic standpoint. You will gain confidence in yourself when you come to the more difficult questions if you start with your stronger topic. You will be more calm and patient when the going gets tough since you will know you did well in a certain portion of the NEET syllabus.
- Don't attempt it if you don't know the answer: If you don't know the answer to a question, go on to the next one to prevent losing marks unnecessarily. By not attempting to guess, you will save time. Furthermore, NEET carries a negative marking scheme and you will lose marks if your guessed answer is wrong.
- Maintain your composure during the exam: When you don't know the answer to a question during the exam, be cool and take a deep breath. Consider all of your preparation and all of the times you've excelled in tests, and convince yourself that today will be no different.
In conclusion, the NEET exam can be cleared if you make the NEET preparation simpler for you. There is no hidden secret to clear any competitive exam, all it takes to clear NEET is to start implementing everything that will help you clear the exam and stop doing things that will prevent you from acing the exam. Consistency and hard work are your best friends that will help you clear the exam. Believe in yourself and find your reason behind appearing in the NEET exam.
Follow these guidelines in the days leading up to the exam and until you exit the examination venue, don't lose hope; be confident in your capabilities and your preparation for the NEET exam. The efficiency of your learning process is determined by your mindset. It will not help you learn if you have a bad attitude and if you are constantly telling yourself that you can't do it. A pessimistic attitude will make things more difficult and when you begin to think positively, your brain will become more creative. You'll feel less nervous and more receptive to new ideas if you have the appropriate mentality. All the best to all the NEET exam candidates!
Keywords : NEET, examinations, preparation, study, students, India.