- India has a history of popular card games such as “Ganjifa”
- Rummy is the 3rd most popular card game in India, just after “Teen Patti” and Poker
- The game helps to enhance individual skills
June 28, 2017: Card games are all-time favorite indoor games. All of us have played cards at some point in our life and enjoyed the same. India is a country which has had a culture of playing cards as a source of entertainment for a long time and cards has been an integral part of most social and family gatherings where people get the opportunity to exhibit their skills to attain wealth. This culture has been rejuvenated with the latest 13 cards game of Indian Rummy.
The online presence of this game has had a great impact on our gaming life. The rules of the game vary across the regions but its popularity has been on an exponential growth since the game came online.
Here are a few interesting facts about this popular card game:
- The name ‘rummy’ may have its origins from the game ‘Rum Poker’ in the UK, where ‘rum’ stands for ‘odd’ or ‘peculiar’ gradually evolving into today’s “Rummy.
- The game is believed to have originated from the Spanish card game ‘Conquian’ played by the Royals in the 19th century. However, there are disputes about the game’s origins as some believe it to be a variation of French poker.
- The game is the 3rd most popular game in India just after “Teen Patti” and Poker.
- Being an intellectual game, Rummy not only provides the joy of winning but also helps you enhance your skills. Skills like memory power, adaptability, strategizing, prediction, risk management, fast and accurate observations etc. can be achieved easily through this game.
- Online Rummy has become so popular that thousands of users are logged in at any time and you can play it 24*7. You can access the gaming portals via your mobile, tablet or laptop.
- The different designs of certain cards make the game even more interesting. If you have a closer look, you will observe that the Jacks from each set will have a different hair style, some with a moustache and some without it. Similarly, the Queen of Diamonds is the only one who is smiling while the others have a stern or melancholic look. In the case of King, the weapons they hold vary between an axe and sword.
- The game is believed to have 20 variations across the different regions it is played. Then there are sub-variations as well. One can easily assume about 100 variations in this game.
These interesting facts about this popular Indian card game might have aroused your interest in the game if you are not a player already. Just login online and enjoy this refreshing game with your family and friends!
– by Nikita Tayal of NewsGram. Twitter: @NikitaTayal6
Copyright 2017 NewsGram