Thursday September 19, 2019
Home Lead Story Russia, US Ha...

Russia, US Have No Plans For Direct Contacts For Early 2019

Putin has repeatedly said that he is ready to meet Trump and discuss multiple issues on the bilateral and international agendas

0
//
Russia
Vladimir Putin, President of Russia. Wikimedia Commons

Russia and the US have not scheduled any direct contacts for the beginning of 2019 so far, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said.

“As for direct face-to-face meetings, no contacts are (planned) for the near future,” he was quoted by Tass news agency as saying on Saturday.

In November, following the cancellation of a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Donald Trump, the latter called off another previously scheduled meeting with his Russian counterpart on the sidelines of the Group of 20 in the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires.

Trump, U.S.
Russia, US plan no direct contacts for early 2019. VOA

Ryabkov noted that Moscow and Washington have continued working contacts through correspondence and embassies, such as a recent telephone conversation between the chief of Russia’s General Staff Valery Gerasimov and the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Joseph Dunford, Xinhua reported.

Also Read- BJP Lashes Out at BSP, SP Considering Them as Birds of Same Feather

Putin has repeatedly said that he is ready to meet Trump and discuss multiple issues on the bilateral and international agendas. (IANS)

Next Story

More than 3.3 Million Women in US had Unwanted and Forced First Sexual Intercourse Experience

The #MeToo movement has highlighted how frequently women experience sexual violence

0
Women, US, Sexual Intercourse
The study, published in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine, estimates that one in 16 US women had an unwanted first sexual intercourse experience that was physically forced or coerced. Pixabay

More than 3.3 million women in the US had unwanted and forced first sexual intercourse experience, a new study suggests.

The study, published in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine, estimates that one in 16 US women had an unwanted first sexual intercourse experience that was physically forced or coerced.

The #MeToo movement has highlighted how frequently women experience sexual violence. However, no recent studies have assessed the prevalence of forced sex during girls’ and women’s first sexual encounter or its health consequences.

In an analysis of nationally representative survey data of 13,310 women, 6.5 per cent of the respondents reported a forced first sexual intercourse encounter, which is equivalent to more than 3.3 million women between the ages of 18 and 44.

Women, US, Sexual Intercourse
More than 3.3 million women in the US had unwanted and forced first sexual intercourse experience, a new study suggests. Pixabay

The average age for women at the time of the forced encounter was 15-and-a-half compared with 17-and-a-half for those reporting a voluntary first sexual intercourse experience, according to researchers from Harvard University in the US.

The average age of the assailant at a first forced sexual intercourse was 27 as compared with the 21 of the partner in a voluntary first sexual experience, the study said.

According to the survey, women with a forced first sexual intercourse experience were more likely to have an unwanted first pregnancy or abortion, as well as other gynaecological and general health problems.

Also Read- Amazon Announces Launch of New Fulfilment Centre in Maharashtra

These findings could help doctors improve the medical care of women and girls and inform the development of public health policies aimed at reducing forced sexual initiation in the US, said the researchers. (IANS)