- Saphala Ekadasi is one of the most popular festivals observed in India
- Saphala Ekadasi is a propitious fasting day celebrated on the 11th day of the waning phase of moon also known as “Krishna Paksha”
- Saphala Ekadashi is celebrated during the month of ‘Paush’ as per the Hindu calendar
- According to the Gregorian calendar, Saphala Ekadashi is celebrated between the months of December to January
- Upcoming Saphala Ekadashi Date and Day: 13th December 2017, Wednesday
About Saphala Ekadashi: The word ‘Saphala’ in Hindi signifies ‘to thrive’ and hence this Ekadashi ought to be seen by any individual who wants achievement and satisfaction in every one of the fields of life. Saphala Ekadashi is along these lines a way to open the entryways of copious, achievement, thriving and fortune. It is praised with incredible energy and eagerness in every one of the edges of the nation. Enormous occasions are sorted out on this day in Lord Krishna sanctuaries as; He is a symbol of Lord Vishnu.
Significance of Saphala Ekadashi: The significance of Saphala Ekadashi is said as a discussion between Dharamraja Yudhisthira and Lord Krishna in the ‘Brahmanda Purana’. As indicated by the Hindu sacred texts, it is said that even 100 Rajasuya Yagas and 1000 Ashvamedha Yagas are not as advantageous as watching a holy quick upon the arrival of Saphala Ekadashi. The day of Saphala Ekadashi is sacrosanct to Hindus as it is trusted that by fasting earnestly on this day, the fans can wash away their wrongdoings and furthermore appreciate an ecstatic life. Ekadashi is a loved day that happens twice in each lunar Hindu month and is a day committed to worshipping the preserver of this Universe, who is none other than Lord Vishnu.
Saphala Ekadashi celebrations and rituals: Lord Vishnu is the primary idol of the Saphala Ekadashi. Vaishnavas love Lord Vishnu with dedicated hearts to summon His adoration and love. Offering Tulsi leaves to Lord Vishnu on this day is accepted to expel everyone of the wrongdoings of a person. Enthusiasts please Lord Vishnu by offering incense sticks, coconut, betel nut and other fragrant articles. Lighting of diyas amid the night will make it additionally fulfilling.
On Saphala Ekadashi, the devotees who maintain fast, ought not to rest the entire night. They share in different bhajans and kirtan programs in the respect of Lord Vishnu. Aficionados tune in to the popular stories of Lord Vishnu. Toward the end ‘aarti’ is done and later Prasad is circulated among relatives. On Saphala Ekadashi one must give cash, sustenance and different basics to the Brahmins and poor. While keeping the Saphala Ekadashi Vrat, just ‘Saatvik’ sustenance is eaten by the lovers. For individuals who are not proficient to keep the entire quick, can even quick watch halfway quick or quick for simply half day.
Important Timings of Saphala Ekadashi
- Sunrise: Dec, 07:09 AM
- Sunset: Dec, 17:43 PM
- Dwadashi End Moment: Dec, 06:06 AM
- Ekadashi Tithi Begins: Dec, 00:54 AM
- Ekadashi Tithi Ends: Dec, 03:32 AM
- Hari Vasara End Moment: Dec,10:10 AM
- Parana Time: Dec, 13:30 PM – 15:37 PM
Saphala Ekadashi festival dates between 2019 to 2024
- 2019: Sunday, 22nd of December
- 2021: Thursday, 30th of December
- 2022: Monday, 19th of December
- 2024: Thursday, 26th of December
Copyright 2017 NewsGram