United States, October 27: Space has always been a sense of infinite wonder for us. It is something that is mystifying, yet incites our intellectual spirit of curiosity and sense of stimulation. Believe it or not, you can send your name to Mars!
- While everyone desires to set foot on Mars, NASA has given out an opportunity to at least send your name to Mars.
- As a part of a mission to Mars, NASA is accepting names from the public to be engraved on minute silicon microchip that’s being sent into space with their latest Mars lander, InSight.
You have until November 1, 2017, to send your name to Mars and submit for the Insight mission. Also note that if you miss out this date, don’t get disheartened for you may send your name to Mars for Exploration Mission-1’s November 2018 launch. You can get your boarding pass now and share with your friends!
In 2014, NASA had sent 1.38 million names on board with Orion’s first test flight.
There’s also an option to invite friends after you send your name to Mars and earn frequent flier points reflecting your personal participation in NASA’s Mars exploration. You can also check your status with your boarding pass number and find your number in the frequent flier list.
What is the purpose of Mission to Mars?
InSight, for Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport, will launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, in May 2018 and land on Mars in Nov 2018. This is the first mission to mars dedicated to analyzing the deep interiors of Mars. It will help in finding the history of all rocky planets of the solar system, including Earth.
Mission to Mars Dates:
- Spacecraft Launch: May 5, 2018
- Spacecraft Landing: Nov. 26, 2018
- Surface operations: 728 days / 708 sols
- Last date send your name: Nov. 1, 2017
- To send your name: https://mars.nasa.gov/participate/send-your-name/insight/
-Prepared by Bhavana Rathi of NewsGram. Twitter @tweet_bhavana
Copyright 2017 NewsGram