Tuesday December 10, 2019
Home Uncategorized Sikh protest ...

Sikh protest continues over Granth Sahib’s desecration

0
//

Chandigarh: Sikh protesters continued to block roads in Punjab’s Malwa region on Sunday to protest against the desecration of Guru Granth Sahib, the holy scripture of Sikh religion.

The blockade, however, was reduced to one location in each district from Sunday instead of several locations.

Protest leaders said the road blockade would be from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM so that ordinary people, particularly motorists, do not suffer much inconvenience.

The protesters carried black flags and placards and brandished swords and sticks.

The blockade, in the past week, had affected life in Malwa region. The worst hit were Moga, Faridkot and Bathinda districts, police said.

The protests, called by radical Sikh groups, are against the desecration of the Guru Granth Sahib. The protesters want action against those involved in the desecration.

A ‘bir’ (holy book) was desecrated in Bargari village, 15 km from Kotkapura, leading to tension on October 12. Over 100 pages of the Sikh holy book were found scattered on a street near a gurdwara. The holy book had been stolen from a gurdwara in June.

At least two people were killed and nearly 70 injured, including police officials, on Wednesday in clashes between police and Sikhs near Kotkapura town in Faridkot district, 230 km from here.

The two victims are yet to be cremated.

In Amritsar, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday offered prayers at ‘Harmandar Sahib’, popularly known as Golden Temple, for peace and communal harmony.

Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Saturday visited the families of the two people killed in police firing.

(IANS)

Next Story

Google Removes ‘2020 Sikh Referendum’ App From Play Store

Punjab CM Amarinder Singh demanded Google to remove '2020 Sikh Referendum' app from [play store

0
Google
Google removes this Anti-India app from play store. Pixabay

Acceding to Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh’s demand, IT giant Google has removed the secessionist, anti-India mobile application ‘2020 Sikh Referendum’ from its Play Store, state officials said on Tuesday.

A spokesperson for the Chief Minister’s Office said this app was not available any more on Google Play Store for mobile users in India.

The Chief Minister, who had also urged the Central government to persuade Google in the matter, had asked the Director General of Police to coordinate with Central security agencies to tackle the threat resulting from the launch of the app, created by ‘ICETECH’.

The app had asked the general public to register themselves to vote in the ‘Punjab Referendum 2020 Khalistan’.

Google
The app was removed from Google Play Store and their website was blocked. Pixabay

A website with the address of www.yes2khalistan.org was also launched on the same lines for the same purpose.

The Cyber Crime Centre of the Bureau of Investigation of Punjab had moved to get the app removed from the Google Play Store and the website blocked for usage in India.

Also Read- Soups Can Help You Fight Malaria: Study

On November 8, a notice under Section 79 (3) B of the Information Technology Act was sent to the Google for removal of the mobile application, added the spokesperson. (IANS)