Saturday February 16, 2019
Home Uncategorized Six killed, o...

Six killed, over 40 injured in a blast in Pakistan’s Multan city

0
//
Pakistani police officers and local residents gather at the site of a bomb blast that targeted paramilitary soldiers in a commercial area in Quetta, Pakistan, killing at least 12 people and wounding more than 40 others, according to police, Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013. A series of bombings in different parts of Pakistan killed 115 people on Thursday in one of the deadliest days in the country in recent years. (AP Photo/Arshad Butt)

By NewsGram Staff Writer

Islamabad: In a blast in Pakistan’s Multan city on Sunday night, at least six people were killed and 43 injured, officials said.

Xinhua quoted Deputy Superintendent Police Zahid Saleem Gondal as saying that the explosion occurred at Vihari Road area of the city in Punjab province.

Dawn reported that the explosion occurred near a packed rickshaw stand.

Multan police official Azhar Akram told Dawn that the explosion occurred after a collision between a rickshaw and a motorcycle. “It seems that the bomb was fitted in the motorcycle,” he said.

According to Geo TV, seven died and 50 were injured in the blast.

correction-pakistan-390x285
www.thejournal.ie

Police have recovered ball bearings from the site of the blast, in which many vehicles and shops were destroyed.

The injured people were immediately taken to hospital, while police cordoned off the area for investigation.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned the attack and directed hospital administration to provide the best possible medical facilities to the injured.

The nature and target of the blast have not been determined yet. No group claimed responsibility for the attack yet.

(With inputs from IANS)

Next Story

Pakistan Rejects Any Link to Kashmir Terror Attack

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that the attack was a matter of "grave concern".

0
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that the attack was a matter of "grave concern" and it had been condemning "heightened acts of violence in the (Kashmir) Valley". Pixabay

Pakistan has denied any involvement in the suicide attack that claimed the lives of 45 CRPF troopers in Jammu and Kashmir.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that the attack was a matter of “grave concern” and it had been condemning “heightened acts of violence in the (Kashmir) Valley”.

“We strongly reject any insinuation by elements in the Indian government and media circles that seek to link the attack to the State of Pakistan without investigations,” said the statement.

Kashmir, Pakistan
The Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM), a Pakistan-based outfit, claimed responsibility for the attack in Pulwama district. Wikimedia

The Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM), a Pakistan-based outfit, claimed responsibility for the attack in Pulwama district. It was the worst ever attack on security forces on any single day since a separatist campaign broke out in Jammu and Kashmir in 1989.

ALSO READ: India to Withdraw Pakistan’s ‘Most Favoured Nation’ Status

India said the JeM was led by “international terrorist” Masood Azhar, who had been given full freedom by Islamabad to operate and expand his terror infrastructure in territories under the control of Pakistan and to carry out attacks in India and elsewhere with impunity. (IANS)