Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Autumn has just set in and with this change in season our skin also begins to change and transform. To rescue our skin from the ever so changing weather and hydration drenched condition, Vitamin E acts as a super powerful hydration and anti-oxidant range so make sure you are adding this as part of skin nutrient.
Shikhee Agrawal, Head Training at The Body Shop India and Shahnaz Husain, Founder Chairperson and Managing Director of The Shahnaz Husain Group, list some benefits of Vitamin E.
* The day begins with preparing and activating the skin by exfoliating the dead and flaky skin off from the face. You may choose from a variety of face cleanser in skin friendly formats of cream cleanser and gentle facial wash. To give cleansing the final touch, a toner rich in Vitamin E removes excess traces of cleanser, dirt and make-up without over-drying the skin dab.
* Before we step out for the day’s exposure to pollution and harsh UV rays, get your skin super hydrated and nourished using a Vitamin E rich day moisture and hyaluronic acid with a balanced mix of SPF and UV Index which ensures the skin is well protected from external aggressor UV rays which not only invites premature ageing but also damages the skin.
* To remove tan and reduce dark patches, mix Vitamin E oil from 2 to 3 capsules with papaya pulp and half teaspoon honey. Apply on the face and wash it off after half an hour. The vitamin E capsules also help in removing acne scars.
* Eight hours of beauty sleep has been the key ingredient for a happy skin. Wrap your skin with an intense night mask rich in Vitamin E sourced from Wheatgerm oil and the much needed moisture magnet hyaluronic acid which is 100 per cent organic and sustainable. This is more so for normal to dry skin and mature skin. Apply the cream at night, massaging it on the face with outward and slightly upward movements. Wipe off excess cream with moist cotton wool before bedtime.
* Sunflower oil is rich in Vitamin E. It can be used to apply and massage on the body before a bath. (IANS)
According to the World Health Organization, in 2020 itself, there were 2.3 million women diagnosed with breast cancer in the world. A report published by National Cancer Registry Programme (NCRP) estimates that breast cancer cases are likely to increase by nearly 20 per cent. Throughout the world, the tenth month of the year is recognized as the month of "Pink October" to raise awareness about breast cancer. The month should also be a celebration of encouraging the women in our lives to take the first step in this journey of staying in "Pink of Health". happen, an international dating app, conducted an in-app survey to understand how Indians discuss health issues like breast cancer with their partners. The survey gave a glimpse of whether health issues are impacting the life and relationships of singles.
41 per cent of users are not aware of examinations related to women's health
Forty-one per cent of users shared that they did not encourage the women in their life (mother, sister, friend, etc.) to go for checkups for issues related to health. Sixteen per cent of the respondents confessed that they did not remind women in their life to take examinations for their own health. It is important to note that regular self-examination is likely to detect breast lumps early. One in eight women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. If it is detected in time, it will be cured in nine out of 10 cases.
41 per cent of users are not aware of examinations related to women's health. | Photo by Unsplash
49 per cent of users said, "Breast Cancer is not an impediment when in love"
55 per cent believe talking about physical and mental health is no longer a stigma
A minimal headache can disrupt our whole routine for the day, so relationships are bound to be impacted by the health problems of our partner. Users shared that health issues can bring a little bit of tension and worry in the relationship with their partners. Health issues can be overwhelming for couples; thus, it becomes essential to voice your concerns to your partner. Sharing what you feel will provide you with clarity and make your partner your biggest support system. (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: Indians, women health, relationship, breast cancer, mental health, examinations
Keywords: UAE, Oil Producer, Carbon Economy, COP26, Saudi Arabia
Apple proposed the changes in August in a legal settlement with small app developers.
Both sides have appealed.
Keywords: Apple, App store, Epic, Games