Eating right is on everyone’s agenda. Who ever said that taste and healthy are at odds with each other? You may find healthy recipes in this lifestyle article
Celebrity chef Amrita Raichand believes that “Healthy is not boring!”. A mummy herself, Raichand shares some quick recipes to make healthy eating more fun.
- Boiled Potatoes – 2 ( medium )
- Paneer – 100 Gms
Please follow NewsGram on Facebook to get updates on the latest news
- Oats flour – 2 ½ tbsp
- Soya granules -½ cup
- Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1tbsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Pink salt – to taste
- Raw mango powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Cheese slice – 1 slice
- Roasted peanuts – 2 tbsp ( crushed )
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1½ tbsp
- Chopped coriander – for garnish
1. In a pan heat some oil, add the ginger- garlic paste, cook for 1 min, then add the turmeric and cook for another ½ a minute or so.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the boiled potatoes and the paneer. Then add half of the cooked gg paste, mixing them well. Now add the Oats flour, some pink salt and raw mango powder and bring everything together to form a dough.
3. Now for the filling , heat the same pan in which the gg paste was cooked and add the soaked soya granules to the remaining gg paste. Cook for a few mins. Add the garam masala, crushed peanuts and cheese slice and cook till the cheese melts. Squeeze some lemon juice finish with some chopped coriander.
4. Once cool, take small balls of potato dough, stuff it with the filling, and shape them into small cylinders, about an inch in height.
5. Deep fry these in hot oil till golden brown and serve with a dip of your choice.
SCHEZWAN SOYA BURGER
- Boiled sweet potatoes-1cup
- Soya granules-1/2cup
- Pepper-1 tsp
- Potato starch-1/2tbsp
- Chopped coriander-1/4tbsp
- Green peas mashed-1.5 tbsp
- Carrot small dices-1.5 tbsp
- Oats-2 tbsp
- Schezwan Sauce-
- Chopped onion-2tbsp
- Chilly paste-3tbsp
- Tomato paste-1tbsp
1. Soak the soya granules in warm water till plump and soft. Once done squeeze out the excess water and keep aside.
Please follow NewsGram on Twitter to get updates on the latest news
2. To make the schezwan sauce, heat the oil in a pan, add the chopped garlic & ginger and saute for 5 to 7 minutes. Now add the chopped onion, once it gets translucent, add the chili paste and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Then add the vinegar, tomato paste, sugar and salt and cook for another 5 minutes. Once the mixture starts releasing its oil, remove from the pan and keep aside.
3. Now take the boiled sweet potato and green peas in a bowl and mash properly. Add the soya granules, boiled carrot dice, a little of the prepared schezwan sauce (or more depending on your taste)and salt, pepper to taste. Mix the filling properly and add a little potato starch to bind the mixture.
4. Once well mixed, make small cutlets of around 35 to 40 gms each, coat with the oats and shallow fry patties till nicely cooked and golden on each side. Remove on kitchen towels to absorb the excess oil.
5. Cut healthy bread slices into roundels with a cookie cutter. Line it with lettuce, a slice of tomato and cheese slices. Then place the soya Pattie on it, drizzle the sauce of choice and serve.
FRESH FRUIT PARFAIT
- Crushed cornflakes 1½ cup
- Crushed chikki 1½ cup
- Yogurt -½ cup
- Papaya- ½ cup (cut into small cubes)
Please follow NewsGram on Instagram to get updates on the latest news
- Strawberries 5 whole (4 cut into small cubes and 1 for garnish)
- Mint leaves a sprig (for garnish)
1. To make parfait, start with the layer of crushed cornflakes in a desired glass.
2. Add the next layer of papaya then add yogurt gently on top making sure it does not weigh the bottom layer down.
3. Add the next layer of crushed chikki followed by strawberry and then yogurt.
4. Cut a strawberry in the shape of a flower and garnish the Parfait along with a sprig of mint leaf. (IANS)