Monday December 17, 2018
Home Uncategorized Swamy’s...

Swamy’s plea to summon documents in National Herald case accepted

0
//
Subramanian Swamy
Republish
Reprint

New Delhi: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy’s appeal for summoning the documents from the Ministries of Finance, Urban Development and Corporate Affairs, Income Tax Department and other agencies regarding the National Herald case was accepted by the Delhi court today.

Swamy was asked by the Metropolitan Magistrate to file the processing fee for sending the notification to the following departments including Delhi Development Authority and the Registrar of Companies.

In order to advance the order’s in this case, he needed these documents which are under these ministries, Swamy told the court during the hearing.

“The documents are under the ministries and they can be summoned”, he added.

The judge asked Swamy to file the process fee (PF) and then the application will be allowed.

On December 19, 2015, the court granted bail to Congress President Sonia Gandhi, his son Rahul Gandhi, former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Motilal Vora, Congress leader Oscar Fernandes, and Suman Dubey.

The case was lodged by Swamy based on a private criminal complaint. It was filed against them of deception, cheating and criminal breach of trust.

As per the court’s order, he gave the copies and the annexures of the complaint to the accused who are refusing to accept the same, Swamy told the court.

“They did not accept the documents and instead said that it was incomplete. I do not know what is incomplete. We have acted in accordance to the court’s order and we are ready to provide the incomplete documents if they will tell me what is incomplete,” he added.

“You send it to their offices through a post,” replied court.

The documents sought by him pertains to Associated Journal Ltd.

The five accused, Suman Dubey, Moti lal Vora, Oscar Fernandez, Sam Pitroda and Young India Ltd, challenged the summons issued on Swamy’s complaint.

(Inputs from agencies) (Picture Courtesy:janpratinidhi.com)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Rahul Gandhi Hints Rajasthan CM Issue Sorted

Pilot reportedly has put up a strong claim to the post on the ground that he had galvanised the party after the defeat in 2013, when he was appointed the state party chief

0
Rahul Gandhi
Image source: wordpress.com

In a sign that the leadership question in Rajasthan has been settled, Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Friday posted his photograph with Ashok Gehlot and Sachin Pilot, both contenders for the Chief Minister’s post, as party sources hinted that Gehlot could be the party’s choice for the top post.

The photograph of the smiling leaders had a caption “United Colours of Rajasthan!”, without giving any hint as to who will be the Chief Minister. An official announcement is expected in the evening.

Gandhi’s tweet capped hectic consultations with Gehlot, who appears set to return as Chief Minister in Rajasthan, and state Congress chief Sachin Pilot, who put up his claim strongly.

Gehlot, a two-time Chief Minister, and Pilot reached Gandhi’s residence within minutes of each other on Friday. A decision is expected to be announced on Friday.

Ahead of the meeting, Gehlot took a veiled dig at Pilot saying that the party unit had already left the decision on Gandhi and it was not the time to express individual choices.

“We have given the duty to the High Command. Let it decide who is to be given what responsibility. If I say my choice is this, it is not time for that. The time is to strengthen the Congress, see how its graph goes up.

“If Congress is strong, everyone will be empowered and we prove to be useful in meeting the objectives of the 2019 elections. This alone should be our thinking,” Gehlot said.

He said a resolution had been passed by newly elected MLAs in Rajasthan authorising the High Command to take a decision.

“Whether it is Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh or Chhattisgarh, once a resolution is passed, the decision of the Congress President should be acceptable to all. This is what our workres, MLAs and people expect,” he said.

Rahul Gandhi becomes the president of Congress as mother Sonia Gandhi Steps Down
Rahul hints Rajasthan CM issue settled.

He said winning elections in the three Hindi heartland states was a big achievement and that it all started with a strong performance of the Congress in Gujarat under Gandhi’s leadership.

“(Prime Minister Narendra) Modi and (BJP President) Amit Shah have lost their aura. They have not been able to recover due to which we won elections in the three states,” he said.

Gehlot had played an active role in formulating the party’s campaign strategy in Gujarat.

Both Pilot and Gehlot had separate meetings with Gandhi on Thursday.

The meetings came hours after the leadership issue was settled in Madhya Pradesh, with Gandhi tweeting his picture with Kamal Nath and Jyotiraditya Scindia, who were both chief ministerial aspirants.

The picture — akin to the one on Friday — carried the line “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time – Leo Tolstoy.”

Also Read- Kaizala App Now Helping Over 1,000 Indian Firms to Boost Workplace Productivity: Microsoft

Party sources said Rahul Gandhi was keen to give a similar message for Rajasthan as well.

Both in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, the Congress missed the majority mark by two seats and is now dependent on external legislative support.

Pilot, who stayed put in Delhi on Thursday, appealed to party workers to maintain peace and that he would welcome any decision taken by the party.

Pilot reportedly has put up a strong claim to the post on the ground that he had galvanised the party after the defeat in 2013, when he was appointed the state party chief. (IANS)