Mumbai, Sep 16 : Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan has clarified that her nine-month-old son Taimur is not making his Bollywood debut with “Veere Di Wedding”. She quips that the producers can’t afford to have both of them in the film.
The film also stars Sonam Kapoor, whose sister Rhea is co-producing it.
In a video posted on the film’s Twitter handle, Kareena has addressed the rumours.
“No (Taimur is not in the film), but his mother is in the movie… I think that is enough…You can’t have both. Rhea can’t afford both so it is either me or him,” Kareena said.
Talking about the film, Kareena said: “I want to show you my look (from the film) but the producer is not allowing us to go neck downward… But we are having fun shooting the film.”
The Twitter handle, though unverified, is followed by Sonam as well as actress Swara Bhaskar, who too is part of the movie.
Retweeting the video, Sonam replied with a laughing emoji.
“Veere Di Wedding”, also featuring Shikha Talsania, is a fun ride that explores the spirit of the modern Indian woman. The first schedule is being shot in Delhi and will extend for over a month. Ekta Kapoor is also co-producing the movie.
Directed by Shashanka Ghosh and written by Mehul Suri and Nidhi Mehra, “Veere Di Wedding” will release next year.
NEW DELHI: Rajkumar’s Hirani’s 3 Idiots is one of those films, which set a new benchmark for Bollywood industry and stamped the memory of film lovers. The movie was released in 2009 starring Mr. Perfectionist – Aamir Khan, Sharman Joshi, R. Madhavan and Kareena Kapoor. The film collected three National Awards in the Best Popular film, Best Lyrics, and Best Audiography categories. 3 Idiots was not just a hit in India but also did well overseas.
It was the first Bollywood movie which Chinese wanted to remake but do you know what made this movie so successful? If no, then you must read some amazing facts about the movie that made it blockbuster across the globe.
Shahrukh Khan was the first choice as ‘Rancho’
1. Before finalizing Aamir Khan for the role of Rancho, Rajkumar Hirani approached Baadshah to play the character of Ranchoddas Chanchad. But, he dropped the offer mentioning date issue and the role went to Aamir Khan.
Remember that flying helicopter that spotted Joy Lobo dead?
2. In the film, Joy Lobo projects get completed when Rancho picks it up but the brain behind that flying helicopter idea was Dia Mirza. In an interview, the producer of the film, Vidhu Vinod Chopra publicized the fact.
The star cast actually got drunk while shooting for tipsy scene
3. In order to make drunk scenes look more real, Aamir Khan suggested the actors to get drunk while capturing scenes to make it look more convincing. But what happened next, actors had to go through numerous retakes, even the stock of camera roll exhausted.
Zeal to work with Rajkumar Hirani
4. Kareena Kapoor was much enticed to work with Rajkumar Hirani and hence she herself approached Hirani for the role of Pia in the movie. And finally, she was able to grab the role.
5. The first choice for either role of Farhan and Raju was Arshad Warsi but things didn’t work out due to Arshad’s work schedule. Even the role of Farhan and Raju was offered to John Abraham and Saif Ali Khan but was cut short. Later on, a cameo scene of Sanjay Dutt also didn’t get any headway.
Whip-smart observation of Aamir Khan
6. In the entire movie, Aamir Khan is seen swaying in some or the other direction. Interestingly, after observing the behavior of his cousin, Aamir concluded the fidgety behavior of present generation.
Relation between pregnancy scene saga and Munna Bhai M.B.B.S
7. Rajkumar Hirani wanted to include the pregnancy episode in the movie Munna Bhai M.B.B.S., but due to some reason, the scene wasn’t able to conceptualize in that movie. But in the movie 3 Idiots, the scene seemed to be a perfect fit and thus got included.
The Fortis connection
8. After attempting suicide, Sharman Joshi was immediately admitted to a hospital. That hospital was Fortis, located in Noida.
The uncanny roll of shots
9. The movie was shot in a very unlikely way. The college scenes were shot later but were shown at the beginning of the movie and all the present day scenes were shot first.
The remarkable box-office collection
10. 3 Idiot was the first movie of Aamir Khan and even Bollywood’s first to clock Rs 200 crores at the box office. The movie did a stupendous business in China and was able to accumulate 395 crores worldwide.