Sunday December 8, 2019
Home Lead Story Tesla Receive...

Tesla Receives 1.46 Lakh Orders for ‘Cybertruck’, Claims Elon Musk

At "Cybertruck" unveiling, Musk asked the company's lead designer, Franz von Holzhausen, to demonstrate the strength of the "Armor Glass" by throwing a solid metal, baseball-sized ball at the window, but surprisingly the glass broke when the ball was overarmed into it

0
//
Tesla logo is seen in L.A.
Tesla logo is seen in Los Angelas, California. VOA

Despite a chaotic launch and broken glass, Tesla has received 146,000 orders for its electric pickup called “Cybertruck” which starts from $39,900.

“146k cybertruck orders so far, with 42% choosing dual, 41% tri & 17% single motor,” Musk said in a tweet on Saturday.

He referred to three different versions available: single-motor rear-wheel-drive, dual-motor all-wheel-drive and tri-motor all-wheel drive.

The Tesla CEO added that the orders have come with no advertising and no paid endorsement.

In total, Tesla has reportedly received deposits worth $14.6 million in just two days after unveiling “Cybertruck”.

The truck will come in three versions with 250 miles, 300 miles and 500 miles of range, respectively.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk
Tesla CEO Elon Musk introduces the Cyber truck at Tesla’s design studio in Hawthorne, California. Musk is taking on the workhorse heavy pickup truck market with his latest electric vehicle. VOA

The base version of the truck starts at $39,900, while the prices for the top end Tri-Motor All-Wheel-Drive version of the Cybertruck start at $69,900.

The most expensive version of the truck, the Tri-Motor AWDrive will be able to carry 3,500 pounds, tow up to 14,000 pounds and go from zero to 60 in 2.9 seconds.

It comes with six seats and features armored glass and ultra-strong panels that are made of the same alloys found on spacecraft.

Also Read: US Ban on Buying Chinese Telecom Products Unlawful: Huawei

Production of the tri-motor variant of the cybertruck is expected to begin in late 2022, Tesla said.

Earlier Musk’s net worth reportedly plummeted 6 percent, bringing it down by $768 million in a single day after a metal ball crashed down the unbreakable glass of his Cybertruck during its launch event.

At “Cybertruck” unveiling, Musk asked the company’s lead designer, Franz von Holzhausen, to demonstrate the strength of the “Armor Glass” by throwing a solid metal, baseball-sized ball at the window, but surprisingly the glass broke when the ball was over-armed into it. (IANS)

Next Story

Elon Musk Wins in Defamation Trial Over his ‘Pedo Guy’ Tweet

"Anybody that knows this man knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that Elon's accusations were false," Wood said outside court. "This was not the justice that he deserved under the evidence

0
Tesla CEO Elon musk, board
Tesla CEO Elon Musk. (VOA)

Multi-billionaire tech mogul Elon Musk has emerged triumphant from a defamation trial as the federal court jury swiftly rejected the $190 million claim brought against him by a British man over “pedo guy” tweet, who helped with the rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach from a flooding Thai cave.

Both Musk and Vernon Unsworth were present for the closing remarks.

Musk appeared unhappy during the closing remarks, while Unsworth, whose back was to the jury, at times looked to be wiping tears from his eyes as Spiro spoke, The Verge reported on Friday.

During the last hearing, Musk’s lawyer told the jury the tweet did not rise to the level of defamation and cases over insults didn’t belong in federal courtrooms.

While, leaving the courtroom, Musk told reporters: “My faith in humanity is restored, the jury did the right thing.”

Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX and Tesla. Wikimedia Commons

“I accept the jury verdict, take it on the chin, and move on,” Unsworth said outside court.

As per report, in closing remarks, Unsworth’s attorney, L. Lin Wood, characterized one of Musk’s tweets as “sue or true”. Wood said he believed Musk got involved in the Thai cave rescue as a publicity stunt.

“I believe Elon Musk saw an opportunity to capitalize on the attention,” Wood said in his closing statement.

Also Read: Adobe Plans to Buy Oculus Medium: Report

Additionally, Wood asked for $5 million in actual damages, $35 million in assumed damages and $150 million in punitive damages.

“Anybody that knows this man knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that Elon’s accusations were false,” Wood said outside court. “This was not the justice that he deserved under the evidence.” (IANS)