By NewsGram Staff Writer
Satnam Singh Bhamara has just been selected by the National Basketball Association (NBA) member-team, Dallas Mavericks. He’s the really, really tall guy from Punjab who is a rising star in basketball.
NewsGram brings you the ten things you need to know about this amazing Indian.
- Satnam is seven feet and two inches tall and weighs about 290 pounds.
- He was born on December 10, 1995 and is only 19 years old.
- He hails from Ballo Ke, a village in Punjab.
- His father, Balbir Singh Bhamara is a farmer by profession, and is also 7’2” tall and his grandmother, from father’s side, is 6’9” tall.
- His basketball shoe is a size-22.
- His father introduced him to basketball and he was sent to an academy in India to get trained. From there, he was chosen among a set of 29 kids selected to spend three months in IMG Academy in Florida.
- He was recently chosen as the Dallas Mavericks’ 52nd pick.
- Singh is the first India-born player to be taken in the NBA Draft in the league’s history.
- Since he hails from a small farming village of Punjab, in the beginning, he faced some troubles with English, when he came to Florida. Later on, he became so popular that he was elected the homecoming king by his classmates.
- He is so huge that the ball disappears in his hands and he has an impeccable range which extends well beyond the three-pointer line.