Introduction: Buying furniture can be a tough task given the variety of furniture available, and all of them are loaded with different features. It can be a really overwhelming and exhausting task for those who are not experienced in home decor. From a mansion to a small studio apartment and an office, irrespective of the size, we all face the problem of finding a place for fitting every single thing and still making it look beautiful. However, there are times when you simply cannot compromise on the number of furniture bought, so rather, you can choose smartly designed furniture to maximize every inch of space whilst making the place look extremely trendy. Choosing visually lightweight furniture is one such smart trick to amp up your carpet area. When buying furniture, make sure you pay careful attention to the visual weight of the furniture more than its actual weight. Rather than going for dark and boxy pieces, you can choose light coloured pieces with legs to make your place look spacious.
Chairs as furniture: Chairs are one such essential commodity in every home. The type of chair you choose to buy instantly decides whether your home looks ordinary and stuffed or spacious and elegant. Furniture that is trim and fit will suit your small spaces best. There are two types of chair that are commonly bought, study chairs and office chairs. While these both are a piece of furniture, both should not be interchangeably used. Although there is not a huge difference between an office chair and a study chair, learned people of home decor know the slight difference between these two.
Office chair: Surprisingly enough, there are three different types of chairs used in an office and to make the most out of your purchase, you must be aware of these types of office chairs.
1) Task chairs: Most commonly found, these office chairs are designed to aid the task of operator type professionals, for example, typists. These provide an upright shaping to the spine when used correctly. These chairs promote good posture and provide quality lumbar support.
2) Ergonomic office chairs: These chairs are designed to create a relaxed and comfortable work environment. These are often opted by those in management positions. These office chairs are brilliant for meetings, interviews as well as desk work. These types of chairs are proved to boost concentration and productivity.
3) Executive models: As the name suggests, these types of chairs are given a luxurious touch and are primarily used to enhance the beauty of the workplace. These office chairs are usually favored by those in top executive positions.
Study chairs: These types of chairs are usually favored by students, young and adults. As the name suggests, these chairs are used for study purposes and thus the comfort of the user should be of prime importance. In choosing a study chair, for example, one with fat rolled out arms and heavy huge bodies will not only take a lot of space but also give your room the illusion of being stuffed. You should pick a study chair with skinny arms and a tight, upholstered back instead. The three things you should keep in mind while buying a study chair are:
1) Armrests should allow your shoulders to relax and your elbows to stay close to your body for comfort and support. If going for a no armrest type chairs, it will be less restrictive and increase mobility.
2) The backrest should align to the natural curvature of your spine for better posture.
3) Your feet should rest flat on the floor for proper circulation and support.