Wednesday July 18, 2018
Home Lead Story On New Year, ...

On New Year, President Trump threatens to stop Aid to Pakistan

President Donald Trump began the New Year on Monday with a blistering attack on Pakistan, saying it will get no more US aid.

0
//
85
Donald Trump blasts Pakistan. Pixabay
Donald Trump points out the $33 billion aid that Pakistan had already got in the past. Pixabay
Republish
Reprint
  • Donald Trump threatens to stop all USA’s aid to Pakistan on this  New Year.
  • Trump alleged that Pakistan misuses the funds and shelter terrorists.
  • Not only Trump, but Pakistan has been accused of the same by India and Afghanistan too.

President Donald Trump began the New Year on Monday with a blistering attack on Pakistan, saying it will get no more US aid as it was giving “safe haven to terrorists we hunt in Afghanistan”.

“The US has foolishly given Pakistan more than $33 billion in aid over the last 15 years, and they have given us nothing but lies and deceit, thinking of our leaders as fools,” Trump tweeted in his strongest denunciation of Islamabad.

“They give safe haven to the terrorists we hunt in Afghanistan, with little help. No more!” he added.

There was no immediate official reaction in Islamabad.

terrorist
U.S. President, Donald Trump accused Pakistan of providing a safe heaven to terrorists. . Wikimedia

Trump’s announcement follows an increasingly tense back-and-forth between Washington and Islamabad after the US President unveiled his administration’s National Security Strategy.

He had then reminded Pakistan about its obligation towards helping the US because it got “massive payments” from Washington every year.

“We have made it clear to Pakistan that while we desire continued partnership, we must see decisive action against terrorist groups operating on their territory,” Trump had said. “They have to help.”

Pakistan is also accused by Afghanistan and India of harbouring terrorists ranged against the two countries. Islamabad routinely denies such charges. IANS

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 NewsGram

Next Story

itel Launches First Dual Camera Smartphone in India

itel "A62" is powered by 3000mAh battery and is equipped with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB

0
itel
The smartphone is equipped with a 5MP selfie camera with flash and 13.0MP+VGA dual rear-camera. (IANS)

China-based Transsion Holdings’ itel Mobile on Tuesday launched its first dual rear camera smartphone “A62” in India for Rs 7,499.

The latest addition to the company’s line-up of 4G smartphones comes with face unlock, fingerprint sensor, bike mode and dual rear camera set-up.

The smartphone is equipped with a 5MP selfie camera with flash and 13.0MP+VGA dual rear-camera.

“Camera on a phone has seen maximum innovations and improvements. With this insight, we have launched our first dual rear camera smartphone — ‘A62’, with full screen and multiple value added features,” Goldee Patnaik, Head of Marketing, itel Business Unit, said in a statement.

Also Read: itel Extends Partnership With Airtel

The device has a an 8.1-mm body with a full laminated body and thin bezels.

Running on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo OS, the smartphone powered by 1.3 GHz processor, a 5.65-inch HD+ IPS full view display with 18:9 aspect ratio.

itel “A62” is powered by 3000mAh battery and is equipped with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB. (IANS)

Next Story