A bachelor of technology degree has long been the chosen field of academic career for several students worldwide. This is mainly because of the varied professional paths that it has to offer. Adding a specialisation to a B. Tech course guarantees detailed knowledge and complete information in a particular field that a student might be interested in. Let us take a look at some of the specialised disciplines in engineering that you can pursue in India.
- B. Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering – This program is designed to develop technical competency among students to take up managerial roles in the field of exploration and production of hydrocarbons. Additionally, students will also get the opportunity to become proficient in the upstream engineering sector. It provides students with hands-on training of the applications of digital technologies on upstream that can allow them to take up roles as a data scientist and digital officers in the future.
- B. Tech Chemical Engineering – This B. Tech course helps students gain an in-depth understanding of the best global practices in the fields of natural gas processing, transportation and utilisation techniques. Furthermore, students will also learn about the applications of specific upstream activities, including exploration, reservoir and production processes. After completing this degree, students can find employability in a variety of industrial sectors including, chemical, refining & Petrochemical Fertilizers and allied sectors, engineering, procurement and construction, research & development.
- B. Tech Mechatronics Engineering – Through this program, graduates will practice mechatronics engineering in various areas of industrial and non-industrial automation. Additionally, they will pursue advanced and interdisciplinary learning modules and research courses in the domain of robotics, automation, and process control and mechatronics product design. Students will also gain expertise in the designing of real-time mechatronic systems, components and processes by applying their knowledge of mechanical, electrical, computer science and artificial intelligence. This will allow them to take on a professional career in technical, managerial and entrepreneurial role.
- B. Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering – This course will provide students with a good grounding on the designing and manufacturing aspects of electronic devices and components, integrated circuits, wireless devices. Furthermore, students will get hands-on training on their numerous applications in the industry, including the digital working of electronic circuitry. The career-oriented skills developed through this program enable students to become well-equipped engineers and analysts.
- B. Tech Electrical Engineering – This B. Tech program is known to be the main core branch of engineering and professional engineering discipline that has a strong demand in the industry. With the industrial growth being skyrocketed, the demand for electrical engineers is increasing across all regions of the world. Electrical engineering graduates are typically hired by power generation, transmission, distribution, as well as service sector companies.
If you are interested in land lucrative and out-of-the-box job roles, then applying for an innovative B. Tech course will help you achieve that. So, go ahead and explore all the options available to embark upon the specialised program that suits you the best.