Tuesday June 25, 2019
Home Politics Twitter and s...

Twitter and social media platforms got me here: Donald Trump

It is because of Twitter and the social media platforms help him get around the media, that president Donald Trump has reached. The president accepted it

0
//

Washington, March 22, 2017:  It is because of Twitter and the social media platforms help him get around the media, that president Donald Trump has reached. The president accepted it.

Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.

“(I) probably wouldn’t be here right now, but very seldom. We have a tremendous group of people that listen and I can get around the media when the media doesn’t tell the truth, so I like that,” Trump told reporters at a joint White House news conference with visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Trump was responding to a question put up by a German reporter if he ever regretted his tweets.

“By the way, my second question, are there from time to time tweets that you regret,” a German reporter asked, as per PTI.

NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today.

Sharing the dais with Merkel, Trump stated that he and the German leader probably shared something when it came to the predecessor Obama Administration.

He was responding to a question pertaining to wiretapping.

“As far as wiretapping, I guess by this past administration, at least we have something in common, perhaps,” Trump said.

“And just to finish your question, we said nothing. All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television. I didn’t make an opinion on it,” Trump said.

– prepared by Sabhyata Badhwar of NewsGram. Twitter: @SabbyDarkhorse

Next Story

Facebook Faces Trial Over Data Breach Affecting Nearly 30 Million Users

Facebook expects the fine to be in the range of $3-5 billion and has kept aside $3 billion in legal expenses related to the investigation

0
facebook, christchurch attack, new zealand
FILE - The Facebook logo is seen on a shop window in Malaga, Spain, June 4, 2018. (VOA)

In a setback, a US court has rejected Facebook’s claims to block a lawsuit against it in a data breach that affected nearly 30 million users in September last year.

According to a report in Seeking Alpha on Monday, US District Judge William Alsup in San Francisco dismissed Facebook’s request, saying claims that Facebook was negligent and failed to secure users’ data as promised can go forward, and discovery should move “with alacrity” toward trial.

In September, Facebook admitted that unknown hackers exploited three bugs to steal the personal details of 50 million users — later adjusted to 30 million.

Turkey’s Personal Data Protection Authority has already fined Facebook 1.65 million Turkish liras ($280,000) over data breach. Nearly 300,000 users in Turkey may have been affected by the data breach.

According to the Turkish watchdog, Facebook failed to timely intervene to take proper technical and administrative measures during the 12-day existence of the bug last September.

facebook
FILE – The logo for Facebook appears on screens at the Nasdaq MarketSite, in New York’s Times Square, March 29, 2018. VOA

According to a statement from Facebook in December, the company had discovered a photo API bug that allowed third-party applications to access the photos of Facebook users.

At the time, Facebook said that the bug “might have exposed the non-public photos of 6.8 million users to around 1,500 apps built by 876 developers”.

In March this year, Facebook disclosed yet another security incident, admitting to storing hundreds of millions of users’ passwords in plaintext, along with plaintext passwords for millions of Instagram accounts.

Also Read: Samsung Launches 3 Galaxy Wearables in India

Facebook is facing a hefty fine from the US Federal Trade Commission over data privacy scandals

Facebook expects the fine to be in the range of $3-5 billion and has kept aside $3 billion in legal expenses related to the investigation. (IANS)