Benefits & Use of organic coconut oil:
What is organic coconut oil:
When unrefined coconut oil has been pressed at a low heat and then filtered (the low heat allows it to maintain its all natural properties like biologically active antioxidants and phenol compounds) produces Organic Coconut oil. There are many use of organic coconut oil. Unrefined coconut oil typically has a stronger coconut flavor and may be a slightly beige color since it is not bleached. Organic coconut oil comes from coconut farms that are not using chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
Use of coconut oil as cooking oil & its benefits
- Every cooking oil has a thing called “smoke point” (a temperature) at which the oil begins to burn, after the oil burns, the nutritional value and flavor starts decreasing. But coconut oil has higher smoke point as compare to other cooking oils. According the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, a carcinogen called acrylamide can form in foods cooked in oil at high temperatures. Coconut oil can tolerate a higher heat than many other oils because coconut oil can withstand high temperatures with heat damage. organic coconut oil has a smoke point of 350 degrees Fahrenheit which is greater than extra virgin olive oil (320 degree), this makes coconut oil great for cooking use.
- One of the best “good fat” that can be added to our diet is organic virgin coconut oil.
- Organic coconut oil has many health benefits (discussed below), as it is 90% saturated fat & contains medium chain fatty acids which helps in appetite reduction, weight loss, improved cognition, skin benefits, increased energy and improved athletic performance
- Organic coconut oil can be used as cooking oil, as it is highly nutritious and contains a superior disease fighting fatty acid called lauric acid. It is also rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Health Benefits & Use of organic Coconut Oil:
- Weight control: It keeps your weight under control by boosting your metabolism.
- Boosts immune system: organic coconut oil contains immune supporting nutrient “lauric acid” which boosts immune system.
- Promotes Heart Health: organic virgin coconut oil contains healthy fat, the only good fat that you can add in your daily diet which is good for heart.
- Instant energy: organic coconut oil gives you instant energy by stimulating your metabolism, hence you will feel less sleepy & fatigue.
- Protects from disease: It improves your “Mitochondrial function” which helps in reducing the risk of diseases like atherosclerosis, diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune diseases, neurodegenerative disease and epilepsy.
- Improves cognitive and neurological function with possible implications in neurodegerative diseases.
- Promote Anti-Viral, Anti-Fungal, and Anti-Bacterial Activity Teeming with lauric acid, organic coconut oil possesses abundant natural agents that may reduce fungus, bacteria and the viruses that cause influenza, herpes, and other illnesses.
- Organic coconut oil helps to stimulate the activity and proper functioning of “thyroid” which provides energy, supports the health of your skin and metabolism, and keeps your moods in balance.For Skin & Beauty Benefits of coconut oil read here “Skin & Beauty Benefits“
Also Read: Beauty Benefits Of Aloe Vera