New Delhi, November 1, 2017 : Who doesn’t crave coffee first thing in the morning? After all, you need something to wake up your mind and body and recharge you for the long day ahead. But what if we told you, your everyday coffee can be creamier, tastier and healthier? That your coffee cuppa in the morning can replace your usually bland breakfast options and still provide you with all necessary ingredients and keep you energized for longer? That it can prove as a healthy beverage to make your mornings better and even help you lose weight?
So many benefits in one coffee-drink? You must be thinking we are kidding. But here’s the catch; we are not!
Bulletproof coffee is your ‘hack’ to regular coffee; it is healthier than everyday breakfast, and even has more nutrient benefits.
What Is Bulletproof Coffee?
While it may look like one, the bulletproof coffee isn’t like a creamy, everyday latte.
It is a high-performance beverage packed with nutrients of black coffee and more, that takes care of the body’s antioxidants’ needs, cognitive functions and provides long lasting energy.
Ketoproof coffee is essentially the same as bulletproof coffee : it makes use of butter and MCT oil. However, bulletproof coffee is a refined version of ketoproof coffee, the recipe for which is credited to credited to Dave Asprey, owner of Bulletproof executive, who combines various trademark products like Brain Octane Oil and Bulletproof Diet to make the experience healthier and better for a individual;
The procedure to make this beverage is similar to that of other coffees. However, what sets it apart are the different ingredients that are exclusive to this beverage, which include butter and oils.
Not only does it taste good, bulletproof coffee is a full package, combined with essential nutrients like bioflavonoid which make the brain sharper, antioxidants which reduce risk of degenerative diseases, vitamins, potassium and manganese, among other things.
Why Add Grass –fed Butter To Coffee?
- Grass-fed butter is rich in fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, omega 3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. It provides an individual with the good fats that a body requires for hormone and brain health.
Coffee is rich in antioxidants called catechins, which are reduced in quantity by the addition of milk.
By eliminating milk and adding grass-fed butter in its place, an individual can avail 3.4 times more antioxidants
- Grass-fed butter creates tiny suspended droplets of fats in the coffee called micelles which make fats more digestible. This makes for easier absorption, digestion and utilization of healthy fats in the body.
Why Choose Bulletproof Coffee Over Breakfast?
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as your body finally receives some nutrients after a fast of 7-8 hours. Additionally, all that energy is required to not only wake the body and help it function effectively till the next meal, but to wake up and recharge your mind and uplift your mood.
Have you been having cereals, fruits, toast or oatmeal in your breakfast? Consuming a carb-heavy breakfast immediately elevates the body’s blood sugar levels, giving it a burst of energy. However, this energy is often short lived and after a few hours, the body begins to feel tired and hungry. These factors together lead to a bad mood and inability to focus.
Bulletproof coffee is known to provide long lasting energy to the body, is low in calories and rich in healthy fats that have more benefits than other products normally consumed during breakfast.
The benefits of bulletproof coffee are believed to be far reaching and more effective, which is why it is believed that you should choose bulletproof coffee over breakfast.
Benefits of Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof coffee has high quantities of fats but the idea is to utilize these fats as an energy source for the day. Consuming it instead of breakfast keeps an individual full and helps diminish cravings. Bulletproof coffee also helps avoid overeating, or consuming unhealthy food.
When combined with bulletproof diet, the bulletproof coffee can be useful in weight loss.
Helps Fight Against Diseases
Bulletproof coffee is really just that, coffee. Like black coffee, it helps prevent several diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and diabetes. It also helps fight depression, protect liver and lower risk of cardiac arrests.
Helps Boost Energy
Overconsumption of caffeine can make individuals jittery, cause anxiety or insomnia. The saturated fat in grass-fed butter slows down absorption process of caffeine, which gives long lasting energy and instead of sudden spike.
Calorie count in the beverage is also very low. Additionally, the fat in bulletproof coffee is healthy fat which aids in healthy and efficient functioning of the body.
Provides Healthy Fats To The Body
Bulletproof coffee is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids as they contain grass-fed butter and the different types of oils.
Omega 3 fatty acids relieve symptoms of asthma, ADHD, and also helps fight depression. They are of particular importance to pregnant and nursing women to help with development of the child’s brain and eyes.
Omega 6 fatty acids also aid in preventing cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
Helps Keep Brain Healthy
Since the beverage is essentially just coffee mixed with butter, it has all the benefits that promote good mental health; like it helps fight age related cognitive illnesses like dementia, Alzheimer’s, etc.
When consumed in controlled quantities, it can also help reduce anxiety, and elevate mood.
ALSO READ When Is The Best Time To Drink Coffee?
How To Make Bulletproof Coffee
The bulletproof coffee recipe is credited to Dave Asprey.
Dave, the founder of the Bulletproof Diet, lost one hundred and fifty pounds before he introduced the bulletproof coffee recipe to the world.
Here is how to make Bulletproof Coffee,
- Bulletproof coffee combines together black coffee with unsalted grass-fed butter and medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) oil which is called Brain Octane Oil by Asprey. The MCT oil is rich in antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities and is extremely healthy.
- Combine the three ingredients in a blender until a smooth flowy consistency is achieved. The coffee should resemble the consistency of a latte.
- If not completely blended together, the ingredients can give an unpleasant consistency.
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
You can further experiment with your bulletproof coffee with the following variations,
Pumpkin Spice Bulletproof
- In addition to the ingredients of a bulletproof coffee, combine unsweetened coconut milk, organic pumpkin puree, cinnamon and nutmeg to taste and a pinch of salt.
- Combine all ingredients together and blend.
- Ensure that you remove any solid particles from the coconut milk before blending.
Gingerbread Bulletproof Coffee
- Sprinkle the cinnamon spice over coffee grounds before you brew and blend them.
- In addition to the ingredients of a bulletproof coffee, add 1 tsp gingerbread spice per 2 tbsp of coffee grounds.
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender and mix.
Copyright 2017 NewsGram