New Delhi, October 8, 2017 : From traditional motifs to gota work to floral prints, play with different patterns on saris and dupattas to lay a style statement this festive season, say experts.
Experts at weaverstory.com and Dastkar list down some trends that are in:
For kanjiveeram, go for temple design, wide border, gold checks or stripes, parrots, elephants, and peacocks. Off-white and black will also look good.
For Banarasi, you can go for a cutwork or jamdani tissue, with a delicate touch of gold, and self color jaal or butis all over, and classic ambi koniyas in the corners of the pallu. You should go for delicate pastel colors like pink, jade green, aquamarine, and lime yellow.
If you have bandhani tie-dye, then you have the choice of going traditional, with a classic bridal red and gold chequered gharchola design, or some of the newer ones which are being done in contemporary layouts and colours.
Pick kora sari for exquisite richness with ghani booti. The detailing with such innovative eye for weaving will surely make an impression.
Another trend is fine and intricately woven gota work, which looks gorgeous and is an essential for all attires.
For handwoven dupattas, patola and gota work is something to look forward to this festive season.
Chanderi with traditional motifs like birds, peacocks, flora and geometric patterns is a classic, and can never go wrong. (IANS)
Look best this festive season with looks that can steal the show.
Suyash Singh, Regional makeup corporate trainer, VLCC and Hair and make up expert Aashmeen Munjaal of Star Salon suggest a few looks you can ace this festive season.
* Strobing: For a young, fresh, and ultra-luminous look, strobing is a great technique that is slowly becoming a new way to wear makeup. It is a technique that involves illuminating strategic spots on the face to give the skin a bright and healthy look. Strobing is slowly gaining popularity among people who prefer the more natural look to heavy contouring.
* Monochrome eyes: Monochrome is all about using single shades like beige, brown, pink and the latest in trend being peach. Use a single shade with smudge liner and smudge kajal along with mascara to complete a perfect monochrome look this season.
* Cat-eyes and bright eyes: When it comes to eye makeup, bright eye and cat-eye look is the perfect way to go this festive season. Dab a touch of shimmer or matt while thick black liner finishes the eye makeup.
* Hair: Different types of curls are in trend like beach waves, soft curls etc but curls should be done according to the weather because humidity might spoil your curls and look very shabby. Hair braids, messy buns, high pony and low buns look more festive.
* Lips: Glossy or matt – anyone can go quite flexible this festive season. Ombre lip colour is another hot trend this season. Ombre lips are when you use two shades of lipstick and one shade transitions into the second shade seamlessly. They do not just look gorgeous, but are also easy to attain. Just seize some dark colour on the corner of your lips and fill in the rest with a lighter shade and you are done!