- Every year on the 5th June the world celebrates environment day
- People spread awareness on how to improve the environment and its importance
June 04, 2017: June 05 will be observed as World Environment day with the basic idea is to stress the importance of conserving the environment, a thought that we sometimes tend to forget. Its origins can be traced back to environmentalists who voiced that the effort to protect the environment is collective and global in nature.
NewsGram brings to you current foreign news from all over the world.
The world environment day is an initiative of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), which demands environmental protection action worldwide. The day is celebrated not just for awareness but also for the celebration of the years of hard work and efforts.
The first World Environment Day was celebrated in 1973. Since then, it has been celebrated in the different parts of the world every year with different themes. Today, over 100 countries celebrate the festival.
Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.
Canada will be hosting the 2017 World Environment Day. [bctt tweet=”The theme set for this year is ‘Connecting People to Nature'” username=” NewsGramdotcom”]The theme demands from us stepping out and interacting with the open environment around us. It is to cherish the relationship between man and environment.
Let us look at 10 of the SIMPLEST ways you can contribute to this global effort:
- We consume over 80 trillion aluminium cans every year. Recycling just one can save you enough energy to run the television for three hours. Next time you’re drinking a can of coke, make sure you put in the recycle bin.
- Save Water! Out of the world’s total water supply, just 1% is usable. Rest 97% are oceans and frozen water.
- Plastic bags and other plastic garbage are thrown into the ocean, which kills more than 1,000,000 sea creatures every year. Ban plastic bags completely.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter
- Drop the idea of using your car and cycle the short distances. It makes more difference than you think.
- Reduce your carbon footprint. Turn off unnecessary lights and switches.
- The famous old suggestion – ‘Plant a Tree’. If that is too much, just water some plants in the park near you. Add to the growth of life.
- Promote renewable sources of energy.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook
- Do not waste food. World Environment Day is closely associated with Sustainable Development. Resources must be optimally used.
- Make sure that you voice your interest publicly in protecting the environment. It could influence others including the local politicians to act.
- Wear Green and go for a walk outside.
[bctt tweet=”The environment is an asset we must strive to protect it. ” username=”NewsGramdotcom”]- By Saksham Narula of NewsGram. Twitter: @Saksham2394