Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Using a lip liner seems fairly simple, however there are some steps that one must follow to get that million-dollar smile, say experts.
Bhavya Sharma, Beauty and make up expert at UrbanClap.com lists down few ways to get the lip linear right:
* Remove dead skin: Well-hydrated and smooth lips are essential for a neat finish. Apply lip balm to moisturize your lips. And to remove dead skin, gently use a soft toothbrush over your lips. Once this is done, use a tissue paper to blot your lips and to remove the extra balm.
* Choose lip liner: The lip liner should be of similar shade as your lipstick. This way it blends in well with the lipstick and does not stick out.
* Outline the lips: Draw an ‘M’ shape on your upper lip where the two arches converge. Do this slightly above your natural lip line to make your lips fuller. Be precise and do not overdraw.
* Line the lower lip: Keep your mouth wide open and tighten your lips. Start outlining the lower lip from the middle and gradually move outwards to the sides.
* Apply strokes: Now that you have outlined to lips, it’s time to move inwards. Start by drawing small strokes on your lips. Use your lip liner to fill in the lips smoothly.
* Blend it: If you want to sport a matte look, then you are done. Just apply some lip gloss and you are set. But, if you want a strong shade, apply a lipstick of the same shade. Blend the lipstick with the liner using a lip brush for an even-toned look. Clean the edges using a tissue or cotton bud.
Supriti Batra, Beauty and Make up expert at Momspresso too have some inputs to share
* Why you should use a lip liner
* Lip liners are an essential part of any makeup vanity. A few reasons why it should not be neglected and should be in your kit.
* If you just land up eating your lipstick even before they reach the party, you can use lip liner before applying your lipstick as it makes it stay long.
* Once you fill up the lip with a liner it prevents your lipstick to bleed.
* It is a great way to shape up your lip and make it look clean and precise.
* It enhance your lips and make them look fuller and plump.
* You can just outline your lip above your actual lip line on top at the cupids bow as well as your lower lip and join it at the ends to get that perfect pout.
* You can change the color of your lipstick with the lip liner. Use different shade of lip liner and mix up with another shade of lipstick and you get a new color!
* Try our different colors that you always saw divas wearing can also be achieved with a lip liner, so get out there and do some lip shopping! (IANS)
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday asked the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) to prevent dumping of toxic wastes in India. Speaking at an event to celebrate DRI's 64th foundation day, Sitharaman lauded DRI's compact strength of about 800 officers for their relentless efforts despite the imminent risks. The Finance Minister stated that the officers may be keeping a low profile, but they are acting like the frontline defence forces, doing spectacular work in safeguarding the economic frontiers of the country. "The recent smuggling attempts of huge quantities of narcotics, gold, red sanders, ivory, cigarettes etc. unearthed by DRI were appreciated by the Finance Minister," the Ministry of Finance said in a statement.
"Sitharaman said that the message through such enforcement actions should be such that these acts of brazen attempts at smuggling are nipped in the bud," the statement added. The Finance Minister also said that better coordination among the law enforcement and intelligence gathering agencies and sharing of actionable intelligence are the way forward in protecting the frontiers of the country more efficiently. "Sitharaman also asked the DRI to focus on interdicting dual use technology items as well as preventing the dumping of toxic wastes in our country," the statement said. (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Nirmala Sitharaman, India, Toxic Wastes)
Tech giant Amazon has expanded the sound detection capabilities of Alexa along with more features. Alexa can now identify the sounds of running water and appliances beeping, reports Android Central. This means users can set up an Alexa routine to notify themselves when the washer beeps to indicate that laundry is finished, the report said.
When Alexa detects that the faucet has been left open, it will send users a notification as well so they can take appropriate action, it added. Amazon previously said at its event in September that it would add the ability to programme Alexa to recognise custom sounds, but that feature has yet to arrive. Having said that, the two new sound detection capabilities not only help users save energy, but they also make it easier to avoid paying for unnecessary charges on your home utilities, the report said.
The retail giant has also announced ultrasound motion detection, which will allow you to set up "Occupancy Routines" on additional Echo devices. This feature allows your smart speaker to detect nearby motion and initiate a routine, such as turning on the lights. It is compatible with many of the best Alexa speakers including the 4th-gen Echo, Echo Dot and Echo Dot with Clock. (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: laundry, appliances, beeping, running water, Sound, Alexa , Amazon)
By Olivia Sarkar
Comforting Christmas cocktails help you enjoy the celebrations and get into the festive spirit. The Leela Palaces, Hotels, and Resorts offer distinctive cocktails ranging from Hot Toddies to Decadent Egg Nogs. Sit back and enjoy one martini at a time to make the festive season a little brighter.
Dirty Chai Eggnog:
30 ml Bourbon
30 ml Baileys
90 ml Hot milk tea
Sweet cream foam to top up
Cinnamon powder and star anise.
1. In a heavy bottomed med sauce pot, prepare tea with milk. Strain and let it cool.
2. In a cocktail shaker add egg white, Bourbon, Baileys with whole spices. Shake well.
3. Pour the tea in the glass followed by ingredients from cocktail shaker.
4. Garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon powder, whole star anise
Eggnog is a Christmas favourite that is accustomed to toasts for good health and prosperity.| Pikist
Inspired by the Christmas Spirits and holiday flavours is a wonderful concoction of warm whisky, sweet vanilla, and thick butter.
45 ml Butter fat washed Whiskey
20 ml Ginger bread syrup
15 ml Spiced Apple liquor
2 dashes of Bitters
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1. Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker
2. Shake well
3. Pour into an old-fashioned glass
4. Garnish with Gingerbread cookie
Inspired by the Christmas Spirits and holiday flavors is a wonderful concoction of warm whisky, sweet vanilla, and thick butter. | Flickr
(Keywords: Santa's Apple, Egg Nogs, December, Cocktail, Cocktail, Christmas, holiday, celebrations)