Xiaomi, Realme Postpone Launches of Upcoming Smartphones in India Amidst Lockdown

Vivo has also rescheduled the launch of its upcoming mid-range smartphone -- Vivo V19 that will come with a dual-camera punch-hole and quad-camera system

Realme
Realme postponed the launch of Narzo series which was previously scheduled for launch in India on March 26, while Xiaomi extended the launch of Mi10 which was scheduled on March 31. Pixabay

Smartphone makers Xiaomi and Realme on Wednesday said they have postponed launches of their upcoming smartphones in India owing to the nationwide 21-day lockdown.

Realme postponed the launch of Narzo series which was previously scheduled for launch in India on March 26, while Xiaomi extended the launch of Mi10 which was scheduled on March 31.

Xiaomi
Smartphone makers Xiaomi and Realme on Wednesday said they have postponed launches of their upcoming smartphones in India owing to the nationwide 21-day lockdown. Wikimedia Commons

“With respect to the announcement made by our Prime Minister on March 24, we have decided to suspend all upcoming launches including #realmeNarzo series. Time for us to focus on our family and ourselves. Stay at home, stay safe and cooperate with local authorities,” tweeted Realme India CEO Madhav Sheth.

Sheth announced that operations at Realme’s ‘Make in India’ facility will be temporarily stopped until further notice from the government.

ALSO READ: Huawei’s Flagship Smartphone Mate 40 Pro May Feature “Halo Ring” With Touch Display

Vivo has also rescheduled the launch of its upcoming mid-range smartphone — Vivo V19 that will come with a dual-camera punch-hole and quad-camera system. (IANS)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here