Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
By Mohammad Ali
Over the past few decades, there hasn’t been any field of IT that has created as much investment, interest, and hype as cloud computing. Even though the term might mean different for different users, the cloud is a permanent fixture for service providers and end-users, as well as global organizations of different sizes. This is also the reason why cloud computing gets a lot of attention and coverage from certification providers and companies providing cloud-related services such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, VMware, and Microsoft. They offer certifications for several cloud-based roles including the Cloud Architect. In this article, we will be discussing how you can get started on your journey to becoming a cloud architect.
What is a Cloud Architect?
Cloud computing architecture includes all the components and subcomponents needed for setting up cloud computing. The components usually consist of backend platforms, a front-end platform, a network, and a cloud-based delivery. When these components are combined, you get a cloud computing architecture. The design of the cloud solutions has the same architectural methods and procedures that have been used for the past two decades.
Follow NewsGram on Instagram to keep yourself updated.
As a cloud architect, your job will include converting the project’s technical requirements into the design and architecture that will be guiding the final project. You will also have to bridge the gap between the solutions in the cloud and the complex business problems. You will work with developers and DevOps engineers to ensure the right technologies are built.
What are the prerequisite skills?
If you are planning to become a Cloud Architect, ideally, you will have a strong background in either cloud computing or other technical areas. If you are comfortable working with most of the concepts or at least a few of them, you are on the right track. If not, you can work in some of these areas or study them before tackling the role of a Cloud Architect.
- Operating System – You must have an in-depth understanding of at least one operating system which can be Windows, Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, or Solaris. You must have experience working as an architect or an administrator in any of these operating systems as it will help you transition into the role of a cloud architect.
- Networking – You must have a good understanding of networking concepts such as IP addresses, TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP before you pursue the position of a cloud architect.
- Programming Languages – Even though knowledge of at least one programming language is not a must, it will definitely help you in your job as a Cloud Architect. You can learn C++, Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Security – If you want to be a Cloud Architect, then you should have a high-level knowledge of core security concepts. Security is crucial in the cloud and knowledge of crucial concerts like firewalls is a must.
It is important to note that this list is not exhaustive. However, if you want to be a Cloud Architect, you must have a strong technical background.
What is the AWS Certified Solutions Architect?
In May 2013, Amazon Web Services launched its AWS certification program. Currently, they are offering several role-based credentials available at professional, associate, and foundation levels along with many specialty certifications. Through their certifications, they aim to prepare candidates for the architect, operations, and developer roles.
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate and Professional certification targets networking professionals with some experience in designing as well as deploying cloud solutions on AWS. If you want to work in this role, you must know how to assess the needs of the client, plan and design solutions meeting those requirements, recommending an architecture that can implement and provision AWS applications, and provide guidance throughout the project’s lifecycle.
During the associate level certification training, you will learn how to identify and collect requirements for the solution plans and provide guidance on best architectural practices throughout the AWS projects. It is also a prerequisite for professional-level certification. Before you go for the professional level certification, you must make yourself familiar with concepts such as business continuity, high availability, network design, costing, data storage deployment management, hybrid structure, elasticity and scalability, security, and cloud migration.
Here are a few other certifications from the AWS:
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate: This credential is the best fit for someone who wants to design, develop, and implement cloud-based solutions using the AWS platform.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional: This role involves provisioning, managing, and operating distributed applications using AWS. Here are a few other responsibilities of a DevOps Engineer:
- Implementing and managing delivery systems, governance, compliance validation, and security controls.
- Defining and deploying monitoring, logging, and metrics systems.
- Maintaining operational systems.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate: With this credential, you will be responsible for provisioning services and systems on AWS, automating deployments, monitoring metrics on AWS, following and recommending best practices.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner: This is the only foundation-level certification from AWS. Even though it is not required, it is recommended for the associate, professional, and specialty AWS certifications.
AWS also offers specialty certifications in the field of networking, big data, and security:
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty
- AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty
Amazon is currently on the top spot in the field of cloud computing services. Because of this, the AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification is a must-have for someone who wants to work as a Cloud Architect in a company that relies heavily on AWS for their business. This certification will distinguish you from your competitors and give you an advantage while pursuing new clients.
Cloud Architect is a crucial role in an organization that comes with high demand and endless possibilities. There is no denying that this demand will only grow exponentially over the next few years. So, getting a Cloud Architect certification will be the right step for your career growth. It will be your opportunity to learn the new and exciting technologies that are emerging in the cloud arena.
(Disclaimer: The article is sponsored and hence, promotes some commercial links.)
By Siddhi Jain
The author who named the book after her twin sons -- Puhor and Niyor -- is a parent who has seen and heard the tales of ridicule and discrimination suffered by many in India and beyond. She says the book is an artistic illustration for kids that details how different families can live and coexist. Whether it's children with two dads or two moms, children with a single dad or single mom, and even multiracial family units, Borthakur's book teaches love, understanding, and compassion towards unconventional families.
Beyond race, gender, color, and ethnicity which have formed the bases for discrimination since the beginning of time, this book aims to bring to light a largely ignored issue. For so long, single parents have been treated like a taboo without any attempt to understand their situations; no one really cares how or why one's marriage ended but just wants to treat single parents as villains simply for choosing happiness and loving their children.
Homosexual parents, a relatively new family system, is another form that has suffered hate and discrimination for many years. Pritisha emphasizes the need to understand that diversity in people and family is what makes the world beautiful and colourful. 'Puhor and Niyor's Mural of Family Stories' is a firm but compassionate statement against all forms of discrimination on the bases of sexual identity, gender, race, and even differences in background
'Puhor and Niyor's Mural of Family Stories' is a firm but compassionate statement against all forms of discrimination on the bases of sexual identity, gender, race and even differences in background. | Photo by Ben Wicks on Unsplash
Written for a global audience, the book is targeted at kids between the ages of five and 10, the reason it is embellished with colourful images of families of different types is to appeal to children's sense of sight and drive home the message at the same time. Borthakur believes children are the best place to start because the ages between five and 10 are the most formative, where little ones pick up habits, beliefs and perceptions.
The Guwahati-born author says, "With this book, I'm not trying to take away the job of parents in forming habits, I simply want to do my part as a parent. It is important that we impart the right values in our kids in a bid to build a better, more inclusive and tolerant global society that is fair to everyone." The author's first attempt at a book was an Assamese poetry 'Anubhav', published in 2010.
Set to be published under the label of Author's Channel, the book is like an adventure; a journey into uncharted territories, untouched subjects and matters long ignored. In her words. "The book takes a critical stand in defense of people in society who have had to undergo severe emotional torture for no cause of theirs. It is a terrible conception to think such people any less of a human just for being different," says publisher Aruna Naidu. By September 30, this title, priced at Rs 299, will be available online and in offline bookstores. (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: Book, children, Guwahati, Puhor and Niyor's Mural of Family Stories, moral, story, kids, discrimination, equality
If you feel that clean and well-groomed hands are just an essential prerequisite for women, you might like to think twice. Men should equally pay attention to their hands because our hand houses 1,500 bacteria living on each square centimeter of its skin. You can easily assume what havoc it can create in our body because in India we have the culture of eating with our hands and spaces beneath nails can become breeding heaven for germs. Moreover, clean and maintained hands boost confidence in their daily life activities. Therefore, it's important to keep your hands clean irrespective of your gender by washing or sanitizing at regular intervals. And, to keep them groomed, you don't have to visit a salon.
Rajesh U Pandya, Managing Director, KAI India, gives easy and completely doable tips to follow at home:
* Refrain from harsh soaps: You should be mindful of the soap you are using to wash your hands. Your soap can have a moisturizing element in it like aloe vera or shea butter. Ensure that you're washing your hands with normal water as hot water can make your hand's skin dry and scaly.
You should be mindful of the soap you are using to wash your hands. | Photo by Aurélia Dubois on Unsplash
* Clip your nails regularly: Make use of your personal nail clipper to cut your nails. After cutting your nails at a comfortable length also file them using a nail filer. Never share your nail care clipper as the germs can get transferred to your loved ones. Also, don't forget to use grime remover to remove hidden germs in corners and beneath nails. Also, you may like to file your nails to have a smooth finish.
* Good quality Nail Clipper: Do not use a rusted or chromium coated nail clipper as it might be harmful to skin and might cause dangerous bacterial infections.
* Stop the habit of nail chewing: Sometimes anxiety or extreme boredom can lead to chewing of nails. This habit only makes your nails uneven and ugly. Sometimes, our unclean nail folds give rise to viral, bacterial or fungal infections, which in turn can make us sick if we chew our nails.
Make use of your personal nail clipper to cut your nails. | Pixabay
* Exfoliate your hands: Similar to the way you exfoliate your face; your hands also need it. It helps to keep the dry skin at bay and keep your hands soft. You can buy a scrub or make one at home using brown sugar and olive oil. After scrubbing, you need to massage your hands with moisturizer.
Similar to the way you exfoliate your face; your hands also need it. It helps to keep the dry skin at bay and keep your hands soft. | Wikipedia
* Don't use your nails as tools: Always keep in mind that your nails are like jewels. Never use them to pry things open such as pop cans, removing keys from the ring, opening letters, or scraping off labels. This results in unnecessary breakage of nails, making your hands look dirty.
Never use your nails to pry things open such as pop cans, removing keys from the ring, opening letters or scraping off labels. | Photo by Sammy Williams on Unsplash
* Be aware of nail or cuticle inflammation or redness: If there are any signs of infection, disinfect the skin as soon as possible with an anti-bacterial or anti-fungal ointment.
(Article originally written by N.Lothungbeni Humtsoe) (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: Nails, groom, hand, exfoliate, chew, nail clipper, bite, cuticle
Bitcoin has become an essential crypto asset in modern portfolios and investment funds. The confidence generated in this cryptocurrency will depend a lot on the diversification that companies make in their balance sheets in Bitcoin and the increase of institutional investors that allocate a percentage of their funds in this crypto. American fund manager Cathie Wood makes some interesting predictions, both in the rise that the Bitcoin price will experience in the next 5 years, suggesting these institutional investors allocate 5% of their funds; this will help leverage the Bitcoin market.
Bitcoin will grow by a tenfold
Bitcoin is projected to grow by 10 times its current value in five years, i.e., it could reach $500,000. Of course, this will require companies to invest in cryptocurrencies. This makes it necessary to increase the weight of Bitcoin on balance sheets through investments. One of the investment gurus who supports this prediction is Catherine Wood. Contrarily, Ray Dalio, despite being clear that relying on cash is not a good strategy, views Bitcoin with suspicion, although he calls for its investment. This behavior is due to the actions of governments against the cryptocurrency market.
If something is undoubted is the vertiginous increase that cryptocurrencies have had in general, they have risen more than 60% so far this year. So, even when some governments are trying to regulate cryptocurrencies, they will fail. This attempt to regulate will end up triggering even more cryptos, especially Bitcoin, which is the oldest and most solid of that market.
Bitcoin, is the oldest and most solid of the market. | Photo by Executium on Unsplash
Follow NewsGram on Facebook to stay updated.
The current Bitcoin price means is time to buy:
The current price of bitcoin invites you to buy, and perhaps it would be foolhardy not to. In either case, bitcoin will always represent money. Maybe some external factors generate some misgivings, but if you refuse to invest in cryptocurrencies, you are basically denying the near future, it would be as if you didn't have a cell phone or internet.
In India, more and more people are becoming convinced of the benefits of holding some Bitcoin. This can be clearly seen in the rapid increase in the number of new accounts at crypto exchanges such as WazirX and CoinDCX.
ALSO READ: How can you trade in Bitcoin in India?
Bitcoin, despite its fluctuations, represents an excellent financial strategy. The support users give is significant. The same cannot be said of the FIAT currencies, which have lost value and support, showing how fragile they are, being subjected to a constant devaluation. As long as confidence in cryptos grows, the foundations will continue to be laid to maintain their rise and to be able to continue making transactions. We know this by previous experience, as has happened with Ether, thanks mainly to the growing activity of Defi and NFT, i.e. decentralized finance and non-fungible tokens.
Remember that when you invest in Bitcoin, you can do it by buying or trading. When you want to make these transactions do it in a secure Exchange, study your finances to invest, manage the risk, and learn to manage your portfolio efficiently.