- Intuition can be achieved through Self-realization which in turn is achieved through dedication and meditation
- Indian philosophy says, being intuitive is a proof that a soul is more connected to the higher power
- Intuition is another way to say that your senses are heightened, that your observation, listening, awareness and visualising power are unique
“Intuition“- One word with that can be interpreted in thousand different ways. Intuition is the ability of your mind to predict what might occur. Intuition turns you into a soothsayer. Intuition is your sixth sense.
No, we are certainly not talking about you seeing dead ghosts like the kid, Haley Joel from the movie, ‘The Sixth Sense’. We are talking about ‘You‘ having the human ability to predict possibilities instantly without the aid of reason or thought. In the words of science, Intuition is a rapid response mechanism of the brain that does not operate according to a set procedure and helps us to believe in certain possibilities.
Intuition as a spiritual knack-
Indian philosophy says that being intuitive is a proof that a soul is more connected to the higher power. This statement precludes that a Yogi or a sage will have a developed supreme vision, as he’s free from worldly affairs.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook
For a Hindu, intuition is far more important than intellect itself. To develop one’s intuition far more powerful than he possesses today, he would have to follow few steps:
- Free himself/ herself from the world of phenomenon
- Practice Dharana or concentration daily
- Practice Dhyana or meditation daily
- Be in touch with your Samadhi or Superconscious state
The ways that are mentioned above are also called Yogic ways of achieving Intuition.
Your intuition is what we call in Sanskrit- ‘Buddhi’ or higher intelligence. Ordinarily, human intelligence is adulterated by desires, anxiety, greed, and fear. Therefore, self-purification will remove these modifications and take you to a path of Self-realization. One at this point would have questions about Self-realisation and how to attain it. To find an answer to these questions, let’s read the next information.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter
A Hindu’s journey to Self- realisation
The journey from blind belief to intuition is filled with self-discovery and there are few things one would have to remember in order to reach the point of self-realisation or as one might say Intuition:
- A calm mind
- Freedom from judgment
- Curiosity and Interest
- Belief in oneself
The above 6 qualities might help one to build the pillars of Self-realization.
Myths about Intuition
Intuition is a magical ability and can be enhanced by knowing mantras and shlokas.
The above ways to strengthen one’s sixth sense if taken as just words without any hidden meaning can make you believe that intuition is a magical ability. Not only do you have to follow the above points blindly but also follow them religiously with utmost sincerity. No one Guru reached the apex by reading a book about mantras.
Intuition is a mysterious process and should be left to very religious people
Wrong! Intuition is another way to say that your senses are heightened, that your observation, listening, awareness and visualising power are unique. To make it simpler and to make the young generation understand, it is more like your long-term relationship with a person. Don’t you become more intuitive towards one another? That’s the power of intuition, it’s only achieved over time and dedication.
– prepared by Karishma Vanjani of NewsGram. Twitter: @BladesnBoots
- Wilton Hindu Temple of Connecticut: The Temple draws Hindu community in Fairfield County
- Angkor Wat: History behind Cambodian Hindu temple
- 5 Most famous Hindu Temples in South East Asia
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram