Friday April 27, 2018
Home Politics US concerned ...

US concerned over Kashmir killings, calls it India’s affair

The Violence started on Saturday, July 9, following the death of top Hizbul Mujahideen commander, Burhan Wani

1
//
177
Kashmir Valley Violence. Image Source: www.thehindu.com/
Republish
Reprint
  • The US concerns over Kashmir Valley violence that had claimed 30 lives but states that it is India’s affair
  • “Obviously, we’re concerned about the violence,” US State Department spokesperson John Kirby said in his daily press briefing on July 11
  • the violence started on Saturday following the death of top Hizbul Mujahideen commander, Burhan Wani, 22, who was killed in a gunfight on Friday along with two of his associates

The US concerns over Kashmir Valley violence that had claimed 30 lives but states that it is India’s affair.

“Obviously, we’re concerned about the violence,” US State Department spokesperson John Kirby said in his daily press briefing on Monday, July 11.

Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgram1

John Kirby. Image Source: AP
John Kirby. Image Source: AP

“We encourage all sides to make efforts towards finding a peaceful resolution,” he said.

Follow NewsGram on Facebook: NewsGram.com

“This is really a matter for the Government of India to speak to specifically, and I’d refer you to them for more comment,” he added.

Hizbul Mujahideen commander, Burhan Wani. Image Source: hindustantimes.com
Hizbul Mujahideen commander, Burhan Wani. Image Source: hindustantimes.com

Since violence started on Saturday following the death of top Hizbul Mujahideen commander, Burhan Wani, 22, who was killed in a gunfight on Friday along with two of his associates, 30 people including 29 civilian protesters and a policeman have died. (IANS)

ALSO READ:

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

  • Aparna Gupta

    Kashmir violence is not only India’s concern as the violence over killing of militants is not only unique to India.

Next Story

Apple to shut its last Watch-exclusive store in May

Apple's shipments in the fourth quarter of 2017 grew by more than 32 percent over the fourth quarter of 2016 to eight million

0
//
13
Apple Watch Nike+ smartwatch. Flickr

Apple will shut down its last of the three Apple Watch-exclusive stores — located in Tokyo — it built when it launched the wearable in 2015.

On May 13, the last Apple Watch-exclusive store will close its doors. Twitter user Shotaro Akiba has shared a photo on the microblogging platform showing the department store’s announcement, Engadget reported on Sunday.

vero, instagram
Many apps pulled out of the watchOS. VOA

Apple had shut down the other two stores in London and Paris last year. According to 9to5mac website, the shop held a sale in which it was selling the remaining Apple Watch Edition inventory for as little as $700.

These 18-karat gold watches were sold for at least $10,000 and as much as $17,000 when they first became available, the report said.

Earlier this month, high-profile applications, including Instagram, Amazon, Google Maps and Twitter, pulled out their apps from the WatchOS. Driven by Apple Watch Series 3 shipments, the Cupertino-headquartered giant shipped a record 18 million Watch devices in 2017 — an increase of 54 per cent compared to the previous year.

Also Read: Apple working on gold variant of iPhone X: Report

“The Series 3 was the key growth driver, as total shipments of the latest version of Apple’s Watch were just under nine million, making up nearly half of all shipments in 2017,” Singapore-based market research firm Canalys said.

Apple’s shipments in the fourth quarter of 2017 grew by more than 32 percent over the fourth quarter of 2016 to eight million — the highest-ever number of shipments in a single quarter for any wearable vendor. IANS