Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
According to a current report by the World Health Organization (WHO), among the 20 most contaminated cities on the earth, 13 are in India, in which Delhi tops the list.
Here are some important issues and steps which are being taken to control the Pollution level in Delhi.
- The Supreme Court has banned the sale of firecrackers in Diwali, India’s largest festival, to deal with the air pollution problem in Delhi, that causes smog during the winters.
- The Court has declared 24th October as a deadline for the government to regulate the use of petcoke fuel.
- Every day nearly eight residents are dying in India’s capital due to air pollution.
- Despite the authorities in the capital setting rules to clear the air by cutting traffic, air pollution continues to be a severe threat to the lives of the residents of the capital.
- A new fuel, petroleum coke, which is the replacement of coal, has further enhanced the problem of the air pollution.
- Petroleum coke, also known as Petcoke is found in tar sands in the pits of Canada. These are some of the dirtiest crude oil sources. At US Gulf Coast, it is refined where petrol and diesel are removed. Petcoke is the left out substance that produces further harmful substances such as carbon, sulfur and heavy metal emission such as coal.
- It is exported to the countries like India and China where it is used as a fuel. Thus the developed counties manage to make money out of this harmful waste material due to lax environmental laws in China and India.
- China has reduced its dependence upon petcoke since 2014. Now India is the largest importer of petcoke.
- In February, Supreme Court has ordered the government to ban the use of petcoke or put a limit on the sulphur emission in the process.
- The regulations have limited the sulfur emissions to 4,000 ppm but the regional environmental agencies confirm the presence of 72,000 ppm of sulphur in the petcoke.
- Delhi Govt. presents ‘Winter Action Plan’ on repressing pollution - NewsGram ›
- Developed by the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune, a Decision Support System (DSS) that extends the ability of the existing air quality early warning system (AQEWS) to have decision-making capability for air quality management in Delhi-NCR was launched on Tuesday. - NewsGram - Lens to India from Abroad ›
- In the wake of the 'severe' air quality in Delhi, the Graded Action Response Plan (GRAP) has advised the government and private offices along with other establishments to reduce vehicle usage by at least 30 per cent on an 'emergency' basis to curb vehicular emission. - NewsGram - Lens to India from Abroad ›
By N. Lothungbeni Humtsoe
Life was moving at a fast pace for most of us and then the pandemic hit. The pace definitely slowed down and gave us an opportunity to look back at our lifestyle, routine and our most cherished old memories. 'Looking back' through your old photos on a phone versus flipping through a glossy photo album and reliving each memory? Getting teary eyed at some, and straight up howling with laughter at some others.
Today, advancement in technologies has opened up an ocean of possibilities. So how does one hold on these closest moments and memories in a thoroughly tangible way? Sachin Kataria, CEO, Zoomin shares all the minute details to make festive season personal.
Moving from gifts to personal stories: Gifts are no longer just confined to material items of a certain 'price tag'. Gifting someone is now seen as a chance to create a unique experience and splash of emotions that the receiver can enjoy for years to come. It's a fact that preserving memories is now a lot easier with delivery partners that can convert digital memories into actual personalised frames, albums and a host of memorabilia. And this makes it so much easier and quicker for you to hold meaningful memories close to your heart.
Gifts are no longer just confined to material items of a certain 'price tag'. | Photo by freestocks on Unsplash
Reframing moments of joy: It isn't always possible to create a photo album or a photo frame of all your special moments or even gift them all the time. This is where new age personalized gifting platforms are a boon. It is now possible to add a touch of personalization to any gift item making it that much more special and meaningful for both the giver and the receiver. One can choose from functional items such as coffee mugs or calendars to more stylized gifts like Canvas Prints and Photo décor and add a favorite memory to make the gift item personal and more valuable.
It isn't always possible to create a photo album or a photo frame of all your special moments or even gift them all the time. | Photo by Rirri on Unsplash
Festive season Fun: Why just adorn your house with lights and flowers? Add a touch of 'YOU' to plain walls and table tops and make them more intimate during special occasions. Some simple Photoprints and colorful, wall-safe washi tapes or magnetic ropes can add a touch of style without leaving any pin marks.
Why just adorn your house with lights and flowers? | Photo by Raj Rana on Unsplash
New-age apps offer products that are both affordable and of excellent quality - could there be a better deal than this? With the 2022 calendar and planner season around the corner, one can experiment and customize some cool calendars for friends, family, colleagues, business contacts etc. These will last on someone's wall (or table) for a few years. What's more, your gift will be more than just another product... it will be a canvas upon which a beautiful story unfolds! (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: flowers, photo album, personal, festive season, life, pandemic)
Boredom seems to be an unavoidable aspect of existence. Sure, you can pass the time on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter when you’re bored but you can only browse for so long before things become monotonous and uninteresting. The internet has revolutionized the world in various ways, be it politics, shopping, or journalism, to name a few. It has also completely redefined how individuals spend their time.
If there is ever a point when the internet is the most beneficial, it’s for curing boredom. Internet is vast and has dozens of websites that may be used to break the monotony.
The internet is vast and has dozens of websites that may be used to break the monotony. | Photo by John Schnobrich on Unsplash
Take a look at these entertaining time-killing websites and put an end to boredom! Here’s the ultimate list of entertaining websites, ranging from intriguing, amusing, and unexpected time-wasters to strange websites to visit while bored.
#1 Find the Invisible Cow: Make sure to keep your volume high for this fun game. Hover your cursor over the screen as you hear the sounds changing their intensity. Keep searching for the cow and click when you think it’s there!
Keep searching for the cow and click when you think it’s there! | Scriptist
#2 Hacker Typer: Do you want to feel like one of those awesome hackers from a Bollywood film? Simply go to this website and smash the keys! As you pretend to be a spy hacking into some vital mainframe, this will thrill and entertain you.
Simply go to this website and smash the keys! | HackerTyper
#3 Wayback Machine: Take a look at some of your favourite websites before they were completely revamped with the help of this website. You only need to enter a URL and select a date. The Wayback Machine will then display a picture of the website from the specific day you’ve chosen.
Take a look at some of your favourite websites before they were completely revamped with the help of this website. | WaybackMachine
#4 The Useless Web: You go to this website, click a large button, and then get sent to a random website on the internet. You may be given a simple game to play, a rain of corn dogs, an endless horse, or you may witness a guy being smacked with an eel.
You go to this website, click a large button, and then get sent to a random website on the internet. | Tim Holma
#5 Pointer Pointer: To begin, move your cursor across the desktop, then wait 3 seconds for a picture of someone, object, or a group of people to emerge on your screen, pointing right at your cursor.
Move your cursor across the desktop and wait for a picture of someone, object, or a group of someone’s to emerge on your screen, pointing right at your cursor. | Pointer Pointer
So there you have it, five websites to cure your boredom from the depths of the internet.
(Keywords: Pointer Pointer, The Useless Web, Hacker Typer, Hacker Typer, Find the Invisible Cow, internet, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, social media, Boredom, Websites)