Sunday June 16, 2019

Amitabh Bachchan requests ‘Twitterji’ to increase followers

Big B requests 'Twitterji' to increase followers

0
//
Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan (Wikimedia Commons)

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan,one of the most widely followed Indian celebrities on Twitter, has once again written to the micro-blogging platform’s management requesting them to increase the “number” of followers.

Big B on Friday tweeted that he has been posting a lot and even asked the if something else needs to be done to increase the number of followers.

“Arre yaar Twitterji. Yaar ab toh hamare numbers badha do (At least now increase my number of Twitter followers). Kab se itna kuch dal rahe hain (I am posting so much)… Kuch aur karna ho, number badhane ke liye to bolo (Let me know if I have to do something else to increase the number followers),” Amitabh, 75, wrote.

Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan requests ‘Twitterji’ to increase followers.

Big B’s official and verified Twitter handle @SrBachchan has 34.3 million followers.

Earlier this week, the thespian had questioned the micro-blogging platform’s management about how they manage to keep the number of followers constant. He has also threatened to quit Twitter, accusing the micro-blogging website of reducing his followers.

That time, the fan following of Big B quickly dropped from 33 million to 32.9 million. It led a team of officials from Twitter to met him.

Also Read: This is What Amitabh Bachchan has to Say against Women Harassment

On the film front, Amitabh will be seen in “102 Not Out” along with veteran actor Rishi Kapoor. (IANS)

Next Story

Social Media Users at Twitter, Instagram Go ‘Blue’ in Support of Sudan

The Army cracked down on the demonstrators and destroyed the encampment, the nerve centre of the protest that led to the overthrow of long-running President Omar al-Bashir on April 11

0
facebook, instagram
Facebook, Messenger and Instagram apps are displayed on an iPhone, March 13, 2019, in New York. VOA

In a bid to raise awareness about the current volatile situation in Sudan, social media users in large numbers have turned their profile picture blue.

While some Twitter and Instagram users have made the profile picture circle appear solid blue, others posted a solid blue square as an image. Some have done both.

Instagram has so far recorded close to 18,000 posts with the hashtag #BlueForSudan.

“It is time to stand hand in hand. Their voices must be heard. #BlueForSudan,” wrote one Twitter user.

“Ignorance is worse than violence.. Stand with Humanity, Stand with #sudan #BlueForSudan,” wrote another.

Some users have also posted the drawing of a crying woman wearing a hijab to draw attention to the political crisis in the north African country.

The violence in Sudan followed a couple of months after the ouster of long-running President Omar al-Bashir on April 11.

UN Chief, Sudan Protesters
Sudanese protesters use burning tires to erect a barricade on a street, demanding that the country’s Transitional Military Council hand over power to civilians, in Khartoum, Sudan, June 3, 2019. VOA

The trigger for social media users to turn blue was the death of a young man who was allegedly killed during a crackdown on protesters on June 3.

“Those who are taking part in spreading #BlueForSudan. The colour blue came from a warm hearted, martyr known as, Mohammed Hashim Mattar, my cousin who has passed away on the 3rd of June, as he was standing proud. Blue was his fav colour, which now presents unity. Mattar’s Blue,” tweeted one user.

To honour his death, Mattar’s friends and family put up the blue colour on their profiles, but others soon followed.

The Sudanese government last Thursday said that 46 people were killed in “recent events” that began with an assault on a protest camp earlier this week in the capital Khartoum, while the opposition Committee of Doctors said at least 108 people had died.

Also Read- Apple Releases New Version of its Professional Music Production Software

In what was the first official death toll since a military crackdown on a camp that had been set up for two months, the Sudanese Undersecretary for the Health Ministry, Suleiman Abdul Jabbar, said in a statement that the toll had not reached 100, Efe news reported.

Sudanese security forces last Monday raided an encampment that had been set up in front of the Army headquarters since April 6 and began firing to clear the area.

The Army cracked down on the demonstrators and destroyed the encampment, the nerve centre of the protest that led to the overthrow of long-running President Omar al-Bashir on April 11. (IANS)