Lipstick is surely a go-to makeup, whether it is a quick fix or for a much detailed party look. It is the most important makeup that instantly changes the face from looking drab to diva and also has some skin benefits.
Bhavya Chawla, Chief Stylist, Voonik and Vishal Mudgal, Make-up Expert, VLCC shares some benefits of Lipsticks:
* A lot of lipsticks that have sun protection ingredients protect your lips from the harmful UV rays.
* Lipstick provide hydration as it has ingredients like Aloe Vera and/or vitamin E.
* Lipstick defines your lips and brightens your smile, provided you choose the right shade.
* Wearing a lipstick can complete your look, whether it is about looking more credible at a professional setting or more sexy for a date night.
* Women who wear lipstick feel more confident and powerful. As a matter of fact, they are usually perceived by others as being more attractive, and in control.
* Lipstick is also a mood enhancer, which lifts our spirits during tough times. It instantly makes us feel empowered.
* Lipsticks speak a lot about ones personality. While most of us (I am sure you all would agree) will have dozens of lip colours, there will be 3-4 pet colours most used and easily worn almost everywhere.
* Lipstick if chosen correctly can enhance your complexion. First, it is important to understand your skin undertone, whether it’s cool or warm or neutral. (Bollywood Country)
Women with a dusky skin tone may often be in a fix over the shade of lip colour to choose. Floral ones or earthy tones can be interesting choices, suggest experts.
Aashmeen Munjaal, celebrity make-up artist and Nelofar Currimbhoy, President of Shahnaz group of companies, have shared some tips:
* Identify the undertone of your skin, it can be yellow, blue, grey or pink.
* When you are applying the base, make sure it is natural. Don’t overdo it on face area and apply little bit base on your lips, but if you feel heavy on your lip area, then you can dab with the help of a tissue paper or a sponge. This will absorb extra base from your lip area and only the required base will remain on your lips.
* Dusky and dark complexioned women have some interesting colour options like silver, gold, bronze, copper, chocolate and dark nudes. The same shade can be chosen in moisture matte collection because it gives moisture to your lips and at the same time, it will give a matte look which is in trend nowadays.
Steel grey and metallic shades also look good on darker skin tone but make sure it’s going with your attire.
* Floral lip shades like cherry, pink, orange, light red, dark peach, wine and mauve can be a good choice for darker skin tone women.
* Earthy shades can be trusted blindly because these shades are the safest for dusky skin. Earthy tones include lip shades like brown, brick, cocoa and burgundy.
If you are wearing any fluorescent coloured outfit and want to wear lip shade of your choice then first you need to apply that shade on your lips with the help of a brush like an underbase. Above of that if you want to apply a lip colour then you can go for shades like tangy orange, fushcia pink, neon red.
* The colour of the lipstick also depends on the time of the day and the weather.
Summer lips need to be soft. What works well for the day on dusky skin is long lasting lip gloss in pale shades of brown, champagne and soft orange. Orange has made a comeback after years and is all the rage these days.
Using a tinted lip gloss as a substitute to lipstick in the day makes the face look fresh and appealing , specially so in summers.
* Avoid shades of magenta and pink since they tend to come out too stark and artificial.
* For the evening go for a rich maroon. Pat a coat of dry powder on your lips and reapply the lipstick. This will ensure that your lipstick stays on.
* What looks exotic on dusky skins is a light splatter of lip glitter. Remember to reach out for the lip line pencil to give the perfect touch.
* Hues of brown also look good on the dusky skin tone like metallic copper. It looks just ethereal for the evenings. For the flame look, carry the colour theme to the clothes and eye shadow. (Bollywood Country)