Wednesday October 24, 2018
Home India Stones Instea...

Stones Instead of Cash? Devotees send Stones from Rajasthan for Ram Temple in Ayodhya

Stones from Rajasthan, sent by bhakts of Lord Ram, have arrived in Ayodhya's Ram Temple

0
//
58
Ram Temple
2,000 cubic feet stones arrive for Ram Tempe in Ayodhya. Twitter
Republish
Reprint
  • Stones from Bharatpur, Rajasthan have arrived in Ayodhya’s Ram Temple as donations
  • The 2,000 cubic feet stones have been donated by ‘Ram Bhakts’ for carving out structures in the temple 
  • The donation comes as an appeal from Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas who in 2015 requested stones instead of cash 

July 07, 2017: 2,000 cubic feet of stones have arrived in Ram Temple, Ayodhya on Wednesday in the form of donations from Bharatpur, Rajasthan. The stones are to be used for carving out proposed structures in the temple.

The 18 blocks of sandstones were delivered in three trucks. Sharad Sharma, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Spokesperson, stated that the donation in stones rather than cash came as Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas had appealed for the same from Ram’s followers all over the country in June 2015.

The whole consignment is presently kept at Ramsevakpuram of Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas, which is 500 meters from the VHP workshop. VHP is responsible for the carving of stones of the temple since 1990. Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas is an organization of VHP leaders and saints that will supervise the construction.

ALSO READ: Fake Caste Certificates Invalid for Employment, says Supreme Court

Previously, the Commercial Tax Department during the Samajwadi Party’s tenure had not allowed Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas to bring stones from Rajasthan. But with Yogi Adiyanath’s approval, the pending construction shall resume very soon.

This year in May, CM Yogi Adityanath became the first CM in over 15 years to visit the Ram Janmabhoomi, a disputed area with supporters of Babri Masjid.

Ayodhya’s case is a political agenda. There are also questions directed at VHP’s decision as Yogi Adityanath assumes power and the next Lok Sabha election 2019 is on its way. The All India Muslim Law Board has called this an “open contempt of the Supreme Court” and hace called for the ban of any further delivery.

– By Saksham Narula of NewsGram. Twitter: @Saksham2394

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 NewsGram

Next Story

InfoWars’ Tweets Will Remain Live on Twitter, Despite Violations

Among the seven tweets found to have violated Twitter's rules, two of it occurred recently enough that Twitter could cite them in the future to take additional punitive action against Jones' accounts.

0
Twitter CEO
Twitter on a smartphone device. VOA

Twitter said the accounts belonging to US conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and his media organisation InfoWars will remain online for now, one day after an investigation found that his accounts appeared to have repeatedly violated the company’s rules.

A Twitter spokesperson said the company concluded that of the more than a dozen tweets included in CNN’s Thursday report, seven were found to have violated Twitter’s rules, CNNMoney reported on Friday.

CNN’s investigation found that InfoWars’ and Jones’ Twitter accounts had published content that degraded groups of people on the basis of their religion and gender identity, engaged in the harassment of individuals, glorified violence, and promoted conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook and Parkland shootings.

Twitter would have required those tweets to be deleted, if they were to have remained up, the report said.

But after CNN’s investigation was published, the tweets cited in it were almost immediately deleted from the social media website.

Twitter
After CNN’s investigation was published, the tweets cited in it were almost immediately deleted from the social media website. Pixabay

Jones said on his programme that he had instructed his staff to do so and “take the super high road”, though he contested whether the tweets violated any Twitter rules.

Among the seven tweets found to have violated Twitter’s rules, two of it occurred recently enough that Twitter could cite them in the future to take additional punitive action against Jones’ accounts, the spokesperson said.

The other five tweets occurred before a set of bolstered Twitter rules were put into place in December 2017. While Twitter required those tweets be deleted, the company cannot use them as grounds to take further action against the accounts, the spokesperson said.

Also Read: Twitter CEO Expands on Why He Won’t Ban Alex Jones, Infowars

The Twitter spokesperson was not immediately able to provide CNN with the specific tweets the company had determined to have violated its rules.

“We will continue to review any content that is flagged to us and take action as appropriate,” the spokesperson said. (IANS)