Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Nothing is more attractive than a head full of healthy, luscious locks, even for men. So, while you care for your beard and mustache, take care of your tresses.
These tips from L’Oreal Paris and Delhi-based Lucullan Studios, will help keep your hair nourished and healthy.
1. Men’s products are often marketed as having 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 abilities. While it may seem like a great idea to have a shampoo, conditioner, and body wash all in one handy product, instead of asking one product to work overtime, do yourself and your hair a favor by investing in a complete hair care system made up of separate products. Pick those meant for your hair type.
2. When it’s time to dry your mane, you may be tempted to grab your towel, rub away, and be done with it. However, rough rubbing can actually cause breakage. Instead, gently pat your hair dry to avoid any unwanted damage.
3. Less is more. Keep your hair styling products to a minimum. Too much product can build up on your hair over time, causing your strands to be weighed down and appear flat.
4. Excessive heat can damage your strands, and while you may not be whipping out a curling iron or flat iron, there’s a solid chance you reach for a blow-dryer every now and then. Try to keep using heat tools to a minimum-and when you do use one, make sure to apply a heat protectant beforehand and don’t turn the heat all the way up.
5. Wearing tight, fitted hats too often can take a toll on your strands. Try to go sans hat as frequently as you can, and when you do wear one, opt for a loosely fitted style rather than one that’s molded to your head.
6. Trims are important! While you may not have super-long strands, it’s important to get regular trims. This will help get rid of any unwanted split ends and allow your hair to look and feel its best.
7. Your beard requires proper tender loving care, too. Just as you need to wash your hair, it’s important to keep your beard clean, especially if you use any styling product on it. Instead of using shampoo and conditioner, reach for a face wash and beard moisturizer.
8. A healthy diet can help your hair stay strong and shine. If you are not getting certain nutrition from food, you might see the effect on your hair. Vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid are important for your hair. Starchy food items like bananas and potatoes are rich in Vitamin B6. Major sources of B12 include meat, poultry, fish and dairy products. You can get folic acid with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables especially citrus fruits and tomatoes. Beans and lentils also have it. Proteins is also critical for keeping your hair healthy but many people don’t get enough in daily diet so it’s a good idea to take a daily multivitamin.
9. Oiling is important for your hair and scalp. In summers, use coconut oil and in winters, use olive or almond oil. For better results mix little onion juice with oil. (IANS)
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday asked the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) to prevent dumping of toxic wastes in India. Speaking at an event to celebrate DRI's 64th foundation day, Sitharaman lauded DRI's compact strength of about 800 officers for their relentless efforts despite the imminent risks. The Finance Minister stated that the officers may be keeping a low profile, but they are acting like the frontline defence forces, doing spectacular work in safeguarding the economic frontiers of the country. "The recent smuggling attempts of huge quantities of narcotics, gold, red sanders, ivory, cigarettes etc. unearthed by DRI were appreciated by the Finance Minister," the Ministry of Finance said in a statement.
"Sitharaman said that the message through such enforcement actions should be such that these acts of brazen attempts at smuggling are nipped in the bud," the statement added. The Finance Minister also said that better coordination among the law enforcement and intelligence gathering agencies and sharing of actionable intelligence are the way forward in protecting the frontiers of the country more efficiently. "Sitharaman also asked the DRI to focus on interdicting dual use technology items as well as preventing the dumping of toxic wastes in our country," the statement said. (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Nirmala Sitharaman, India, Toxic Wastes)
Tech giant Amazon has expanded the sound detection capabilities of Alexa along with more features. Alexa can now identify the sounds of running water and appliances beeping, reports Android Central. This means users can set up an Alexa routine to notify themselves when the washer beeps to indicate that laundry is finished, the report said.
When Alexa detects that the faucet has been left open, it will send users a notification as well so they can take appropriate action, it added. Amazon previously said at its event in September that it would add the ability to programme Alexa to recognise custom sounds, but that feature has yet to arrive. Having said that, the two new sound detection capabilities not only help users save energy, but they also make it easier to avoid paying for unnecessary charges on your home utilities, the report said.
The retail giant has also announced ultrasound motion detection, which will allow you to set up "Occupancy Routines" on additional Echo devices. This feature allows your smart speaker to detect nearby motion and initiate a routine, such as turning on the lights. It is compatible with many of the best Alexa speakers including the 4th-gen Echo, Echo Dot and Echo Dot with Clock. (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: laundry, appliances, beeping, running water, Sound, Alexa , Amazon)
By Olivia Sarkar
Comforting Christmas cocktails help you enjoy the celebrations and get into the festive spirit. The Leela Palaces, Hotels, and Resorts offer distinctive cocktails ranging from Hot Toddies to Decadent Egg Nogs. Sit back and enjoy one martini at a time to make the festive season a little brighter.
Dirty Chai Eggnog:
30 ml Bourbon
30 ml Baileys
90 ml Hot milk tea
Sweet cream foam to top up
Cinnamon powder and star anise.
1. In a heavy bottomed med sauce pot, prepare tea with milk. Strain and let it cool.
2. In a cocktail shaker add egg white, Bourbon, Baileys with whole spices. Shake well.
3. Pour the tea in the glass followed by ingredients from cocktail shaker.
4. Garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon powder, whole star anise
Eggnog is a Christmas favourite that is accustomed to toasts for good health and prosperity.| Pikist
Inspired by the Christmas Spirits and holiday flavours is a wonderful concoction of warm whisky, sweet vanilla, and thick butter.
45 ml Butter fat washed Whiskey
20 ml Ginger bread syrup
15 ml Spiced Apple liquor
2 dashes of Bitters
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1. Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker
2. Shake well
3. Pour into an old-fashioned glass
4. Garnish with Gingerbread cookie
Inspired by the Christmas Spirits and holiday flavors is a wonderful concoction of warm whisky, sweet vanilla, and thick butter. | Flickr
(Keywords: Santa's Apple, Egg Nogs, December, Cocktail, Cocktail, Christmas, holiday, celebrations)