Food Poisoning Proves Fatal To 11 People After Eating Temple Food

Devotees had gathered at the temple for a consecration ceremony.

India, Temple
A woman cries near the body of her husband who died of suspected food poisoning at Bidarahalli, near Sulawadi village in Chamarajnagar district of Karnataka state, India, Saturday. VOA

Indian officials say 11 people are dead and 93 are in the hospital after eating tomato rice that was apparently contaminated at a temple in the southern Indian state of Karnataka.

India, Temple
India’s Map. VOA

Twenty-nine of the 93 people are on ventilators, said K.H. Prasad, the health officer for Chamraj Nagar district where the temple is located.

Also Read: Facebook Begins Verifying Political Ads in India Ahead of 2019 Polls

Samples of the food are being tested, health officer said.

Devotees had gathered at the temple for a consecration ceremony. (VOA)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here