Wednesday June 19, 2019
Home India Serial rapist...

Serial rapist has killed over 30 children: police

0
//
picture from- indianexpress.com

New Delhi,  In revelations that have shocked even his interrogators, serial killer and rapist has admitted to raping and murdering more than 30 children in and around Delhi, police said on Tuesday.

picture from- focusnews.com
picture from- focusnews.com

“Kumar has confessed to murdering more than 30 children after raping them,” Deputy Commissioner of Police Vikramjit Singh said. “Most of the cases have taken place in and around Delhi.”

Singh said that on Monday Kumar — who hails from Kasganj in Uttar Pradesh but has been living in Delhi — was taken to Narela, Bawana and Alipur, the places in outer Delhi identified by him during interrogation.

“This helped us to establish the fact (about the number raped and killed),” the officer said.

“I am myself monitoring the case. The investigations till now suggest that the toll might reach 40,” he added.

Until now, police had thought the number of Kumar’s victims would be around 15.

Police have mounted a massive operation to know if the cases of missing children filed in the past five years in Vijay Nagar, Bawana, Narela, Alipur, Begumpur, Kanjhawala, Samaypur Badli and other areas are related to this case, Singh said.

The 24-year-old Kumar began his crime spree sometime in 2008, the officer said.

Last year, Kumar was arrested for assaulting a minor boy in Begumpur in south Delhi. He abducted the boy near his house and fled after slitting his throat.

He assumed the boy was dead. But the victim survived as police found him bleeding in a septic tank of an under-construction building, the officer said.

Kumar was let off in that case — because at that time police did not know about the enormity of his saga.

He was again arrested on July 16 for raping and murdering a six-year-old girl in Begumpur. The girl had gone missing on July 14.

(IANS)

Next Story

Top Delhi Surgeons Under Scanner in Connection with International Kidney Racket

The racket is spread far and wide

0
Delhi, Surgeon, Kidney Racket
The role of one more hospital of Delhi has come to light where poor people were being cheated by doctors and hospital administration through an organized chain of middlemen. Pixabay

Over a dozen leading private surgeons, including top urologists of Delhi are under the scanner of Uttar Pradesh Police in connection with a sensational international kidney transplant racket, spread across Turkey and the Middle East countries.

So far, 13 people, including CEO of Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute(PSRI) Dr. Deepak Shukla have been arrested. Two leading doctors of Fortis hospital have been served notice in the kidney racket. The investigation against another leading hospital located in central Delhi is underway and more arrests are likely to be made in the case which has sent ripples across the medical fraternity.

Talking to IANS, Senior Superintendent of Police Kanpur, Anant Deo said that the Fortis hospital has been served notice in cases relating to the violation of Transplantation of Human Organs Act.

“Besides Fortis and PSRI, the role of one more hospital of Delhi has come to light where poor people were being cheated by doctors and hospital administration through an organized chain of middlemen,” said Anant Deo, a Uttar Pradesh cadre IPS officer supervising the investigation.

Delhi, Surgeon, Kidney Racket
Over a dozen leading private surgeons, including top urologists of Delhi are under the scanner. Pixabay

According to the SSP, the police has launched a massive hunt for one Dr. Ketan Kaushik, a key accused in the case, who brought patients for kidney transplants from countries like Turkey, UAE and other places in the middle east.

“The racket is spread far and wide. Different groups were operating in different regions. As of now, we have busted one of the groups linked with Delhi-based hospitals,” Deo revealed.

The SSP said the name of Dr. Deepak Shukla was revealed by at least 10 accused involved in the case. Shukla will be confronted with accused already arrested by the police.

In fact, the racket operated like a well-organized crime syndicate. For instance, the international clientele was approached by a different set of people while local kidney donors were trapped by touts already operating in the human organs transplant racket.

The police sources said that there is enough evidence to prove that the accused removed kidneys of at least 12 donors for a huge amount of money taken from the recipients family.

After extracting the kidneys, donors were paid just Rs 2 or 3 lakhs while recipients were charged Rs 70 to Rs 80 lakhs per transplant.

During investigations, global links emerged wherein a Delhi-based doctor, Ketan Kaushik was found to be handling international clientele for the group.

Delhi, Surgeon, Kidney Racket
Two leading doctors of Fortis hospital have been served notice in the kidney racket. Pixabay

The racket which has sent shock waves amongst country’s medical professionals could see some more leading doctors being rounded up by the police in a few days time, sources added.

According to the SSP, a detailed interrogation of Dr. Shukla and other key accused is being done by a special team led by Superintendent of Police (Crime) Kanpur, Rajesh Yadav. (IANS)