Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
- Hawking Radiation which is possibly confirmed by recent experiments has made it more and more probable that black holes do emit matter back
- If energy appears so can matter because of energy-matter equivalence.
- Some of the biggest black holes might take more time to evaporate than the predicted age of universe, so slow is the emission
September 13, 2016: Basis of tens of hundreds of sci-movies and comics the black holes have always been shrouded in mystery. From a being a gateway to another universe to a worm hole to basis of time travel; Black holes can be anything. A hole from which nothing comes back couldn’t possibly be more interesting. Except new evidence suggests that it isn’t.
Hawking Radiation which is possibly confirmed by recent experiments has made it more and more probable that black holes do emit information and matter back eventually leading to their deaths.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook
- The basic mechanism of the phenomena-The story begins from the concept of Quantum Tunnelling which explains how particles appear on the far side of barrier they shouldn’t be able to cross. If you try to observe a particle in a very small space near the barrier, It’s momentum will become wildly unpredictable because Uncertainty Principle the particle may have a blast of momentum which translates directly into energy. If energy appears so can matter because of energy-matter equivalence.
Then why don’t we see matter randomly appearing here and there?
As soon as a particle is created by tunnelling, so is its anti particle (with a negative mass) and they annihilate almost instantaneously. And this is happening all the time-everywhere.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter
- The one scenario which triggers the end of black-hole-Now, consider the above phenomena happening in the event horizon. According to the theory,during the annihilation process near the horizon one of the particles(one with the negative mass) falls into the black hole, giving the other momentum in other direction, away from the horizon and making it real.
This real particle is released in the form of radiation and the particle with negative energy does something even weirder. It reduces the mass of Black Hole. In one event, energy was released from black hole and it’s mass reduced as well.
- The Thesis by renowned physicist Stephen Hawking states this emission of radiation, Hawking predicts causes the shrinking of Black Hole. Also, this rate of emission is ever increasing. That is, the more radiation it emits, the faster it will emit more radiation.Eventually causing it’s almost certain death once the rate crosses a certain threshold.
- Recent developments making the possible thesis more and more likely-A step forward has been taken in confirmation of this theory when a physicist Jeff Steinhauer from Technion University in Haifa, Israel made a Sound Black Hole and observed energy actually emitting from the edges as predicted by Hawking’s equations.
Although in the grand scheme of things it might be irrelevant this process is very very slow. Some of the biggest black holes might take more time to evaporate than the predicted age of universe, so slow is the emission.
Nevertheless, the fact that black holes can die is an amusing fact in itself.
– prepared By Anubhuti Gupta of Newsgram
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday asked the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) to prevent dumping of toxic wastes in India. Speaking at an event to celebrate DRI's 64th foundation day, Sitharaman lauded DRI's compact strength of about 800 officers for their relentless efforts despite the imminent risks. The Finance Minister stated that the officers may be keeping a low profile, but they are acting like the frontline defence forces, doing spectacular work in safeguarding the economic frontiers of the country. "The recent smuggling attempts of huge quantities of narcotics, gold, red sanders, ivory, cigarettes etc. unearthed by DRI were appreciated by the Finance Minister," the Ministry of Finance said in a statement.
"Sitharaman said that the message through such enforcement actions should be such that these acts of brazen attempts at smuggling are nipped in the bud," the statement added. The Finance Minister also said that better coordination among the law enforcement and intelligence gathering agencies and sharing of actionable intelligence are the way forward in protecting the frontiers of the country more efficiently. "Sitharaman also asked the DRI to focus on interdicting dual use technology items as well as preventing the dumping of toxic wastes in our country," the statement said. (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Nirmala Sitharaman, India, Toxic Wastes)
Tech giant Amazon has expanded the sound detection capabilities of Alexa along with more features. Alexa can now identify the sounds of running water and appliances beeping, reports Android Central. This means users can set up an Alexa routine to notify themselves when the washer beeps to indicate that laundry is finished, the report said.
When Alexa detects that the faucet has been left open, it will send users a notification as well so they can take appropriate action, it added. Amazon previously said at its event in September that it would add the ability to programme Alexa to recognise custom sounds, but that feature has yet to arrive. Having said that, the two new sound detection capabilities not only help users save energy, but they also make it easier to avoid paying for unnecessary charges on your home utilities, the report said.
The retail giant has also announced ultrasound motion detection, which will allow you to set up "Occupancy Routines" on additional Echo devices. This feature allows your smart speaker to detect nearby motion and initiate a routine, such as turning on the lights. It is compatible with many of the best Alexa speakers including the 4th-gen Echo, Echo Dot and Echo Dot with Clock. (IANS/ MBI)
(Keywords: laundry, appliances, beeping, running water, Sound, Alexa , Amazon)
By Olivia Sarkar
Comforting Christmas cocktails help you enjoy the celebrations and get into the festive spirit. The Leela Palaces, Hotels, and Resorts offer distinctive cocktails ranging from Hot Toddies to Decadent Egg Nogs. Sit back and enjoy one martini at a time to make the festive season a little brighter.
Dirty Chai Eggnog:
30 ml Bourbon
30 ml Baileys
90 ml Hot milk tea
Sweet cream foam to top up
Cinnamon powder and star anise.
1. In a heavy bottomed med sauce pot, prepare tea with milk. Strain and let it cool.
2. In a cocktail shaker add egg white, Bourbon, Baileys with whole spices. Shake well.
3. Pour the tea in the glass followed by ingredients from cocktail shaker.
4. Garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon powder, whole star anise
Eggnog is a Christmas favourite that is accustomed to toasts for good health and prosperity.| Pikist
Inspired by the Christmas Spirits and holiday flavours is a wonderful concoction of warm whisky, sweet vanilla, and thick butter.
45 ml Butter fat washed Whiskey
20 ml Ginger bread syrup
15 ml Spiced Apple liquor
2 dashes of Bitters
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1. Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker
2. Shake well
3. Pour into an old-fashioned glass
4. Garnish with Gingerbread cookie
Inspired by the Christmas Spirits and holiday flavors is a wonderful concoction of warm whisky, sweet vanilla, and thick butter. | Flickr
(Keywords: Santa's Apple, Egg Nogs, December, Cocktail, Cocktail, Christmas, holiday, celebrations)