Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
By Abhyank Srinet
Master of business administration is an internationally recognized degree which is acronymed MBA. It is one of the most popular professional degrees with over 2,5000 programs across the world. The curriculum consists of major subjects such as finance, business, accounting, economics, operations, strategic management, organization and the relevant subjects which are in accordance with your major. The 2 year post graduate course is a gateway to a plethora of corporate level job opportunities with a primary focus on the managerial level. It is offered in the form of both classroom and distance learning programs. CAT, NMAT, SNAP, XAT, GMAT, MAT and other entrance exams of several MBA colleges test a student’s aptitude with the help of a written test, a group discussion round that follows and finally with the personal interview which is a selection round wherein they are chosen on the basis of the diversity and effectiveness of their profile as opposed to the previous ones where candidates are eliminated on their errors. After going through this series of rigorous tests is an applicant qualified to get admission into a reputed business school. The course strengthen a person’s business acumen, problem solving and analytical skills and grooms their overall personality to help them compete well and stand out in the job market, both nationally and globally.
What is deferred MBA:-
Deferred MBA is similar to MBA in almost all respects except one where it grants pre-admission to students 2 years prior to the actual MBA. This period is assigned for the students to gain the required work experience after which the classes begin. It is a guaranteed entry program for those who have an interest in pursuing an MBA and have pre decided to do so. It gives a relief to applicants from the vigorous application processes and the preparation of the entrance exam. The program offers college seniors the option of starting early in the MBA game. It combines the goodness of a reputed international MBA, which ordinarily seeks experienced candidates, with early career MBA.Students don’t have to wait too long before commencing on a high-flying career post-MBA. If a student stays on track, he may receive lucrative job offers by his mid-20s.
Top schools for deferred MBA
This is a list of schools which offer deferred MBA:-
- Harvard business school- The deferred MBA program at Harvard is one of the leading STEM and humanities discipline students. The 2+2 curriculum enrolls students in college or graduate programs. They employ case studies which enhances the leadership skills of a student and their experience based learning instills in them deep general strategic management tactics. Students build a global experience, drawing from global cases and protagonists, a diverse international student body, international project-based field experiences and immersive field courses. To be considered for admission to the 2+2 class starting from 2022 (entering 2020) the student must have completed graduation by September 30 2017.
- Stanford GSB enrollment program- The Stanford GSB enrollment program is open for students who wish to begin an MBA immediately after senior year. It aims to construct an MBA by engaging students from various educational and professional backgrounds. It is specifically engineered for students who do not have full time work experience. Candidates for this program can apply in any round, but it is advised to apply in round 3 with a fee of $100. If a student meets the criteria for deferred enrollment, they could attend the business school immediately after the university program or to work before the commencement of classes. The committed faculty members and a collaborative learning environment helps students specialize in entrepreneurship skills, communication skills, social innovation, leadership etc. Not only do they ensure a guaranteed position in reputed companies but the candidates also inculcate proficiency in numerous franternities alongside their major subject.
- Wharton moelis advance access program- This is the newest entry amongst the deferred management programs. The Moelis Advance access program is only open for undergraduates of University of Pennsylvania. The students enjoy access to rich Wharton network and resources during the deferment period. They are also considered for fellowship programs at various prestigious establishments with upto $10000/year stipend.
- Yale SOM silver scholars program- Yale Silver Scholars deferred admission program is considered to be the most unique among others. The program structure is divided uniformly over three years. The students undergo core curriculum at Yale during the first year. During the second year, the students undertake extended internships at various departments like start-ups, government education departments, general management roles in large corporations and investment firms. The third year allows students to pursue elective coursework before graduation. This unconventional program is considered to be one of the most prestigious business programs across the globe.
- Chicago booth scholars program- Chicago booth has been a hub for research and business education for over a century. MBA deferment programs encourage students to begin the admission process even before they leave their university and enter the business world. Throughout the period of 2 to 4 years booth students are a part of the booth community and have access to seminars, meetups, talks, alumni and corporate events and collaborations with prospective companies which could be a great boon to kickstart their professional career. The application procedure is normal and straightforward but unlike many other top colleges, the application fee at Chicago booth scholars program is waived for all the applicants.
Deferred MBA can be a life changing decision in a student’s life and it is hence important to thoroughly research and compare the programs offered by various institutions. This should be done to ensure that the final choice is a result of vigorous planning of the interests, requirements and expectations from the course. Select what is best for you and work towards achieving the same.
Abhyank Srinet holds a Masters in Management degree from ESCP Europe & has an
engineering degree with a specialization in Instrumentation & Control. His interest in the digital landscape motivated him to create an online start up for Masters in Management application consulting (MiM-Essay.com), focused on spreading quality information about the MiM degree & performing application consulting services for clients. He is the chief consultant of the
company and takes care of Business Development and Digital Marketing side of the company. He is very passionate about writing and marketing.
As robots evolve to do more work around us, the UK-based humanoid robot manufacturer Engineered Arts has infused more human-like facial expressions into one of its robots, which may leave you with an eerie feeling.
In a video posted on YouTube, the robot called 'Ameca' displays various human expressions, like appearing to "wake up" from sleep, as its face shows confusion and frustration when it opens its eyes.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter to stay updated about the World news.
Once awake, 'Ameca' starts looking at its hands and arms, opens its mouth and raises its eyebrows, just like a human does.
At the end of the video, Ameca smiles and holds a welcoming hand out towards the viewer.
According to Engineered Arts, the humanoid bot is currently unable to walk and it is working towards giving it the ability in the near future.
"Designed specifically as a platform for development into future robotics technologies, 'Ameca' is the perfect humanoid robot platform for human-robot interaction," says the company.
The 'Ameca' hardware is a development based on its own research into humanoid robotics and built on its advanced 'Mesmer' technology.
Ameca' on display at the CES 2022 conference in Las Vegas in the US in January.Unsplash
Also read: NASA humanoid robot dances to technology
Engineered Arts is slated to put 'Ameca' on display at the CES 2022 conference in Las Vegas in the US in January.
"Human-like Artificial Intelligence needs a human-like artificial body. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning systems can be tested and developed on Ameca alongside our powerful 'Tritium' robot operating system," the company posted on its website. (IANS/PR)
(Keywords: Humanoid Robot, Ameca, Technology)
Microsoft has disrupted the activities of a China-based hacking group, gaining control of the malicious websites the group used to attack organisations in the US and 28 other countries around the world.
The Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit (DCU) said in a statement that a federal court in Virginia granted its request to seize websites of the hacking group called 'Nickel', enabling the company to cut off Nickel's access to its victims and prevent the websites from being used to execute attacks.
Follow NewsGram on LinkedIn to know what's happening around the world.
"We believe these attacks were largely being used for intelligence gathering from government agencies, think tanks and human rights organisations," said Tom Burt, Corporate Vice President, Customer Security and Trust at Microsoft.
Obtaining control of the malicious websites and redirecting traffic from those sites to Microsoft's secure servers will help the company protect existing and future victims while learning more about Nickel's activities.
Also Read : Fortnite : A Gold Mine for Hackers
"Our disruption will not prevent Nickel from continuing other hacking activities, but we do believe we have removed a key piece of the infrastructure the group has been relying on for this latest wave of attacks," Burt said late on Monday.
To date, in 24 lawsuits - five against nation-state actors -- Microsoft has taken down more than 10,000 malicious websites used by cybercriminals and nearly 600 sites used by nation-state actors.
"We have also successfully blocked the registration of 600,000 sites to get ahead of criminal actors that planned to use them maliciously in the future," the tech giant informed.
"We believe these attacks were largely being used for intelligence gathering from government agencies, think tanks and human rights organisations."Unsplash
In some observed activity, Nickel malware used exploits targeting unpatched on-premises Exchange Server and SharePoint systems.
"However, we have not observed any new vulnerabilities in Microsoft products as part of these attacks. Microsoft has created unique signatures to detect and protect from known Nickel activity through our security products, like Microsoft 365 Defender," the company noted.
Nickel has targeted organisations in both the private and public sectors, including diplomatic organisations and ministries of foreign affairs in North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe and Africa. (IANS/SP)
(Keywords : hacking, China, Microsoft, website, victim, intelligence, attack, malicious, traffic, server, company, disruption, lawsuits, cybercriminals, vulnerability.)
- Chinese Cyber Operations Scoop Up Data For Political, Economic ... ›
- Hackers Steal $120mn In Crypto From Blockchain-based DeFi ... ›
Chip manufacturer MediaTek on Monday announced that it is focused on making 2022 a year aimed at rapid growth, business success, substantial expansion in Research and Development capabilities.
MediaTek's plans to boost technology democratisation and enable access to disruptive connectivity with its range of mainstream to flagship 5G chips.
"We at MediaTek are focused on making 2022 a year aimed at rapid growth, business success, and substantial expansion in our R&D capabilities. For 2022, we are focused on further strengthening our presence in India, offering incredible experiences to customers, and supporting the country's technology initiatives with our expertise and collaboration with leading OEMs," Anku Jain, Managing Director, MediaTek India said in a statement.
Follow NewsGram on LinkedIn to know what's happening around the world.
In the flagship segment, MediaTek recently announced the Dimensity 9000 chip, which is a milestone of innovation and a rise to the incredible, built-to-power flagship 5G smartphones in the world, the company claims.
MediaTek Dimensity 9000 features a single Cortex-X2 performance core clocked at 3.05GHz, three Cortex-A710 cores at 2.85GHz and four Cortex-A510 efficiency cores at 1.8GHz.
It packs a 10-core Arm Mali-G710 that takes care of graphics processing, the report said.
The chipset also comes packed with MediaTek's fifth-generation APU with six total cores for AI processing.Unsplash
Also read: Realme Unveils First 5G Smartphone
The chipset also comes packed with MediaTek's fifth-generation APU with six total cores for AI processing.
The chipset can handle screens with up to a 180Hz refresh rate at Full HD+ resolutions. It is also the first chipset to have an 18-bit image signal processor, offering the ability to capture 4K HDR video using up to three cameras at the same time, or still photos using up to a massive 320MP sensor. (IANS/PR)
(Keywords: 5G, smartphones, Mediatek)