Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Getting a dress stitched is a lot better than buying it readymade. Not just because you get to style it or customize it as per your choice, but also because it allows you to choose the fabric that enhances the beauty of your body. Selecting the right fabric plays a very important role in determining the overall look of your dress.
Following are a few amazing fabrics which can be used for making beautiful prom dresses:
- Satin: When discussing the prom dresses, the first fabric that you can think of is Satin. It is a beautifully opulent and shiny cloth that gracefully adapts to the shape of your body and makes you look ravishing. Satin prom dresses have a hint of intensity and gloss in their colors which adds on to the dramatic effect of your attire. Thus, it is one of the most popular and loved fabrics used for making prom dresses.
- Velvet: If you are looking for a dress with some depth and intensity, velvet is what you need to make your own stunning prom dress. Along with a soft texture, the fabric gives a shiny surface and a breathtaking drape that adds royalty to your dress. Prom dresses made with a velvet look passionately beautiful and therefore are a very good option if you are looking for one.
- Georgette: This fabric is different in its own way and would give you the best gowns with flair and frock like dresses. It has a beautifully crinkled texture and is bouncy in nature. It gives a graceful shape to the body and enhances the appearance of the person wearing it. They are tightly woven and are either made from silk or polyester.
- Organza: Simplicity and delicateness are favorite to many. If it is for you too, this fabric is right for getting you one of the best prom dresses you would’ve ever come across. The fabric has a very crisp effect and is translucent in appearance. It blends well to form layered dresses making you feel like a fairytale princess.
- Crepe: Since matte is in fashion and not just the pastel colors but a cloth that gives the matte effect is also necessary, crepe does every bit of justice to it. It has a rough or a bit grainy texture as you call it that gives a graceful draping property to your dress. Giving a particular shape to a dress is usually difficult but using crepe, it is easily doable due to its pebbled surface.
- Chiffon: One of the very common fabrics used in making prom dresses and gowns is chiffon. It is yet another fabric which is made from some other great fabrics like silk, cotton, rayon etc. The qualities of the fabric which makes it eligible for the cause include its light-weightiness and adorning drape that gives that desirable fall and elegant shape to the dress.
Also Read: Dress Smartly to Create Perfect Waist
The above-mentioned fabrics are the ones which are going to help you make your dream dress. May it be the satin prom dresses or a smart dress made of crepe, all that matters is your satisfaction with it.
What Is Bullying?
How To Deal With An Adult Bully?
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Keywords: mental health, bullying, bully, bullied, courage, abuse, harass, support, cyberbully
A copper ring Image source: Wikimedia commons
Keywords: Copper jewellery, Copper is a health indicator, Metabolism, Oxidation, Benefits of copper
By Md Waquar Haider
The other factor is that the traditional players are very strong in the consumer laptop market. Top 3 players control more than 70 per cent of the market and strong portfolio, distribution, and channel reach as well as brand marketing has helped them massively. "New brands can surely make a dent in the consumer laptop market but are challenged by supply issues right now. Watch out for them in 2022 as and when supply situation eases up," Navkendar Singh, Research Director, Client Devices & IPDS, IDC India told IANS.
Dominated by HP Inc, Lenovo and Dell, the traditional PC market (inclusive of desktops, notebooks, and workstations) in India continued to be robust as the shipments grew by 50.5 per cent year-over-year (YoY) in the second quarter (Q2), according to IDC. Notebook PCs continue to hold more than three-fourth share in the overall category and grew 49.9 per cent YoY in 2Q21, reporting a fourth consecutive quarter with over 2 million units. Desktops also indicated a recovery as shipments grew 52.3 per cent YoY after recording the lowest shipments of the decade in 2Q20.
According to Prabhu Ram, Head, Industry Intelligence Group, CMR, driven by the pandemic and the associated accelerated pivot to remote work, learn and unwind culture, PCs have been witnessing heightened demand. "Despite the current supply chain constraints, PCs are here to stay in the new never normal. In the run-up to the festive season, established PC market leaders will continue to leverage their brand salience and gain market share," Ram told IANS.
HP maintained its lead in the India PC market with a 33.6 per cent share as its shipments grew 54.2 per cent annually. Dell Technologies continued to hold the second position with a 22.1 per cent share and an impressive 86.1 per cent YoY growth in 2Q21. Lenovo maintained the third position with a share of 17.8 per cent in 2Q21.
Arvind Suraj, Research Fellow, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), said that there is always a trust issue with new brands. "You won't buy a laptop in 6 or 7 months just like smartphones. In this case, we often go for existing players. Brands like Lenovo, HP, ASUS and Acer have already gained our trust," he said. (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: Chip, shortage, laptop, market, India, Xiaomi, hp, dell, brands