Never miss a story

Get subscribed to our newsletter


×

Bhopal: The CBI has registered three FIRs in the Vyapam scam – including one related to the mysterious death of Namrata Damor which has now been considered as a murder, sources said on Friday. It has also taken custody of the case diary of journalist Akshay Singh’s death case. vyapam

Contrary to an earlier observation on Namrata’s death, the CBI investigating the Madhya Pradesh Vyapam scam and the deaths related to it on Friday opted to view it as a murder case, CBI sources said.


The agency filed a case under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code against unidentified people, after the case diary of Namrata’s death was handed over to the CBI on Thursday night.

The number of First Information Reports (FIRs) filed in the Vyapam scam so far has now reached eight.

Jhabua Police Superintendent Abid Khan told IANS the case diary on death of TV journalist Akshay Singh has been sent to the CBI.

Akshyay Singh was found dead in mysterious circumstances in Jhabua’s Meghnagar while covering the Namrata Damor death case, viewed as most sensational of all other deaths linked to the Vyapam scam.

The body of Namrata Damor, a second-year MBBS student of Indore city’s Mahatma Gandhi Medical College on January 7, 2012, was found on Shivpura-Bherupur rail track in Ujjain district, police sources said.

With regard to Pre-Medical Test 2010, two incidents have been registered and 12 people have been mentioned as accused, CBI sources added.

Meanwhile, the Congress party here on Friday said no court had given any clean chit to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan but the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party is falsely claiming that he has been given a ‘clean chit’ by court in the scam.

State Congress spokesperson K.K. Mishra said: “Neither the court has give Chouhan any clean chit nor termed Congress leader Digvijaya Singh and whistleblower Prashant Pandey’s excel-sheet wrong. Still, from BJP’s Nandkumar Chouhan to union minister Prakash Javadekar they are saying the chief minister has got clean chit.”

(IANS)


Popular

Wikimedia Commons

'Vikram Vedha' is a Hindi remake of the runaway Tamil hit of the same name which was released in 2017.

It's been over two years since Hrithik Roshan appeared on celluloid. Fans have been waiting to witness his next performance on the silver screen and it seems like their wishes will be soon granted. Earlier, Hrithik had made an announcement about getting back to shooting schedule for the upcoming film 'Vikram Vedha'. And now, it's learnt that the actor has recently wrapped the first ever action sequence from the film.

The news came out when a few stuntmen from the film's set shared pictures of the sequence wrap. The stunt sequences seem to be quite crazy as suggested by the stuntmen. Talking about the same, a stuntman posted on his instagram as he wrote, "Wrapped up the first action sequence of Vikram Vedha. A big 'Thank you' to @parvez.shaikhh sir for this opportunity. Wouldn't have been possible without you ?? @hrithikroshan."

Another stuntman posted, "First craziest action sequence have done (sic).!! Cheer's To @hrithikroshan @parvez.shaikhh @stuntindia1 and all the stunt boys.!!"

'Vikram Vedha' is a Hindi remake of the runaway Tamil hit of the same name which was released in 2017. While the original action thriller starred R. Madhavan and Vijay Sethupathi, the Hindi version will see Hrithik Roshan squaring off against Saif Ali Khan. (IANS/ MBI)


Keep Reading Show less
VOA

Japan's former Princess Mako, the elder daughter of Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko, and her husband Kei Komuro, look at each other during a press conference to announce their marriage at a hotel in Tokyo, Japan, Oct. 26, 2021

The niece of Japanese Emperor Naruhito, Princess Mako, married a commoner Tuesday, relinquishing her royal status following a heavily scrutinized, controversial four-year engagement.

The Japanese Imperial Household Agency issued a statement announcing the marriage of Mako to Kei Komuro, both 30 years old.

Keep Reading Show less
VOA

This photo provided by the U.S. Attorney's Office for Utah shows fentanyl-laced fake oxycodone pills collected during an investigation

WASHINGTON — U.S. federal law enforcement agencies and Europol announced dozens of arrests to break up a global operation that sold illegal drugs using a shadowy realm of the internet.

At a Department of Justice news conference Tuesday in Washington, officials said they arrested 150 people for allegedly selling illicit drugs, including fake prescription opioids and cocaine, over the so-called darknet. Those charged are alleged to have carried out tens of thousands of illegal sales using a part of the internet that is accessible only by using specialized anonymity tools.

Keep reading... Show less