- With 32 killed and over 1,400 injured till now, the situation in Kashmir clearly reflects on the incident going out of bounds
- An open letter penned by an army veteran Major Gaurav Arya reflected on the boiling situation in the Valley and most appropriately justified his killing in an army operation
- He also noted that Kashmir is an “artificially manufactured conflict” by Pakistan as it simply wants to keep “Indian forces bogged down in the valley”
With the killing of Hizbul’s poster boy Burhan Wani, the Kashmir Valley is caught in serious crisis. 32 killed and over 1,400 injured till now, and the situation in Kashmir clearly reflects on the incident going out of bounds.
In spite of the turmoil, the truth remains that Wani was a terrorist and met the fate he deserved.
An open letter penned by an Indian army veteran Major Gaurav Arya of anti-insurgency operations in Kashmir reflected on the boiling situation in the Valley and most appropriately justified his killing in an army operation that took place in South Kashmir’s Kokernag area.
He pointed out that even if Wani had managed to flee this time he would have been killed in some other operation with “just a different date on the calendar, that’s all.”
Addressing him as “Dear Departed” Major Arya started by talking about the violent protest in Kashmir and said, “I grieve with your family and with the families of all those who lost their lives.”
Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgram1
Major Arya cleared that Wani made wrong choices by opting to become the face of terrorism on the “seductive world of social media”. He added that by posting pictures of him and his “brothers” with assault rifles and radio sets, Wani called for his death and warned that you should “NEVER do that in an operational area.”
Giving out signals to anyone who attempts to breach the security of the country, Major Arya iterated that Wani was a “dead man” as soon he went ahead to pursue his “social media blitzkrieg.”
Branding the members of Hurriyat Conference as “leech,” he pointed to their duplicity.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook: NewsGram.com
“Name one relative of Syed Ali Geelani, the head of the Hurriyat Conference, who is fighting the so-called Indian “occupation”? His son Nayeem Geelani is a doctor in Rawalpindi and lives under the patronage of the Pakistani ISI. Zahoor, his second son, lives in South Delhi. Mirwaiz Umar Farooq’s sister Rabia is a doctor in the US. Mariyam Andrabi, sister of the head of the radical Dukhtran-e-Millat, Asiya Andrabi, along with her family lives in Malaysia. Every Kashmiri separatist leader’s daughter or son is rich and safe, outside Kashmir. Jihad is for other people’s sons,” Major Arya said.
He also noted that Kashmir is an “artificially manufactured conflict” by Pakistan as it simply wants to keep “Indian forces bogged down in the valley.”
He concluded by saying, “You were a terrorist. You chose to wage war against India. Like for all other such perpetrators in the past, it didn’t go too well for you. When you choose to fight against the Indian Army, know this; THEY WILL KILL YOU.”
– prepared by Bulbul Sharma, a staff writer at NewsGram. Twitter: iBulbul_
- Battling the deadliest spell of Violence: Kashmir calm but tense as curfew, shutdown continue
- The US concerned over Kashmir killings, calls it India’s affair
- Kashmir Violence: Toll reaches 11 in a violent clash with security forces, Curfew Imposed